• 68(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
@BigNoid
I can confirm that this happens
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-05-02, 22:39)Maxoo Wrote: @BN : Switched to master branch, and now the animation ends. But it takes a huge amount of time (5 to 10 sec). Could this be disabled in settings (waiting for watchedscript, not the loading animation), as I don't really use it in the first seconds ?

You can always press ESC. i dont think 5-10 seconds is a huge amount of time btw, as the random and next aired script are running also and it smooths out the startup animations of the home screen. if you have no use for the watchlist script just delete it and the delay wont be there.
On a side note, we are planning to only load the watchlist script when needed, so that could solve it too.
logo/clearart should be fixed now.
(2012-05-02, 23:58)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 22:39)Maxoo Wrote: @BN : Switched to master branch, and now the animation ends. But it takes a huge amount of time (5 to 10 sec). Could this be disabled in settings (waiting for watchedscript, not the loading animation), as I don't really use it in the first seconds ?

You can always press ESC. i dont think 5-10 seconds is a huge amount of time btw, as the random and next aired script are running also and it smooths out the startup animations of the home screen. if you have no use for the watchlist script just delete it and the delay wont be there.
On a side note, we are planning to only load the watchlist script when needed, so that could solve it too.

i agree with that, I wouldn´t like it if you´re able to start the skin without having the widgets filled. bad user experience.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-05-02, 20:07)Deano316 Wrote: Tried out the beta today, have a few questions regarding fanart which I will reserve until the full release. One question I want to ask now is regarding lowlist. I use lowlist for movies and in the new beta the movie logos are not displayed in this particular view anymore. Is this a permanent fixture or can we have them back? I think it's well documented I'm a huge fan of logos Blush Also are movie sets a no go for the time being? I keep reading of the problems the script causes.

I will say without hesitation that the new skin is awesome. Love the custom menu/sub menu items, love the look. The extra customisation this time around allows the user even more scope to personalise Nox. Good work guys Big Grin
Dont know about the logos yet. We'll keep that in consideration. Movies sets works fine in the skin, just try itout...if you dont have the freezing issues then good for you Big Grin
(2012-05-02, 23:33)BlackRose Wrote: Hi Lads. Any way to change the position of the now playing panel on the home screen? Most music fanarts have an emphasis on the top of the picture, and with the new position of the now playing panel, as apposed to Nox, this emphasis is covered by a now playing panel, which when compared to earlier Nox'ies, seems to be off. Wondering if its possible to revert the position to where it was in Nox 2, like a setting change or something?

P.s. I'm actually talking about when the home scroller is in the lower position.

Thanks. Nox 3 looking great so far guys!

In earlier version the now playing took priority over widgets...now we want both to co-exists...so it wont be changed.
(2012-05-02, 19:57)Martijn Wrote: have them flashing like a strobe effect in bright awful colours Big Grin

Yes hexadecimals please Laugh
(2012-05-03, 00:03)Big_Noid Wrote: Dont know about the logos yet. We'll keep that in consideration. Movies sets works fine in the skin, just try itout...if you dont have the freezing issues then good for you Big Grin

Appreciate that BN Smile Yeah I'm having a few problems with freezing as has been reported, but hopefully a solution may be found at some point.

The more I use this skin, the more I love it. Being able to add sub menu items to the default items is awesome!! I'm seeing a few quirks here and there but we are still in Beta. Tip of the hat to you and Phil, great stuff!! Cool
(2012-05-03, 00:43)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-05-03, 00:03)Big_Noid Wrote: Dont know about the logos yet. We'll keep that in consideration. Movies sets works fine in the skin, just try itout...if you dont have the freezing issues then good for you Big Grin

Appreciate that BN Smile Yeah I'm having a few problems with freezing as has been reported, but hopefully a solution may be found at some point.

The more I use this skin, the more I love it. Being able to add sub menu items to the default items is awesome!! I'm seeing a few quirks here and there but we are still in Beta. Tip of the hat to you and Phil, great stuff!! Cool

Please report the quirks...this is beta and the time for reporting quirks Smile
(2012-05-02, 13:30)CutSickAss Wrote: Finally, definitive proof of how phil65's arrival has turned things around for Aeon Wink:
The Beta version looks great guys, a hell of a lot better than I, sceptic by nature, originally feared it would end up being. Aeon Nox 3.0 is now undoubtedly the best skin for XBMC! Thank you.
Yes phil's return definitely turned things around. The man has had some great original ideas Big Grin I'm glad we are working together on this instead of having separate Aeon mods.
You can quote me from one the first pages of the thread..I always had confidence this would turn out to be a very usable skin Angel
(2012-05-02, 13:30)CutSickAss Wrote: Image

What TV show is that background from? It's cool.
Fringe. It's from the pilot.
Question: Is there a way to manually set the "NEW" flags on movies? What is the criteria for "new". I noticed that several "new" movies aren't flagged as new, but some others are. If I skip through the entire movie...the flag changes to "Watched" but if I hit W, it changes back to NEW. I had initially thought that "NEW" was attached to movies until they were watched...but looks like only xx number of the latest movies are flagged with new...so if more new are added, these other "new" ones will lose their "new" flag? Any threads or wiki info on this - and is this skin specific?

Tried to search, but "new" is too generic a term...
Hi
I love your skin but could you add options tu use custom png flags? It would be much easier for standard users to add and replace those from texture file...

Thanks
(2012-05-03, 07:56)Fatimon Wrote: Hi
I love your skin but could you add options tu use custom png flags? It would be much easier for standard users to add and replace those from texture file...

Thanks

This will probably be possible for XBMC12.0 (the next version)
Ok...
Thanks for the fast answer Smile
(2012-05-03, 08:24)Fatimon Wrote: Ok...
Thanks for the fast answer Smile

You can also download the skin from github which contains the unpacked images and then replace them by your own ones.
*feature requests* ... please Smile

1) Would like to see the same options AEON MQ3 has for the home menu - style homedarkness and color selections / way he uses them. These really add a nice bit of customizability.

2) Ability to set a default backgrounds, for the individual sections (Music, Movies, etc) - not the home screen, for those not using fan art or a user defined background folder. Basically, the ability to set a default background so people like me, who want the same background image on most screens, can set it only one time, in one place.

thx
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07