[BUG] DialogSelect name/ID not working
Bug 
While trying to hide something if the select dialog was visible I stumbled upon this bug - using it's name (selectdialog) or ID (12000/2000) in a condition doesn't work.

The only way to use it at the moment is by using it's actual file name - DialogSelect.xml.

Thanks.

PS. There may well be other dialogs that don't work if there's an easier way of checking.
Weird, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, other than if the id reported by the dialog was wrong, which it doesn't appear to be.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

not having actually tested this but a possible reason is sometimes when you make an error in the skin and do a skin reload to check you changes it can fudge up stuff even after you fix it and reload the skin again.

I don't know about you but I've made errors that result in the file lists all being populated in numbers instead of proper names and windows like Player controls not vanishing from the screen so this might be the issue or part of it ?
This is weird, trying it elsewhere works (name/ID) but in DialogVideoInfo only DialogSelect.xml does. Confused
How do you get the select dialog up while in dialogvideoinfo? If you provide some code to reproduce I'm happy to look at it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Click on an actor and it will show.
(2012-05-15, 23:55)jmarshall Wrote: How do you get the select dialog up while in dialogvideoinfo? If you provide some code to reproduce I'm happy to look at it.

I'm using it to get 'Landscape' and 'Banner' images so it gets loaded by the Artwork Downloader addon; could that be the reason?
Don't know if this is case with that particular addon (will check that later), but generally we can load DialogSelect.xml from python and gain more control over that dialog than just displaying list of items and picking one (f.e. making use of "get more" button in that dialog). In that case, even if DialogSelect.xml is used, window is not selectdialog/12000/2000 and You should use DialogSelect.xml.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
Thanks for getting to the bottom of the problem.
Just confirmed that this is indeed our "problem" here. It's not a bug - it's just how it is. Btw. I like that bug icon near topic description - it looks so harmless Image Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG] DialogSelect name/ID not working0