it works a treat. quick little set-up guide, cuz some of the stuff is hidden.
you'll need to change the file "PVRDemoAddonSettings.xml", which is located in your xbmc sytem folder (not the user folder) in the "system" sub folder.
1. make a copy of the xml file you use for live streams.
2. open that copy in a text editor
3. using the find & replace function change
<item> to <channel>
<title> to <name>
<link> to <stream>
<thumbnail> to <icon>
keep in mind that the closing tags have a "/" in them, eg </item>
so you'll have to do each replace command twice.
4. the entire channel list has to be enclosed in <channels></channels> tags and inturn by <demo></demo>
5. if you have any radio channels in your list, you need to add <radio>1</radio> to each radio channel.
6. for channel groups see the PVRDemoAddonSettings.xml for the exact syntax.
once you have everything set up to your liking, replace the PVRDemoAddonSettings.xml with your changed channel file. (make a backup of the original for referance purposes and one of your personalized version, as it gets overwritten when xbmc gets updated)
to activate everything in xbmc: Settings > Add-ons > installed Add-ons > PVR clients > pvr demo client
that has to be enabled.
next: Settings > Live TV > enabled
you should then hear your system populating and after a few seconds can access the live tv options.
this does work without a tuner card (i use it just to have everything in one place)
what doesn't work: epg, fullscreen channel switching is often not possible without calling up the osd-channels list.
to make it easier, add <>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</> to the FullscreenVideo section of your keyboard.xml file.
Any ther questions, feel free to ask
(2012-05-06 15:04)apcarr Wrote: would love sky 1 and sky atlantic myself,any chance you guys (thatguy7669 and OldTerrier) could post your xml's for me,Thanks
sorry bud, but those are the ones that remain elusive. i'm still looking for them.