• 74(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2012-05-09, 12:02)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 11:55)AgeOfPanic Wrote: First of all, let me say that I really like this program. A lot of stuff to configure, but after that it works very smoothly. I was wondering what the status update is on fixing the episodeguide tag in the tvshow.nfo. This prevents me from using the program for my thshows right now.

What is the "episodeguide" tag? What's in it, or should be in there?

It's explained in this post earlier in the thread and the lack thereof in the tvshow.nfo created by EMM is preventing XBMC of scraping new episodes of shows that have been previously scraped with EMM.

(2012-05-09, 12:11)AgeOfPanic Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 12:02)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 11:55)AgeOfPanic Wrote: First of all, let me say that I really like this program. A lot of stuff to configure, but after that it works very smoothly. I was wondering what the status update is on fixing the episodeguide tag in the tvshow.nfo. This prevents me from using the program for my thshows right now.

What is the "episodeguide" tag? What's in it, or should be in there?

It's explained in this post earlier in the thread and the lack thereof in the tvshow.nfo created by EMM is preventing XBMC of scraping new episodes of shows that have been previously scraped with EMM.
Aha! So that's why once I've scraped a show with EMM, adding episodes requires me to remove the whole show from XBMC's library and re-add it.
A workaround for now is to scrape all the images and stuff for the new show and then remove the tvshow.nfo from the series folder. Then you can to add the show to XBMC and it will take care of the rest. Hope that EMM will support the episodeguide tag soon though.
I dont have this problem, but i proceed differently:
- Scrape a show with ember
- update XBMC-DB
- add a new episode to the folder
- update Ember-DB -> Ember create a new nfo & tmb for the new episode(s)
- update XBMC-DB -> no problem, new episode(s) be added
(2012-05-09, 13:28)DanCooper Wrote: I dont have this problem, but i proceed differently:
- update XBMC-DB

That's strange. When I do the same, the last step fails with me. I can only get XBMC to scrape the new episodes by scanning for new content for each show. In the XBMC log it states that there is no or incorrect episodeguide tag in the tvshow.nfo. Plus I find it a little cumbersome that I have to update the EMM-DB first, since I don't run this program on my HTPC and XBMC can scrape episode info fine.
(2012-05-09, 13:33)AgeOfPanic Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 13:28)DanCooper Wrote: I dont have this problem, but i proceed differently:
- update XBMC-DB

That's strange. When I do the same, the last step fails with me. I can only get XBMC to scrape the new episodes by scanning for new content for each show. In the XBMC log it states that there is no or incorrect episodeguide tag in the tvshow.nfo. Plus I find it a little cumbersome that I have to update the EMM-DB first, since I don't run this program on my HTPC and XBMC can scrape episode info fine.

What do you use scrapers in XBMC? I suppose thetvdb.
But it is true, XBMC does not find the new episode without a new episode nfo.
(2012-05-09, 09:55)DanCooper Wrote: Pic1, movies:
The following files you can delete in all movie folders:
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
movie.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
poster.jpg

Then set the options in Ember as follows:

Pic2, tvshows:
I also need a screenshot of the folder "Psych" ....

Thanks for the help.
(2012-05-09, 10:40)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 05:57)deh2k7 Wrote: Could we get a minor fix to artwork for TVshows?

For Season Artwork, would like the <season>-fanart.jpg show up as "season1-fanart.jpg" vs "Season 01 -fanart.jpg". Perhaps a new option for seasonX-fanart.jpg to be placed in the show's root, just in case someone is using the above setting for something else.

Newer XBMC skins are using this convention for season fanart.

What is the correct labeling/filename of a:
Season Fanart?
Episode Fanart?

SEASON FANART:

Skins in XBMC seem to make use of season fanart in two different ways:

One is "fanart.jpg" in the season folder. This seems to be working correctly in Ember today.
Two is "seasonX-fanart.jpg", i.e. "season1-fanart.jpg", in the TV Show root folder. Note that it is a single digit number (like seasonX.tbn vs. seasonXX.tbn season thumbs) unless of course the season is a two-digit number.

Episode fanart - not sure at all on this - I don't download Episode thumbs or Episode-level fanart; I let XBMC get them.

On a side side - has any thought be given to having an auxillary scraper to scrape artwork from fanart.tv for items such as logo.png (TV Logo), character.png (Character Artwork), landscape.jpg (16x9 Thumb/Landscape), clearart.png (TV Artwork) for TV Shows?

