• 53(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
(2012-05-15, 22:37)jack0w Wrote: Hey beer quick question, is there any way you could mount a slim optical drive in you're build as it is at the moment?

Long story short it looks like my CPU cooler is about to die and am considering switching it for the one you used instead. My only concern is I plan to add an optical drive too and not sure if I can have both!

You need the bracket.... the shuriken 2100 you should have room but you need to cut the bracket a bit.... like I did before. Or mod somehow....

(2012-05-15, 23:16)Dougie Fresh Wrote: APU + picoPSU is a pretty amazing thing.

Yes it is is on top of my list... Nod
Thought I'd pop in and say thanks Beer40oz - the A6-pack gave me the nudge I needed to start building my own HTPC. Just wondering, how much of a difference does the shuriken make over the stock cooler? Have you tried undervolting? Apparently the Fusion APUs are quite generously volted from stock.
Never tried undervolting.... I don't really need to.

Some will say go with stock... I say aftermarket coolers are the way to go.

I mean you can try the stock cooler first if you don't like then change it.

It's all up to you. If you have the extra cash why not?

I am building a regular PC for a client and he is getting the BIG SHURIKEN ...... (I just don't like stock)

And I am thinking of changing out my Shuriken 1100 out from my lian li and install the BIG SHURIKEN....
And get the Shuriken 1100 in my Unraid Server....

Smile I know I love this stuff...

adruss85 nice to know this guide is helping you and other people......
Hey Beer,

I would also like to say thank you for sharing this build. I'm in the process of building it out right now! Smile One question: how did you mount the ssd? Is it just sticky velcro or something similar? Or did you somehow make use of the original PSU mounting screw holes?

~Chris
(2012-05-15, 22:37)jack0w Wrote: Hey beer quick question, is there any way you could mount a slim optical drive in you're build as it is at the moment?

Long story short it looks like my CPU cooler is about to die and am considering switching it for the one you used instead. My only concern is I plan to add an optical drive too and not sure if I can have both!

Yes you can. I have one and have a top rack in my build...I got pics around here somewhere...
(2012-05-16, 04:06)Riskey Wrote: Hey Beer,

I would also like to say thank you for sharing this build. I'm in the process of building it out right now! Smile One question: how did you mount the ssd? Is it just sticky velcro or something similar? Or did you somehow make use of the original PSU mounting screw holes?

~Chris
Check out this "post #5".......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-16, 04:06)Riskey Wrote: Hey Beer,

~Chris

Look here...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1103540

All this info is on my first post.... they are the links under the videos.....

This velcro circle works better then tape....

Because.... if you need to take it off you can!

Double sided tape you can't and have to re-apply. Cheers...
beer is your PicoPsu touching your ram and making them push close to each other. Cause my one's are. I just uploaded a pic on my thread
Nope not at all!!!!!!!!! 1/4" space left to RAM
(2012-05-16, 04:26)Beer40oz Wrote: Look here...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1103540

All this info is on my first post.... they are the links under the videos.....

This velcro circle works better then tape....

Because.... if you need to take it off you can!

Double sided tape you can't and have to re-apply. Cheers...

Oops, sorry...missed that post. So how did you deal with the old psu mounting screws (they keep it from sitting flush). Did you just put a Velcro dot on each of the screw pegs?
(2012-05-16, 05:33)Riskey Wrote: Oops, sorry...missed that post. So how did you deal with the old psu mounting screws (they keep it from sitting flush). Did you just put a Velcro dot on each of the screw pegs?

Oh..... no them GOLD mounting screws come off.....

Unscrew them.... grab some pliers... and twist... Big Grin
(2012-05-16, 05:36)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 05:33)Riskey Wrote: Oops, sorry...missed that post. So how did you deal with the old psu mounting screws (they keep it from sitting flush). Did you just put a Velcro dot on each of the screw pegs?

Lol that's what i did. At first i was thinking how did beer get this off then i just got some pliers and that did the job.
beer did you update your windows at all when you installed the os windows 7 at all. Cause am thinking if i should update or not
i did update to SP1.
(2012-05-16, 05:46)MrKay Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 05:36)Beer40oz Wrote:

Lol that's what i did. At first i was thinking how did beer get this off then i just got some pliers and that did the job.
beer did you update your windows at all when you installed the os windows 7 at all. Cause am thinking if i should update or not

Ha! Sweet, that was easy. Didn't realize those things just screwed off. And I was just about to make a mounting plate out of plastic Smile
(2012-05-16, 06:04)eskro Wrote: i did update to SP1.

Should i do this eskro since i will be using my htpc for surfing as well as htpc use. But once i hit the update. There is so many updates i will do right. Or should i just update the important ones

(2012-05-16, 06:07)Riskey Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 05:46)MrKay Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 05:36)Beer40oz Wrote: Oh..... no them GOLD mounting screws come off.....

Ha! Sweet, that was easy. Didn't realize those things just screwed off. And I was just about to make a mounting plate out of plastic Smile

Lol
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10