• 78(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
(2012-05-07, 02:25)andyd Wrote:
(2012-05-04, 18:38)Big_Noid Wrote: if you have blu-ray in the name then it should show blu-ray icon:
bluray, blu-ray, bdrip or brrip
This is enough imo. If you dont have any of these in the name we assume the iso is dvd,
if you're talking cases it is detected by the resolution and that will only show when its played atr least one time.

Isn't there a tag in the metatag nfo for type? That's not used at all?

we won´t start with a skin-specific solution.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I'm working on a texture mod and I'm just wondering something since I'm not big on coding. How do I change the font on the main menu from Uppercase to lowercase? I've been looking through several XML's without any success. Any advice would help!
(2012-05-07, 02:51)Elixxen Wrote: I'm working on a texture mod and I'm just wondering something since I'm not big on coding. How do I change the font on the main menu from Uppercase to lowercase? I've been looking through several XML's without any success. Any advice would help!

line 1420 in includes_mainmenu.xml

Code:
<label>[UPPERCASE]$INFO[ListItem.Label][/UPPERCASE]</label>
to
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>

what do you have in mind exactly?
would be nice if you could give us skin devs some infos.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-04-19, 16:00)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 15:53)ximon Wrote: Long time user (and massive fan) of Aeon nox, just testing the WIP version now and liking what I am seeing. The new menu customization options are huge! Seems really fast and smooth too…

I know it's a WIP and nowhere near finished (so please don't hit me!), but I wanted to share a couple of requests:

- I would love to see an option to use the 'original' nox font for the main menu (Ubuntu Sans?), I am not personally a fan of the old Aeon font.
- A shortcut to the main menu options from the shutdown menu à la 2.0 would be very useful (maybe already planned?)
- An option to hide the tooltip on the left for the sake of tidiness (at the expense of WAF)

My only negative feedback, and again only my opinion, would be that I find the 3.0 episodes view inferior to the 2.0 version. I can't quite put my finger on why, maybe because it seems shifted a bit too far to the right?

Otherwise loving it and looking forward to the official release!

1) the only font i could imagine would be roboto condensed bold. most other fonts do not fit imo.
2) probably not, one of main aims was to remove cluttering and not having that much buttons visible at once. you can add a shortcut to a icon panel for example if you want quick access.
3) also not too sure about that one, i think that the vast majority will find it very useful. it´s only a few lines to remove from code though, so easy to do that yourself.
4) yes, seems as if we cannot satisfy everyone´s wishes with episode view. try background 2, that´s why it was shifted. it´s much more of a fanart view now.

I have absolutely no coding experience. Any chance you would be willing to share what lines to remove to get rid of the tooltip?

Having just started using 3.0 yesterday, not having the option to disable the tooltip is the only negative aspect I've seen in an otherwise great update to Aeon Nox.

(2012-05-07, 03:23)rcloud Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 16:00)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 15:53)ximon Wrote: Long time user (and massive fan) of Aeon nox, just testing the WIP version now and liking what I am seeing. The new menu customization options are huge! Seems really fast and smooth too…

I know it's a WIP and nowhere near finished (so please don't hit me!), but I wanted to share a couple of requests:

- I would love to see an option to use the 'original' nox font for the main menu (Ubuntu Sans?), I am not personally a fan of the old Aeon font.
- A shortcut to the main menu options from the shutdown menu à la 2.0 would be very useful (maybe already planned?)
- An option to hide the tooltip on the left for the sake of tidiness (at the expense of WAF)

My only negative feedback, and again only my opinion, would be that I find the 3.0 episodes view inferior to the 2.0 version. I can't quite put my finger on why, maybe because it seems shifted a bit too far to the right?

Otherwise loving it and looking forward to the official release!

1) the only font i could imagine would be roboto condensed bold. most other fonts do not fit imo.
2) probably not, one of main aims was to remove cluttering and not having that much buttons visible at once. you can add a shortcut to a icon panel for example if you want quick access.
3) also not too sure about that one, i think that the vast majority will find it very useful. it´s only a few lines to remove from code though, so easy to do that yourself.
4) yes, seems as if we cannot satisfy everyone´s wishes with episode view. try background 2, that´s why it was shifted. it´s much more of a fanart view now.

I have absolutely no coding experience. Any chance you would be willing to share what lines to remove to get rid of the tooltip?

Having just started using 3.0 yesterday, not having the option to disable the tooltip is the only negative aspect I've seen in an otherwise great update to Aeon Nox.

remove

Code:
<include>Media_Menu_Tooltip</include>

in includes_mediamenu.xml
Do you think this is stable enough to use as default/main theme? I use Nox 2.0 right now and want to try this just don't want to delete the 2.0 folder only to have to go back to 2.0 because 3.0 is still a little to unstable...
1) A few pages back I was complaining about the way posters looked in 3.0 and phil said "the images are now scaled and not stretched, choose proper posters with correct aspect ratios". First, I downloaded them with artworkdownloader. So you say they are not properly sized, but that has nothing to do with me. And I'm sure a lot of people download their posters with artworkdownloader. Second, I have noticed that they are not all scaled... some are still stretched.

Stretched:
- List (non-rounded covers)
- Low List
- InfoWall (BD/DVD Cases)
- InfoWall (Clearcase)
- Episode
- Shift (small view)

Scaled:
- List (rounded covers)
- TriPanel
- InfoWall (no Cases)
- Wall
- BigFan
- Landscape (in the infopanel you get from pressing up)
- Poster
- Shift (regular view)
- DVD Case
- Showcase

Personally I think they should all be Stretched. If I'm wrong, and my posters are just stupid and not of the right aspect ratio, then fine... I'm an idiot. But me and all my other idiots will have a strange look to our posters. But for all you smarties with the correct aspect ratios, you'll have posters that look fine regardless of if they are stretched or scaled... so why not just make them stretched so that me an my idiot brothers can have them look right?

