Pico PSU suggestions.
(2012-05-05, 20:49)eskro Wrote: weird that another member here had trouble with the A8-3850 and his 120W Power Brick.
Sometime, it is not the power brick. It could have a weak PSU......

Unlike other PSU, PiCo rated lower than its peak.......it's a brilliant idea....

(2012-05-06, 22:00)jaochoo Wrote: I will use this thread since it's related to the topic of PicoPSU:

I am currently planning my first HTPC build and came across the topic of PicoPSU. The concept sounds tempting because of less heat and noise in the case. Can I use a PicoPSU with any HTPC build? How can I determine whether I can use a PicoPSU and which one (I understand there are 120, 150, etc.)?
It's depending on your CPU....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Nevermind, didn't see blu's post
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

I have yet to have any problems. Granted I have not watched much but I did stress it for about 60 minutes on Friday and found no errors not any power issues.
(2012-05-07, 14:51)KraziJoe Wrote: I have yet to have any problems. Granted I have not watched much but I did stress it for about 60 minutes on Friday and found no errors not any power issues.
If you really want to stress it, you can try to watch a blu-ray movie in full 1080P video and bitstreaming HD audio while transcoding blu-ray movie (using HandBrake) in the background......

(2012-05-07, 15:54)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 14:51)KraziJoe Wrote: I have yet to have any problems. Granted I have not watched much but I did stress it for about 60 minutes on Friday and found no errors not any power issues.
If you really want to stress it, you can try to watch a blu-ray movie in full 1080P video and bitstreaming HD audio while transcoding blu-ray movie (using HandBrake) in the background......

But why would I do that? This is a viewing only machine. I have my work horse in the other room that does the rest...
(2012-05-07, 16:08)KraziJoe Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 15:54)bluray Wrote:

But why would I do that? This is a viewing only machine. I have my work horse in the other room that does the rest...
Just in case you want to stress it, and your APU is capable of doing these tasks with ease......

Some of the pics...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/krazijoe/se...625034816/

And the case is quiet...VERY quiet...
Cool KraziJoe you basically made it into a 300-65.....

Why did not you buy a 300-65 from start?

Nice to know the Pico fits in there......

Nice job.....

Very quiet huh? what are your RPM's? I get 800-920 steady
(2012-05-08, 07:32)Beer40oz Wrote: Cool KraziJoe you basically made it into a 300-65.....

Why did not you buy a 300-65 from start?

Nice to know the Pico fits in there......

Nice job.....

Very quiet huh? what are your RPM's? I get 800-920 steady

Because I built and then as I added more I figured it out...
(2012-05-06, 22:00)jaochoo Wrote: I will use this thread since it's related to the topic of PicoPSU:

I am currently planning my first HTPC build and came across the topic of PicoPSU. The concept sounds tempting because of less heat and noise in the case. Can I use a PicoPSU with any HTPC build? How can I determine whether I can use a PicoPSU and which one (I understand there are 120, 150, etc.)?

yes u can use a PicoPSU with any HTPC build.

u just need to buy the correct one.

example, check for power consumption reviews.

like we know that a quad-core A8-3870K APU can be handled by a 102W PSU.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pico PSU suggestions.0