• 28(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
(2012-05-03, 22:02)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-03, 20:20)JoeBar Wrote: I'm using the Scythe 1100 btw.
It's perfect for 300-65 case.....

(2012-05-03, 20:20)JoeBar Wrote: P.S. was there a guide somewhere for Win 7 tweaks and tips to prepare for an HTPC system? I recall seeing one, but cant track it down now.
You can customize Windows7- Customizing Windows for XBMC

Yes it is perfect, but you wont be able to get the RAM out with it installed Smile

Thanks for the link, but I recall something more regarding tweaks and settings rather than visual mods.
(2012-05-03, 23:03)JoeBar Wrote: Yes it is perfect, but you wont be able to get the RAM out with it installed Smile
Space is always limited with m-ITX mobo......

(2012-05-03, 23:03)JoeBar Wrote: Thanks for the link, but I recall something more regarding tweaks and settings rather than visual mods.
If you want to setup for bitstreaming HD audio or external player, you can check the guides in my signature. If you want other skin, you can download it from here- skin....

I'm not sure what other tweaks you have in mind.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-03, 23:41)bluray Wrote: I'm not sure what other tweaks you have in mind.....

Nothing in specific. I just seem to remember seeing some pdf guide on the best way to prep a win 7 system for xbmc. I'll continue my quest Smile
if your using an SSD then, yes,
i've put up a guide to follow, here ==> http://ow.ly/1sTqyC
(2012-05-03, 20:20)JoeBar Wrote: Got my box built last night! Took a solid two hours with cable tidying.. Powered up straight away w/o an issue.

Beer, one thing you may want to add to the first post is to install the RAM before the heatsink! If you install the sink first, there's no way the ram is going in there without breaking off the plastic guides first (or removing the freshly mounted heatsink). I didn't have this problem, but it's possible others will.. I just hope my RAM doesn't go bad Smile

I'm using the Scythe 1100 btw.

P.S. was there a guide somewhere for Win 7 tweaks and tips to prepare for an HTPC system? I recall seeing one, but cant track it down now.

Yes very very nice.....

I will update my thread.... I been doing this so much I forgot to mention to install RAM first.... I always install RAM first..... thanxBig Grin
Don't feel bad JoeBar, I had to remove my heatsink to install my ram.... I was in such a hurry to see the heatsink on there I never thought about the ram... that and I'm a total noob.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2012-04-27, 02:57)JoeBar Wrote: Can anyone answer this though? Will the higher power brick make the system draw more watts overall? I know we can get away with the 65W, but for 10-15 bucks more, I wanna be cautious..

I'm gonna answer myself on this Smile I got the 90W PS, and my Kill-A-Watt is reading 22-23 while idling, so the answer is no!

The 65W would be fine, but for 9 bucks for the larger PS which will withstand the CPU running at 100% usage, it was worth it to me. Who knows when good ol' Windows is gonna freak out and peg itself in the middle of the day or night while I have this thing running! I wanna be covered Smile

Spent all nite reorganizing my entertainment center and finally have the PC set up.. Tomorrow I install XBMC!
FTW JoeBar!!
(2012-05-04, 07:06)JoeBar Wrote:
(2012-04-27, 02:57)JoeBar Wrote: Can anyone answer this though? Will the higher power brick make the system draw more watts overall? I know we can get away with the 65W, but for 10-15 bucks more, I wanna be cautious..

I'm gonna answer myself on this Smile I got the 90W PS, and my Kill-A-Watt is reading 22-23 while idling, so the answer is no!

The 65W would be fine, but for 9 bucks for the larger PS which will withstand the CPU running at 100% usage, it was worth it to me. Who knows when good ol' Windows is gonna freak out and peg itself in the middle of the day or night while I have this thing running! I wanna be covered Smile

Spent all nite reorganizing my entertainment center and finally have the PC set up.. Tomorrow I install XBMC!

Yes for HTPC use no big deal with the 65W unless you have stuff running in the background.....

Glad you are happy with the build....!

Wink

My PS3 just died.... the yellow light of dead..... I am trying to fix it.... took it apart and re-applied thermal paste.... fallowed some youtube hints..... the thing is dead! tomorrow ill try something else..... lol crap.... I wana go online and shoot some peeps.... JAJA

If anything I'll just buy a slim if nothing works....

My fat ps3 was when it came out.... so it had its time....
Just bought all the equipment for this set-up and am terribly excited. I'm hoping to be able to get it bit streaming HD Audio and playing my rips soon.

Stepped away from XBMC for Dune a while back, but I just can't abide that dreadful GUI. Popcorn Hour is no better.

Any MAJOR information I need before I begin?

I read about the memory before the fan, but is there anything else I need to know? I haven't built a PC since 1996. HAHA.
(2012-05-05, 19:16)sirreef Wrote: Just bought all the equipment for this set-up and am terribly excited. I'm hoping to be able to get it bit streaming HD Audio and playing my rips soon.

Stepped away from XBMC for Dune a while back, but I just can't abide that dreadful GUI. Popcorn Hour is no better.

Any MAJOR information I need before I begin?

I read about the memory before the fan, but is there anything else I need to know? I haven't built a PC since 1996. HAHA.

Your good....

I don't know much of the HD Audio....

but bluray and CptHook do......

they will help you out.......

Big Grin Congrats you will be very happy with the A6-PACK.....
(2012-05-05, 19:45)Beer40oz Wrote: Your good....

Since beginning of time, and I'll be glad to help. You can find the info in my signature too.......Nod
(2012-05-05, 20:13)bluray Wrote:

Since beginning of time, and I'll be glad to help. You can find the info in my signature too.......Nod

Thanks guys!

Blu,

I noticed the rig in your post uses an A8. Should I go to that level or is that really overkill?

I mean, I'm hoping to get good performance out of the GUI and the movies. Not really using it for anything else.

(2012-05-05, 20:48)sirreef Wrote:
(2012-05-05, 20:13)bluray Wrote:

Thanks guys!

Blu,

I noticed the rig in your post uses an A8. Should I go to that level or is that really overkill?

I mean, I'm hoping to get good performance out of the GUI and the movies. Not really using it for anything else.

A6-3500.... that's all you need. I hate this question already.... Rolleyes

(2012-05-05, 20:48)sirreef Wrote: Blu,

If you like to watch blu-ray movie while transcode/rip/video editing in the background, A8 is your best option. If you just need it for playback blu-ray, A6 should be good to go.....

• 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10