For movies, also from fanart.tv, logo.png (Movie Logo) and disc.png (Disc Art) are also available.
(2012-05-09, 08:21)Tomkun Wrote: Sorry if this has been asked, but would it be possible to have ember download both a poster.jpg and a banner.jpg for TV shows?

Second, I asked this a while ago, but I think it's worth bringing up again since ember has been revitalised; on IMDB some movies don't have MPAA ratings, but they do have a regular US rating. Why this is, I have no idea. It would be very useful if the US rating could be used as an MPAA rating but *only* when the MPAA rating does not exist.

I hope that makes sense, and thank you for keeping ember up to date.

This would be a nice option to have.
And finally - DanCooper. Thank you (and also Bodrick) for picking this up and keeping Ember alive. I have TRIED to use many other media managers out there, and Ember is by far the best, even with the maintenance having changed hands several times over the past couple of years. Great work!
I've been using Ember for a long time now for my movies, but I am just now using it to scrape images/nfos for my TV shows. One thing that I am finding frustrating is that when I do my initial scrape of ~150 TV series I have to click through the "TV Search Results", "TV Image Selection" and "Edit Show" dialog boxes. Is it possible to have a scrape mode for TV similar to movies that allows 'Ask require input if not exact match'? For example, it would only prompt me if "TV Search Results" returns more than one result. Otherwise, all data displayed in the "Image Selection" and "Edit Show" dialog would be saved as per defaults configured in the Settings menus.
(2012-05-09, 19:31)agroman Wrote: I've been using Ember for a long time now for my movies, but I am just now using it to scrape images/nfos for my TV shows. One thing that I am finding frustrating is that when I do my initial scrape of ~150 TV series I have to click through the "TV Search Results", "TV Image Selection" and "Edit Show" dialog boxes. Is it possible to have a scrape mode for TV similar to movies that allows 'Ask require input if not exact match'? For example, it would only prompt me if "TV Search Results" returns more than one result. Otherwise, all data displayed in the "Image Selection" and "Edit Show" dialog would be saved as per defaults configured in the Settings menus.

I'm in the same boat, and agree it would be nice. However, the way it is now is forcing me to take a good look at my series and ensure accuracy, which is what I needed to do anyway. Smile
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
movie.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
poster.jpg

I have a complete set of files where I've scraped using the format above, and NOT the <moviename> format you recommend. Is there a way to update my files so that I have the other <moviename> format and get rid of those unneeded files?
I don't want to scrape again, because I spent a lot of time doing manual changes to the files ember had scraped (getting rid of foreign language posters, editing genres and movie sets in nfo files, etc.)

(2012-05-09, 15:15)tismon Wrote:
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
movie.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
poster.jpg

Then set the options in Ember as follows:

Pic2, tvshows:
I also need a screenshot of the folder "Psych" ....

Thanks for the help.

Looks fine. But I would "poster.jpg" activate too. Many skins can differentiate between posters and banners format, but they usually require a "poster.jpg" and a "banner.jpg". The "banner.jpg" you must download manually from thetvdb or use the "artwork downloader" in XBMC. Ember support for banner.jpg coming soon..
(2012-05-09, 08:21)Tomkun Wrote: Sorry if this has been asked, but would it be possible to have ember download both a poster.jpg and a banner.jpg for TV shows?

Second, I asked this a while ago, but I think it's worth bringing up again since ember has been revitalised; on IMDB some movies don't have MPAA ratings, but they do have a regular US rating. Why this is, I have no idea. It would be very useful if the US rating could be used as an MPAA rating but *only* when the MPAA rating does not exist.

I hope that makes sense, and thank you for keeping ember up to date.

I'm working on a banner function.
Another request on the TV side of things. I would be very handy in the XBMC Controller would work with TV shows too. I download my shows via Usenet and they are automatically scanned into XBMC's library after they are downloaded. Sometimes there is no episode thumb and/or plot available on thetvdb.com at the time they are downloaded. It would be nice to be able to scrape them again couple days later and have XBMC's library updated automatically rather than have to manually go through and refresh each episode.
The movie local NFO can be stored else as movie.nfo or <movie>.nfo whit other words same filename as the movie file

Are it not possible to use same way on the series file or does them always need to be named same as the movie file? Wuld be nice to have like episode.nfo or whatever

/ Anton
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26