And if you still disagree with me, can you tell me what the correct aspect ratio is so that I can re-scale all mine manually?

2) In any view, when I switch in the side menu from displaying "All Videos", "Unwatched" & "Watched" (none of my movies are listed currently as watched), when I move from "Watched" to "All Videos", I dont get the movies back... they all disapear. I have to restart to get them back.

3) In the view "Shift" with "small shift view" activated, the movie logo shows twice, super-imposed on top of each other.

4) There seems to be some "glow" in every corner on the fanart in every view even if "glow mode" is turned off. Might be by design but I think it looks off.

5) Moviesets seems to only work in a few views (dosent work in showcase for example).

6) In the views where it does work, the image it shows in the info panel is just the default movieset fanart. Really hard to tell how many movies you have in there or what movies they are. Other than the words "Collection" it's hard to even tell its a movieset. I'd suggest the view from other skins where it shows the individual movie covers or diskart.

7) While on the subject, it would be nice to have a view that supports movie diskart.

8) In Low List view the movielogo looks strange imposed over top of the movies lower down on the list.

9) Same thing for InfoWall, the movielogo is imposed over the media flags

10) Same as #9 for BigFan

11) Same as #9 in Episode

12) In Landscape view, the movielogo is there along with the text of the movie title... kinda on top of each other. Looks strange.

13) In Poster view, the movielogo looks out of place. It covers up the lower portion of the next movies down the line. Might wanna move it or eliminate it all together in this view.

14) When choosing a background for the home menu items, there is no option for "TV Show Fanart" or "Movie Fanart"... there is only "Video Fanart". So if you have videos separated into movies and tv shows (like a lot of people do) you end up with movie fanart on your TV menu item and visce versa.

15) Some times TV show fanart shows up on my "music" menu item even though I have the background set to "Music Fanart". There is some cross over for some reason.

16) When I had the background set to "Video Fanart" the other day, a movie that I had removed from my library quite a long time ago showed up.

Thats about it... other than those issues, the skin is perfect!

Thanks;
(2012-05-07, 04:06)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 03:23)rcloud Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 16:00)phil65 Wrote: 1) the only font i could imagine would be roboto condensed bold. most other fonts do not fit imo.

remove

Code:
<include>Media_Menu_Tooltip</include>

in includes_mediamenu.xml

Thank you, I really appreciate the help.
please use the newest git version, half of the things mentioned should be fixed already.

2) is probably not a skin issue.
4) design decision, can get uncolored with glow mode set to off
extended movieset support won´t make it for 3.0. neither big_noid or me use that really.

logo is optional btw.

and concerning aspect ratios: if we change something, we´ll change it to scale. stretching is bad. we only support the poster sizes scraped by the xbmc default scrapers. end of story.

and post the bugs left (if there are any) one by one on the github issues page
(2012-05-07, 06:11)crimsonfury Wrote: Do you think this is stable enough to use as default/main theme? I use Nox 2.0 right now and want to try this just don't want to delete the 2.0 folder only to have to go back to 2.0 because 3.0 is still a little to unstable...

it´s stable enough, yes (when not using moviesets addon)
Sorry for not searching the over 1100 posts, but why is Moviesets broken in 3.0?
(2012-05-07, 06:46)crimsonfury Wrote: Sorry for not searching the over 1100 posts, but why is Moviesets broken in 3.0?

we don´t know. it´s a script bug, not a skin bug.
(2012-05-06, 20:18)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-06, 20:14)e2zippo Wrote: Switched from MQ3 and I'm really digging Nox so far! But there's a couple of views that are really "laggy" when scrolling through movies. Wall is one, and if I'm not mistaken cowerflow is really laggy as well.

Other skins work good so it's not my hardware.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

depends on your settings...
try turning off bg effect/ and deactivate using extra media like poster.jpg/banner/logo.png

in general nox should feel faster than mq3, that´s the opinion of most users here at least.

EDIT: you were probably right concerning wall view. pushed a fix

Thanks!

I suppose the skin wont auto update iself since the version on the repo is 2.0.0?

Do I just have to redownload?

Cheers!

Edit: a side note, do you plan to support Rom Collection Brower?
(2012-05-07, 09:32)e2zippo Wrote:
(2012-05-06, 20:18)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-06, 20:14)e2zippo Wrote: Switched from MQ3 and I'm really digging Nox so far! But there's a couple of views that are really "laggy" when scrolling through movies. Wall is one, and if I'm not mistaken cowerflow is really laggy as well.

Other skins work good so it's not my hardware.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

depends on your settings...
try turning off bg effect/ and deactivate using extra media like poster.jpg/banner/logo.png

in general nox should feel faster than mq3, that´s the opinion of most users here at least.

EDIT: you were probably right concerning wall view. pushed a fix

Thanks!

I suppose the skin wont auto update iself since the version on the repo is 2.0.0?

Do I just have to redownload?

Cheers!

Edit: a side note, do you plan to support Rom Collection Brower?

rcb is supported in 3.0.
the skin will auto-update when it is pushed to the official repo. won´t take too long anymore.
until then i recommend to use git.
Hi, is it possible in low list show the logos on tv shows like on movies?

Thanks
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07