Video (rendering?) quality
Hi,

New user here (of this forum, of XBMC, and of the ATV)

Recently moved to ATV+XBMC, very impressed with the software!

Got a few problems and questions, but with a bit of searching in this forum, got the thing
to work quite beautifully - streaming through WIFI from an NFS share, no problems with 720p and
even above, having a blast Smile

One thing which I wasn't able to solve in spite of searching, is the an issue with picture quality
when viewing videos.

Everything looks fine except - the colors. They look like the video is very compressed, it's very
noticeable in (what's supposed to be) smooth gradients on large surfaces - the color transitions look like
a very compressed jpeg picture (see the "Before" side in this image to get what I mean)

This problem does not appear when viewing the same videos on the same TV with the same connection, when
using an XTreamer.

I read in this forum about a problem that existed before in the ATV port's implementation of "rendering", but got
the impression that it was supposed to be fixed by now (in Eden).

Any help would be much appreciated!

My setup information:

XBMC (11.0 Git:20120331-ebfd899), Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 5.1 (Build 9B179b)). Built on Apr 1 2012

The full debug log can be seen here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2328

EDIT - here is another debug log which contains messages from playing a MKV file and a couple of streamed TED talks.

Absolutely nothing was installed on the ATV2 except for the JailBreak and XBMC.

Thanks!

I know at least one or two other users had this issue (though most don't seem to), and we figured out something... but it escapes me right now. I'll see if I can pull up a link, unless someone else beats me to it.
(2012-05-08, 07:15)Ned Scott Wrote: I know at least one or two other users had this issue (though most don't seem to), and we figured out something... but it escapes me right now. I'll see if I can pull up a link, unless someone else beats me to it.

Well, I found this and this, but there is no mention of what the solution was, if any.

The previously-solved problem is described here - seems to have had much the same symptoms.

Here is another mention, with screen captures that show the issue.

HTH, really looking forward to have this sorted out.. Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video (rendering?) quality0