• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Radio Add-on (rad.io, radio.de, radio.fr, radio.pt, radio.es) Music Plugin
Sphere, I have found your addon to be the most useful one for managing streaming audio / radio.
Fantastic, very much like.
It is well organized and the ui is fairly responsive - small lag when changing stations but I guess that's streaming/caching for you.

I will keep testing and report back. I did find that "Add to My Stations" is sometimes unreliable.
When I return to XBMC after 2-3 days and press that option, I get an addon.py error
It is not always repeatable, so I'll test a bit more and send you log.

One thing that would be very nice is to have the My Stations appear as the 'home page' for the addon.
Once I'm done adding my stations that's pretty much all I need - having to navigate down deep into menu is less efficient.

Take care.
| Frodo| Windows7 64b | Acer Aspire Revo 3610 3GB |
| Frodo | PeppermintOS 3 | Dell Dimension 3100 | 2GB |
Hi,
(2012-04-02, 17:36)emagin Wrote: Sphere, I have found your addon to be the most useful one for managing streaming audio / radio.
Fantastic, very much like.
It is well organized and the ui is fairly responsive - small lag when changing stations but I guess that's streaming/caching for you.
Thanks! Smile
(2012-04-02, 17:36)emagin Wrote: I will keep testing and report back. I did find that "Add to My Stations" is sometimes unreliable.
When I return to XBMC after 2-3 days and press that option, I get an addon.py error
It is not always repeatable, so I'll test a bit more and send you log.
Yes, there is a possible issue. I just store the station_ids and they can change, this produces an error.

But I am working on a new system for "My Stations" where you also can add custom stations - your issue should then also be solved.
(2012-04-02, 17:36)emagin Wrote: One thing that would be very nice is to have the My Stations appear as the 'home page' for the addon.
Once I'm done adding my stations that's pretty much all I need - having to navigate down deep into menu is less efficient.
You can add "My Stations" to your favourites. Then you can direct jump into that category from the favourites-list. Maybe this is what you want?

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Hi all,

I have been trying to find local (Australian) stations such as 4BC and 3AW - to no avail.

Running Linux Mint 12 (based on Ubuntu Oneiric) with Eden 11.0. In Rhythmbox I can easily add 3AW by adding their URL http://streaming.mytalk.com.au/3aw but can't find a way of adding this station (or others) to XBMC.

Any ideas?

Thanks
(2012-05-06, 01:43)aquarius18 Wrote: In Rhythmbox I can easily add 3AW by adding their URL http://streaming.mytalk.com.au/3aw but can't find a way of adding this station (or others) to XBMC.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Play_internet_video_and_audio_streams

Here is the .strm file for 3AW for you to download as an example (tested working).
𝕗𝕒𝕀π•₯π••π•¦π•žπ•‘
ⒽⓉⓅⒸ Intel NUC 5i5RYK | Win10 | Kodi 18.nightly | GΠ―iD 2.3.5
β“ƒβ’Άβ“ˆ Synology DiskStation | DSM 6.2 | AverMedia A835 USB Dual DVB-T Tuner | TvHeadend 4.x
(2012-05-06, 09:47)fastdump Wrote:
(2012-05-06, 01:43)aquarius18 Wrote: In Rhythmbox I can easily add 3AW by adding their URL http://streaming.mytalk.com.au/3aw but can't find a way of adding this station (or others) to XBMC.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Play_internet_video_and_audio_streams

Here is the .strm file for 3AW for you to download as an example (tested working).

Thank you fastdump - too easy, even for an XBMC noob like me!
Having an error opening streams on EDEN, on 10.04 Ubuntu

