• 8(current)
Release GlobalSearch Script
I found the problem. I totally miss the changes that ronie did in context menu dialog last month.
I've added the new button (1003) and fixed the position of the dialog. Everything is ok now.
Now i have to update my skin too in github.

Cheers
Nessus
(2012-02-10, 15:35)ronie Wrote: please try:
script.globalsearch-0.1.9.zip

The link is not working, please provide a working link.
If that addon is enabled on my system where can I find the script on disk (means I want to know the path).

Thanks.
(2012-04-18, 08:39)slinuxgeek Wrote:
(2012-02-10, 15:35)ronie Wrote: please try:
script.globalsearch-0.1.9.zip

The link is not working, please provide a working link.

ever heard of the xbmc addon repo? ;-)
(2012-04-18, 08:39)slinuxgeek Wrote: If that addon is enabled on my system where can I find the script on disk (means I want to know the path).

gimme access to your pc and i'll tell you.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
First of thanks for an AWESOME add on , this rounds off xbmc nicely just one niggle/request/fix?. I have a lot of music compilations (300+) so tend to sort my artists by not showing artists on compilations (as it is very messy on artist view). But the problem with this is the addon will only search artists not on compilations. When showing artists on compilations the addon runs as smooth as butter. Is there an easy fix/workaround or solution to this as the addon seems to search depending on whether that box is checked in xbmc music settings.?? Yours LeePenny
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2012-04-23, 12:45)leepenny Wrote: First of thanks for an AWESOME add on , this rounds off xbmc nicely just one niggle/request/fix?. I have a lot of music compilations (300+) so tend to sort my artists by not showing artists on compilations (as it is very messy on artist view). But the problem with this is the addon will only search artists not on compilations. When showing artists on compilations the addon runs as smooth as butter. Is there an easy fix/workaround or solution to this as the addon seems to search depending on whether that box is checked in xbmc music settings.?? Yours LeePenny

the addon is not aware if you've enabled artists on comps or not,
it just queries the xbmc db and displays whatever info is returned.

Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-04-23, 18:55)ronie Wrote:
(2012-04-23, 12:45)leepenny Wrote: First of thanks for an AWESOME add on , this rounds off xbmc nicely just one niggle/request/fix?. I have a lot of music compilations (300+) so tend to sort my artists by not showing artists on compilations (as it is very messy on artist view). But the problem with this is the addon will only search artists not on compilations. When showing artists on compilations the addon runs as smooth as butter. Is there an easy fix/workaround or solution to this as the addon seems to search depending on whether that box is checked in xbmc music settings.?? Yours LeePenny

the addon is not aware if you've enabled artists on comps or not,
it just queries the xbmc db and displays whatever info is returned.
So I suppose theres no solution to this as it seems I cant point the script to anything other than the type of db im using in xbmc (album artist OR song artist ?

(2012-04-27, 10:30)leepenny Wrote: So I suppose theres no solution to this

nope.
Thanks for the info ronie.
A request: Can you add support to search by original movie titles?

My movies title in library are mostly in Portuguese, the original title is in a secondary field. So, "The Grey" will return nothing, but "A Perseguição" will return this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1601913/ and both are title of same movie.

Thanks.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2012-05-04, 01:10)tinybutstrong Wrote: A request: Can you add support to search by original movie titles?

sure, care to test?

script.globalsearch-0.2.5.zip
Thumbs Up 
(2012-05-04, 01:26)ronie Wrote: sure, care to test?

script.globalsearch-0.2.5.zip

Amazing! Working like a charm.

Thank you so much.

I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
My name is Jan my internet name is skatulskijean on last time i adapted many addons for xbmc4xbox and urlresolver !
Can you help to adapt this to xbox ?
my problem is ia have a little adapted and i can search !
It looks on UserData/Database/MyVideo.db it is right?

(2012-05-07, 12:17)jeanwilly Wrote: My name is Jan my internet name is skatulskijean on last time i adapted many addons for xbmc4xbox and urlresolver !
Can you help to adapt this to xbox ?
my problem is ia have a little adapted and i can search !
It looks on UserData/Database/MyVideo.db it is right?
it doesn't query the database directly,
instead it uses the josn-rpc interface in xbmc
to retrieve data from both the video and music database.

should you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
can you add suport to search film by actors?search jonny depp and all movie in libary by depp shows upp?and maybe search by year to?

GOOD SKRIPT
Hi ronie,

i'm a new user of xbmc, i've installed global search addon but the search is not working for me. Can you help me out in this regard.
Please find below the log of the same, dont no how to attach thats y adding it over here...

edit: log removed

Thanks alot in advance Smile
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GlobalSearch Script1