small suggestion and a question about star rating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Balinus Offline
Skilled Skinner
Hello!

Nice skin overall. I like the "fit and finish". Quick and smooth for the eyes.

May I suggest a higher "scrolltime" for your lists and banner views? Right now it seems to be set at 80. I find it hard to see the "scrolling" when the banners and list view are used. It kind of jumps. I see that for posters, it is set at 160. Looks much smoother imho.

Also, just a quick question. How did you manage to have "half" star rating? What kind of trick do you use for that? I want to implement that in Shade-Eden.

Thanks!
find quote
Hitcher Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2012-05-08 17:53)Balinus Wrote:  Also, just a quick question. How did you manage to have "half" star rating? What kind of trick do you use for that? I want to implement that in Shade-Eden.

Here you go -

(2010-09-03 20:29)Hitcher Wrote:  Sorry, didn't realise you were talking about the Star Ratings.

That took a while to work out but here's how I did it -

PHP Code:
<texture fallback="Star_Ratings/NA.png">$INFO[ListItem.Rating,Star_Ratings/,.png]</texture

That's the easy bit here's the harder part creating all the textures -

[Image: clipboard02hs.jpg]
find quote
Balinus Offline
Skilled Skinner
oh thanks Hitcher! always quick on the trigger! Smile
find quote
liquidskin76 Offline
Skilled Skinner
Hey Balinus,

I've increased the scroll times to 160 for the wall and banner views. It does look better.

Cheers for the heads up!

HTPC: Streacom F1C | Asus H87I-Plus ITX | Intel Core i5-4670T | Kingston HyperX SSD | Kingston DDR3 RAM
Home AV: Sony KDL-40HX723 | Sky+HD | Sony BDP-S480 BD Player | Sony STR-DH820 AV Receiver | Sony 5.1 Speaker System | Sony PS3 Slim | Logitech Harmony Touch
find quote