cdART Manager integration.
I'm planning on adding code to cdART Manager that would allow music artwork downloading from the skin, similar to Artwork Downloader does for video. I'm not 100% sure what library items that skin developers have at each level of the audio library. Ultimately and most accurately library ID's would be best, artist ID and album ID. Also if the skin uses a user supplied music library path is used in the skin, or if the skin creates a path(mainly needed for artists), this would be needed.

Suggestions will appreciated.
As far as i can tell artist name and album title are available. Not id.
So you need to compare the name that the skin parses against what is available in library to get the correct one.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
That is what I feared... Guess I should look into adding 'ListItem.Property(Artist_Id)' and 'ListItem.Property(Album_Id)' to a pull request, with a convincing reason.

(2012-05-12, 15:16)giftie Wrote: That is what I feared... Guess I should look into adding 'ListItem.Property(Artist_Id)' and 'ListItem.Property(Album_Id)' to a pull request, with a convincing reason.
I do the same with movies/tvshows. Compare the parsed title+path to the one stored in the database and then go from there. Luckily almost all have an tvdb/tmdb/imdb ID stored in database.
PHP Code:
medianame=$ESCINFO[ListItem.Title], mediapath=$ESCINFO[ListItem.Path
and search through database what is available that matches

No real issues using this method. Just a little workaround that functions pretty well.

It would even be better if the musicbrainz ID was also stored inside the database. Would make things a lot easier.

Note:
While you're at it could you also look at 'ListItem.Property(Id) for movies Tongue
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-05-12, 16:45)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 15:16)giftie Wrote: That is what I feared... Guess I should look into adding 'ListItem.Property(Artist_Id)' and 'ListItem.Property(Album_Id)' to a pull request, with a convincing reason.
I do the same with movies/tvshows. Compare the parsed title+path to the one stored in the database and then go from there. Luckily almost all have an tvdb/tmdb/imdb ID stored in database.
PHP Code:
medianame=$ESCINFO[ListItem.Title], mediapath=$ESCINFO[ListItem.Path
and search through database what is available that matches

No real issues using this method. Just a little workaround that functions pretty well.

It would even be better if the musicbrainz ID was also stored inside the database. Would make things a lot easier.

Note:
While you're at it could you also look at 'ListItem.Property(Id) for movies Tongue

I was thinking about the Movie_Id as well... Smile

I found part of the code in MusicDatabase.cpp(Artist - lines 4866-4883, Album - lines 4885 - 4903) but I do know that this is all of it...
Figured out Artist ID and Album ID... Smile

Martijn - you got your wish... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cdART Manager integration.0