• 7(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2012-04-18, 19:41)pkscuot Wrote: Having said all that, ronie (the original author) did include an option to have Artist Slideshow keep running even if the music stopped. When I updated the documentation I removed reference to that, as I couldn't figure out a use case that made any sense for that.

skins can run the script at startup with the daemon option.
that way, skins can add a slideshow to (for example) the homescreen.

without the daemon option, the user would first have to switch to the visualization screen to trigger the script.

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-05-01, 23:24)ronie Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 19:41)pkscuot Wrote: Having said all that, ronie (the original author) did include an option to have Artist Slideshow keep running even if the music stopped. When I updated the documentation I removed reference to that, as I couldn't figure out a use case that made any sense for that.

skins can run the script at startup with the daemon option.
that way, skins can add a slideshow to (for example) the homescreen.

without the daemon option, the user would first have to switch to the visualization screen to trigger the script.

Ah, good point. While I'm updating the language files I'll do some work on the wiki page as well.
some questions: i´m starting the script with an onload in musicoverlay.xml at the moment. does that have any disadvantages compared to a startup launch with daemon parameter set to true?
EDIT: solved the other one.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-05-05, 01:37)phil65 Wrote: i´m starting the script with an onload in musicoverlay.xml at the moment. does that have any disadvantages compared to a startup launch with daemon parameter set to true?

It shouldn't really matter either way. If you load it at startup your skin could be modified to show the slideshow on other screens. That's about it.
(2012-05-05, 16:26)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-05-05, 01:37)phil65 Wrote: i´m starting the script with an onload in musicoverlay.xml at the moment. does that have any disadvantages compared to a startup launch with daemon parameter set to true?

It shouldn't really matter either way. If you load it at startup your skin could be modified to show the slideshow on other screens. That's about it.

never had problems without daemon mode... worked flawlessly for slideshow on home screen at least.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
i just love this addon Smile
This add on is fantastic - Great work really really great -

Question,

I have a local band which I have loaded in my library and want to use images for their music. I created extrafanart folder and loaded the images there but i get the not found banners flying around. My settings say use local art first. Is there anything else i need to do? do i need a .nfo file for this to work?

Many thanks in advance
(2012-05-08, 18:36)dugan26 Wrote: This add on is fantastic - Great work really really great -

Question,

I have a local band which I have loaded in my library and want to use images for their music. I created extrafanart folder and loaded the images there but i get the not found banners flying around. My settings say use local art first. Is there anything else i need to do? do i need a .nfo file for this to work?

Many thanks in advance

This maybe due to the fact that most skins expect you to have just 1 root music folder. And you must set the path in the skin settings page (mostly called "music path" setting) for it to work. I Ran into this little issue myself as I have 2 music folders on different hard drives. To get around this, One must make extra folders in 1 of the root audio folders. And then make a "extrafanart" folder for that artist inside it. You don't need to add the music files themselves. Just have the artist folder and the "extrafanart" with some images inside and then the addon will pick this up.
I only have 1 music folder -

The local band is inside that folder and categorized same as any other band and inside the local band is a folder called extrafanart with images inside it.

example:

X:\Music\LocalBand

Inside the LocalBand folder there is an album folder with all the mp3 tracks and inside this same LocalBand folder there is another folder called extrafanart

So when you open LocalBand up there are two folders
1. Album Name
2. extrafanart

Is this correct?

Yes.

Also make sure that your mp3's files are ID3 tagged with the same name as the artist folder name. IE:

x:\Music\Florence And The Machine
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
x:\Music\Florence And The Machine\extrafanart\random-image-name-1.jpg
x:\Music\Florence And The Machine\extrafanart\random-image-name-2.jpg
x:\Music\Florence And The Machine\extrafanart\random-image-name-3.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
x:\Music\Florence And The Machine\Lungs
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
x:\Music\Florence And The Machine\Lungs\Rabbit Heart.mp3

Make sure your MP3's (or what ever music file format you are using) looks something like this

And most important. Make sure you have the "Path" set in your skin.

what program is that?
(2012-05-08, 23:06)dugan26 Wrote: what program is that?

Oh, I use "Media Monkey". But you can use "WinAmp" also. And I am sure there are a few more apps that can do "ID3" tagging
Hi !

I'm not very familiar with scripts and have trouble using this one that seems to be perfect for what I want.

First : I'm running XBMC Eden on a WIn7 PC with Aeon Nox (3.0 updated through GIT).
I've just been doing a new clean install.

I wanted to have the same kind of music deplay as on the screen in the second post of this topic : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...0&page=122

I understood that I add to de-activate all visualization module in the Music Settings Menu and that I needed to use the Artist Slideshow script.
I downloaded it and it is now enabled.

My music is supposed to be organized well, with folder.jpg and .nfo files for artists and albums but also fanart files and extrafanart folders as you can see on my example below :

So in the settings of the script I disabled the download from both lastfm and htpbackdrops site as I wonder to focus on the fanarts included in each artist folder :

On the Slideshow settings, I choose my Root Music folder (C:\Users\Jeremy\Music\Test Musique) as the "Local Artist folder" and set the priority to local :

The problem is that, while playing some track and switching to the "now playing" view with Tab key, I don't have any fanart displayed and a big empty square on the top right part of the screen :

So obviously I am doing something wrong but don't know what.

Thanks for your help in my noob settings.
I would do this.

Artist Slideshow>>settings>>download page.

Have HTbackdrops enabled

Set minimal image hight size to 720 (I also in my settings have width set to 720 but I don't think you need it)

Set 16x9 enabled

Artist Slideshow>>settings>>slide show page.

All looks right. But you might want to add a "fallback folder". I have mine point to "C:\users\Oddsodz\documents\My Pictures" But you can come up with your own.

Seem odd that you had to disable some visualizations. Don't seem right to me as I have "Milk Drop" on and works just fine. I would go and turn that back on.

4 Most important.

Somewhere in the skin settings pages (not the Artist Slideshow settings). There is a "Enable Artist Slideshow" tick box. And you must also make sure that the "Music path" is set to the root music folder.

Now if all the above is done and it still don't work. Well I am lost. And somebody else will have to help you.
Thanks for your reply.
To answer your first two points I've changed my settings to the following :

and

What's the point of the fallback folder ? To store downloaded images from HT¨backdrops ?

For point #3, I mis-explained myself. I wanted to tell that the visualization was set to none :

Finally, I didn't find the "Enable Artist Slideshow" tick box your talking about in your post.

Besides, about the "music path", I have the following settings :

On the skin topic I discovered the settings that you can get while pressing "M" on the "now playing" view.

Now I have fanarts and thumb for the album but the rest of the widget remains empty :

Thanks for your help !
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5