OS X Strange sound when movie is paused
Aha now i get it! Same here when i updated my Mac! When will this get fixed?
Praise the DJ! Big Grin - apple b0rks and we have to fix *grumble*. I don't think we do anything about this. Because we have a complete new audio engine now. Would be nice to know if the issue is there too - then we would fix in the new audio engine of course (no 10.7.4 here).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Good news and bad news. I just tried the May 12 nightly and the audio problem on pause doesn't happen. The bad news is that the video is shaky and unwatchable.
(2012-05-12, 18:31)Memphiz Wrote: Praise the DJ! Big Grin - apple b0rks and we have to fix *grumble*. I don't think we do anything about this. Because we have a complete new audio engine now. Would be nice to know if the issue is there too - then we would fix in the new audio engine of course (no 10.7.4 here).

Sounds like bad news for us Confused
(2012-05-12, 18:47)jbuccino Wrote: Good news and bad news. I just tried the May 12 nightly and the audio problem on pause doesn't happen. The bad news is that the video is shaky and unwatchable.

More details would be welcome.
Im having the same problem with the same config as the OP, however i get no sound on dvds after watching an mkv
Sorry for double posting but,

This problem is even worse than i thought!

First of all, i noticed that sound is only sent in 2.0 or 2.1, and jot as specified

PLUS (and this is a big plus -which im only using emphasize, not yell) the sound feels gibberish, im telling you this, as i was listening to some classical music 5 minutes ago, and although the files are FLAC, it sounds like mp3 @ 32 kbps

I thought that maybemy speakers were bad, but i tuned the satellites music channels, and they sound great, so this is something with the new lion update
Running Eden (11.0, GIT: 20120321) on OSX 10.7.4 on a Mac Mini 2012 model. All sound and video goes through HDMI to my Denon Amp, and then up to the Samsung TV.

When I pause, the last 1/2 of a second continue to repeat itself, and I have to mute the Amp. It is annoying, but of course it will eventually be fixed. It used to work fine, and I can't say for sure when it started, when I upgraded to 10.7.4, or when something in Eden got upgraded last.

/Bo
Eden RC2 works without issues re this.

Macmini 2011 Server Lion 10.7.4
HDMI Onkyo Amp
Samsung Plasma
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi all,

Exactly the same problem as Lappen71!
I have a mini core2duo 2.4 Ghz (XBMC 11.0 Git 20120321-14feb09)
HDMI Connections

Everything was OK with SnowLeopard.
Since switching to 10.7.4 I have a problem with the pause and the sound.
how do i update my eden to rc2? and was does rc mean?
Hi rajjejosefsson,

RC is Release Candidate, and basically a beta version. Eden is now released, and you shouldn't be on anything else than ver. 11.0. I don't know why Eden RC2 works, as most people seem to believe it is an OSX problem, but "activate" is also running it on Server Lion, which may be different than Lion...

/Bo
(2012-05-12, 11:32)Lappen71 Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 05:10)phase700b Wrote: I noticed that too. I think it just started after upgrading to OS X 10.7.4. When you pause a video the sound repeats the last half second or so. http://pastebin.com/7BAGnZAa

Yes and i notice it only happened on mkv-files...not avi,xvid.

I have it as well and with me it happens with both mkv and iso. It also occurs when fast-forwarding and is absolutely dreadful. I run a 2012 Mini with the latest OSX.
I think we should expect a fix.
But is it a problem XBMC or Apple?
Until a fix comes along this is the rc2 if anyone wants to try it.

Update: Dont bother. It seems its only the live streams that are not having the issue. The in house videos are having audio stutters.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange sound when movie is paused1