• 9(current)
Yet Another Confluence Mod
(2012-05-13, 11:27)Mrmills Wrote: look nice!!
btw i just lost my movie library.. files mode still works, tried to rescan library and xbmc did download the info but nothing shows up in the library.. the suggested widgets still work.. any idea?

Ouch!! The widgets probably have not updated because there is no library, and have retained old data, if this is the case they'll be blank if you restart XBMC.

If I've got room I try to keep my userdata directory backed up on my server, as I'm continually re-installing while testing out anything I've written, this has saved me more than once.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2012-05-13, 11:40)wilson.joe Wrote: I'm liking that view. It would also look great to have one like that with cd cases Wink

EDIT:
by the way thats a good movie.. hehe

Yep, will do music, once finished with movies - I also enjoyed that movie Smile

(2012-05-13, 11:44)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 11:27)Mrmills Wrote: look nice!!
btw i just lost my movie library.. files mode still works, tried to rescan library and xbmc did download the info but nothing shows up in the library.. the suggested widgets still work.. any idea?

Ouch!! The widgets probably have not updated because there is no library, and have retained old data, if this is the case they'll be blank if you restart XBMC.

If I've got room I try to keep my userdata directory backed up on my server, as I'm continually re-installing while testing out anything I've written, this has saved me more than once.

doing a backup as i write this, movies and tv-show are back did a reinstall of xbmc.
now just curious how it happened didnt change anything..
(2012-05-12, 19:07)Mudislander Wrote: Edit found a problem with Music Addon - cut n paste error. You can try fix your version if you want. In the file "CustomMenuAddon.xml" line 286 reads
Code:
<onclick>Skin.SetString($INFO[Window(home).Property(UsrSelectBtn)]Action,<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Addons,return)</onclick>)</onclick>
It should be
Code:
<onclick>Skin.SetString($INFO[Window(home).Property(UsrSelectBtn)]Action,ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Addons,return))</onclick>

Alas that doesn't appear to have worked - it is the file in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence.lite.mode/720p/CustomMenuAddon.xml I should be editing or does XBMC cache the in use ones elsewhere? Have tried readding to the menu bar too - just in case the commands were applied then stored.
(2012-05-13, 12:48)kevjs1982 Wrote: Alas that doesn't appear to have worked - it is the file in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence.lite.mode/720p/CustomMenuAddon.xml I should be editing or does XBMC cache the in use ones elsewhere? Have tried readding to the menu bar too - just in case the commands were applied then stored.

That sounds like the correct directory, I'm on Openelec now, which is slightly different. You'll need to restart XBMC after that edit, so that the skin gets reloaded. I'll go over the code again for you and see if I can find anything else. One annoying thing that does happen is when you use the addon shortcut to go to the addons folder, XBMC remembers where you were in the library and then when you go into the library for "music" it takes you back to the addons folder
Anyone got a preference for a watched symbol colour ? For this view I've made them a little bigger and yellow (ATM) I've not tried them out on my main machine and TV, but on the laptop I can still see it from the otherside of the room (Maybe too bright now ?) Will also put in an option for watched banners as I quite like those.

Don't worry about the other symbols, just for "sets" and "subtitle language", they're turned on permanently while I'm doing the code.

(2012-05-13, 13:00)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 12:48)kevjs1982 Wrote: Alas that doesn't appear to have worked - it is the file in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence.lite.mode/720p/CustomMenuAddon.xml I should be editing or does XBMC cache the in use ones elsewhere? Have tried readding to the menu bar too - just in case the commands were applied then stored.

That sounds like the correct directory, I'm on Openelec now, which is slightly different. You'll need to restart XBMC after that edit, so that the skin gets reloaded. I'll go over the code again for you and see if I can find anything else. One annoying thing that does happen is when you use the addon shortcut to go to the addons folder, XBMC remembers where you were in the library and then when you go into the library for "music" it takes you back to the addons folder

Ah, that's exactly what is happening - hadn't spotted it was sticking in Library mode now!
(2012-05-13, 13:00)Mudislander Wrote: Don't worry about the other symbols, just for "sets" and "subtitle language", they're turned on permanently while I'm doing the code.

Subtitle language indicator, eh? Lovely! Nod

Does it show the language of external and internal subs?

About the "watched" indicator: is it possible to fade-out watched items so unwatched ones stand out more?
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
(2012-05-13, 14:13)minimoe Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 13:00)Mudislander Wrote: Don't worry about the other symbols, just for "sets" and "subtitle language", they're turned on permanently while I'm doing the code.

Subtitle language indicator, eh? Lovely! Nod

Does it show the language of external and internal subs?

About the "watched" indicator: is it possible to fade-out watched items so unwatched ones stand out more?

Subtitle support is very limited, I can only get what XBMC claims to be the available subtitle - which would be the first internal one.

The suggestion "is it possible to fade-out watched items so unwatched ones stand out more?", now there's a cool idea. I've never heard of, have you seen any skins using it?

(2012-05-13, 14:48)Mudislander Wrote: The suggestion "is it possible to fade-out watched items so unwatched ones stand out more?", now there's a cool idea. I've never heard of, have you seen any skins using it?

I think in Transparency and Aeon wall views the selected video stands out and the rest of the wall is faded. Perhaps it can be modified to do what I suggested.
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
could the watched symbol be a dvd case in semitransparent, would that not make the watched cover darker/faded out? ?
Now theres a good idea..

(2012-05-13, 15:55)Mrmills Wrote: could the watched symbol be a dvd case in semitransparent, would that not make the watched cover darker/faded out? ?

edit: yellow works fine for me.
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

(2012-05-13, 15:55)Mrmills Wrote: could the watched symbol be a dvd case in semitransparent, would that not make the watched cover darker/faded out? ?

I'll try Smile

Edit How's this for a first attempt at darker thumb's if watched

maybe the unwatched/partial watched symbols can be removed but leave the yellow tick for watched - stands out on the darker watched case

It looks Nice.. Not to crazy about the yellow tick, could the color be the same as the colortheme chosen?
edit:the tick looks better on the tv than on tapatalk on the phone
(2012-05-13, 20:01)Mrmills Wrote: It looks Nice.. Not to crazy about the yellow tick, could the color be the same as the colortheme chosen?

Selecting colour by theme would be possible, I don't have Jezz's unpacked image sources and also if you changed them then the mod would always have to have it's own themes. it would be possible to put a theme path inside the textures file, but this would be a hack type approach (not that I haven't done that a couple of times already) Everytime your system has to run around searching for files that are not where it expects them to be, it's not doing something else and eventually you do notice it.

Will think about it though, have you any other colour suggestions or do you prefer the default ?

Below a test screenie without DVD Cases

i would prefer a white tick
and must say i like the wall without the cases a bit more, well its 50/50 but if you were to do the same view for music ill prefer the covers without cases..
but either way this mod is turning out great Smile
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yet Another Confluence Mod4