Code:
11:27:16 T:2837445488  NOTICE: Radio addon: __format_stations end
11:27:16 T:2837445488  NOTICE: Radio addon: show_stations_by_category end
11:27:21 T:2837445488  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:27:21 T:2837445488  NOTICE: Radio addon: get_stream started with id=10083
11:27:21 T:2837445488  NOTICE: Radio.de scraper: get_station_by_station_id started with language=english, station_id=10083
11:27:21 T:2837445488  NOTICE: Radio.de scraper: __get_json started with path=broadcast/getbroadcastembedded, gets={'broadcast': '10083'}, language=english
11:27:21 T:2837445488  NOTICE: Radio.de scraper: __urlopen opening url=http://rad.io/info/broadcast/getbroadcastembedded?broadcast=10083
11:27:32 T:2837445488  NOTICE: Radio.de scraper: __urlopen ended with 2164 bytes result
11:27:32 T:2837445488  NOTICE: Radio.de scraper: get_station_by_station_id end
11:27:32 T:2837445488  NOTICE: Radio addon: get_stream end with stream_url=http://listen.radionomy.com/abc-dance
11:27:46 T:6281584   ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file http://listen.radionomy.com/abc-dance
11:27:46 T:6281584   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 6, path [plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/station/10083/]
11:28:17 T:6281584 WARNING: Create - Unsupported protocol(pipe) in pipe://1/
11:35:20 T:6281584 WARNING: Create - Unsupported protocol(pipe) in pipe://2/

############### END LOG FILE ################
Kinda like it, found back radio blagon in it Wink.
The only thing, but i dont know if it is manageable from your pluggin or not, is that when i add a web radio to favourites, and then adding this favourites to a new home menu, nothing append. So I added the radio to "my stations" menu and make "my stations" in my favourite. Make me click once more each time this way though.
(2012-05-30, 17:10)trex Wrote: Kinda like it, found back radio blagon in it Wink.
The only thing, but i dont know if it is manageable from your pluggin or not, is that when i add a web radio to favourites, and then adding this favourites to a new home menu, nothing append. So I added the radio to "my stations" menu and make "my stations" in my favourite. Make me click once more each time this way though.

Interesting - you are right. Radio stations which are directly added to to the Favorites don't play. I will investigate it but I fear it is a core issue...
(I guess it is related to the setResolvedUrl()-method which doesn't work on favorites)

thanks for reporting!

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
It works fine, however I use XBMC Remote and that is where I have no success. When I select a station via XBMC Remote, it won't play it.

I was able to get XBMC Remote to work properly with some of the other Add-ons (like Icecast) and play a radio station.
Hi!

My Stations does not work - I get: "Script Error! : addon.py"
Downgrading to 1.0.4 and removing some stations did not work at first but then it worked again, now after a few weeks it is broken once again - no matter what version (1.0.4 and 1.0.6). Guess this is no new news to you...
Favorites do not work eigher - just like sphere wrote...
Will there be a working version 1.0.8 soon?

greetings
Hi,
(2012-06-13, 13:39)qickquestion Wrote: My Stations does not work - I get: "Script Error! : addon.py"
Could you please upload a log?
When this error occurs, any of your my-stations stations does not work - it could be deleted by the provider or something like this.

(2012-06-13, 13:39)qickquestion Wrote: Favorites do not work eigher - just like sphere wrote...
I'm working on that - or, to be honest: I'm still thinking about what is the best solution for that problem...

(2012-06-13, 13:39)qickquestion Wrote: Will there be a working version 1.0.8 soon?
If you upload your xbmc log after this error occurs, an improved version will come earlier *g*

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
@sphere: Do you mean "xbmc_crashlog-..." from the home directory or is there a special log for the radio addon somewhere else?
(2012-06-13, 16:01)qickquestion Wrote: @sphere: Do you mean "xbmc_crashlog-..." from the home directory or is there a special log for the radio addon somewhere else?

I am talking about the default xbmc.log (not the crashlog). And no, there is no special addon-related log - everything goes into the default log.

You could use the XBMC Log Uploader-addon which is in the official xbmc.org addon repository for (automatically) uploading the log.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
@sphere: I think i found it: .xbmc/temp/xmbc.log
It says i can not post more than 10000 characters... Do I need a special tag or something?
(2012-06-13, 16:13)qickquestion Wrote: @sphere: I think i found it: .xbmc/temp/xmbc.log
It says i can not post more than 10000 characters... Do I need a special tag or something?

You have to upload the log file anywhere (pastebin.com, xbmclogs.com, ...) and NOT paste it here on the forum.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Radio Add-on (rad.io, radio.de, radio.fr, radio.pt, radio.es) Music Plugin5