Environment:

Linux Mint 12 with kernel 3.2.xxxx generic
XBMC Eden installed via terminal commands found at XBMC wiki:

Quote:sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone
sudo apt-get update

For weeks all was good until yesterday. Did a 'Quit' XBMC and went on to researching bits and pieces on the web. Then decided to restart XBMC via desktop shortcut.

XBMC fires up, gets to the initial screen (XBMC Eden 11.0 etc) and then crashes the OS looping back to my Linux Mint login screen. All good until I attempt again to start XBMC - the lot crashes and I am back to the login screen.

Opened the XBMC crash log files but unable to make any sense out of that.

When XBMC is started for the first time after booting the machine, all is fine. This problem only happens after quitting XBMC and then (after some time) restarting XBMC.

Can anyone throw a light on this please?

Thanks guys
I have a XAMPP server running on the same Mint 12 installation and thought it may interfere with XBMC. So I disabled XAMPP before starting XBMC. Then exited XBMC, left the machine idle for a few minutes and restarted XBMC. Same result: crash and loop back to the login screen.

I have uploaded the xbmc crash log to one of my websites. It can be accessed here

Maybe the more experienced can make any sense out of the log.

Thanks again

Frank
[SOLVED]

This problem has mysteriously fixed itself Huh - I don't know why and how but there are no more crashes.
Were you using Gnome 3 when you were having the problem? If so, maybe it's related to this thread?
(2012-05-11, 17:31)artrafael Wrote: Were you using Gnome 3 when you were having the problem? If so, maybe it's related to this thread?

Yes, I am using G3. I had a few system updates since my first post and have reason to believe that one of the updates may have corrected this issue.

Thanks anyway for your pointer, useful to know for any other installations with Gnome 3.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting XBMC crashes Linux Mint 12 OS0