• 6(current)
The "A6-Pack" Build
(2012-05-07, 21:03)CpTHOOK Wrote: He prolly hit the back-slash key(" \ ") which allows you to toggle between the full-screen modes Eskro is referring to! NOOB mistake, I do it very often!

Ugh! I've been wondering what the hell was causing that! So nice that I can quickly undo it now when I do it!
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2012-05-07, 23:27)Mick1152 Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 21:03)CpTHOOK Wrote: He prolly hit the back-slash key(" \ ") which allows you to toggle between the full-screen modes Eskro is referring to! NOOB mistake, I do it very often!

Ugh! I've been wondering what the hell was causing that! So nice that I can quickly undo it now when I do it!

That is the one lol lol..... it can be disabled if you dont like it too..... in the keyboard.xml settings..... i done it!
(2012-05-07, 23:30)Beer40oz Wrote: That is the one lol lol..... it can be disabled if you dont like it too..... in the keyboard.xml settings..... i done it!

Done! Thanks guys!
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

That's the Display Mode key, and you can manually change it in settings/system/video output. I mentioned it in post #69......

The "Windowed" mode is a great option for setting up XBMC for the first time, because it's quicker to get in and out of XBMC window.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-01, 17:49)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 17:48)eskro Wrote: use your official TV remote,
and play with the aspect ration options...

on my SAMSUNG TV, i had to choose FiT SCREEN,

on other TV's like LG, i think its SCAN or JUST SCAN....

what this does is it magically makes the HTPC image fit perfectly corner to corner Smile

Just Scan for me.... scans exactly what your output is.... so basically a true 1080x1920 ..... i had the trouble when my image (menu) did not fit right..... I thought it was my HTPC... but no its the tv......

Still having issues with the scan rates and my Plasma. Getting a white line on the left side and top of the screen after a few minutes of viewing.

I think I need to have the resolution set to 1920x1280 (or maybe it's 1920x1080, can't recall) to be able to use the "Just Scan" option in my older Samsung plasma as it's otherwise blacked out with any other resolution. But when I switch to that resolution in Windows and in XBMC, the picture doesn't fill the whole screen. I.e., I'm about 1" or so from the top/bottom/sides even after selecting "Just Scan". Will have to keep fiddling with it. I have the same issue on occasion when watching HD on my cable box, but using Just Scan and repositioning the image a click or two fixes it. But for some reason I can't get it to work with the HTPC. Hmmm...

(2012-05-07, 23:27)Mick1152 Wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one! Smile
Beer - while I'm waiting for it to come in the mail, how does one setup the ipazzport to start from an off position?
(2012-05-09, 01:58)Sdpbc Wrote: Beer - while I'm waiting for it to come in the mail, how does one setup the ipazzport to start from an off position?

Mmmm bios .....

Looks simple enough! Now where's that damn keyboard!
So still having screen resolution issues. My Plasma is from 2009, but is 1080p/i capable. If I set the computer resolution to the recommended 1920x1080, and use 16:0 or Just Scan on my Samsung, I end up with about 1" of unused monitor space at the sides and bottom of the screen. I have to select "Wide" on my TV which I don't want to do as it should be a standard resolution.

Same thing if I select a 720p resolution.

The only way I get it to fill the screen is if I select a 4:3 resolution such as 1280x1024.

Any ideas if there is anything I can do?
wow thats weird to me....

did u reset your overscan settings back to default within ATI CONTROL PANEL?
(2012-05-12, 19:06)Sdpbc Wrote: So still having screen resolution issues. My Plasma is from 2009, but is 1080p/i capable. If I set the computer resolution to the recommended 1920x1080, and use 16:0 or Just Scan on my Samsung, I end up with about 1" of unused monitor space at the sides and bottom of the screen. I have to select "Wide" on my TV which I don't want to do as it should be a standard resolution.

Same thing if I select a 720p resolution.

The only way I get it to fill the screen is if I select a 4:3 resolution such as 1280x1024.

Any ideas if there is anything I can do?
AMD CCC scaling option as shown below is your best option for older HDTV......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
^^^^

Awesome Blu, that did the trick!
(2012-05-12, 23:34)Sdpbc Wrote: ^^^^

Awesome Blu, that did the trick!

isnt that what i just told u to do?
Didn't see your post when I first logged in here, and the pic was perfect. In any event, added rep points to both of you for that one as it was driving me nuts.
All good Sdpbc, FTW!!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The "A6-Pack" Build0