• 98(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
Big_Noid, phil65, maybe you guys could help me with the following:

It seems the script.randomitems is causing an error on my XBMC. I've build an OpenELEC version with Spotify integrated, and everything runs fine. Except, at startup - and then every x minutes or so - XBMC shows 'an error occured with randomitems.py'.

I've checked; I am using the latest version of Nox 3.0 and the script.

The error in de log files shows this:
Code:
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 389, in <module>
Main()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 80, in __init__
self._fetch_album_info()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 257, in _fetch_album_info
path = 'XBMC.RunScript(' + __addonid__ + ',albumid=' + str(item['albumid']) + ')'
KeyError: ('albumid',)
I'm not an dev but I think this has something to do with my Spotify-Openelec build, maybe because the 'Albums' in my Music library are all located on Spotify (not local stored or on a NAS or something).

I guess you guys can't help with this specific error, cause you guys didn't write the script, but: is there any way to block these popups? Because everything works fine, and I can't remove the script because then several 'Featured' widgets won't work Wink
Not truly a bug but a missing feature I think :

when a TVshow is playing, press "i" give you the "info panel" and the tag line (i.e. the name of the TVshow, just under the episode title) is coloured. That's perfect. But if you press "paused" the same tag line is white. I believe it should also be coloured.

Thanks again, I tried few other skins but I'm still going back to Nox. really n impressive job with this 3.0.
(2012-05-15, 21:05)Big_Noid Wrote: Thats information from the next aired script. If all shows are canceled it means the next aired script is not working. You can either turn it off in the skin settings or rebuild the next aired db in the add-on settings.

Thanks, works like a charm. Smile
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2012-05-15, 16:29)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-15, 15:24)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Apologies for asking this question again.

In the Bigfan viewtype, you can select Thumb, Landscape and Clearart but not Logo any longer. It was a great viewtype to show off fanart and neatly display movie logos along the bottom.

Is this a permanent change? If so could you point me in the right direction to mod it so I can include logos for that view?

Also is it possible to edit the xml file so that I can increase the number of movie titles that have the New label overlay superimposed from the default?

1) re-added the logo option.
2) no, not possible. xbmc limitation.

Many thanks Phil
(2012-05-15, 21:56)mikkelnl Wrote: Big_Noid, phil65, maybe you guys could help me with the following:

It seems the script.randomitems is causing an error on my XBMC. I've build an OpenELEC version with Spotify integrated, and everything runs fine. Except, at startup - and then every x minutes or so - XBMC shows 'an error occured with randomitems.py'.

Code:
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 389, in <module>
Main()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 80, in __init__
self._fetch_album_info()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 257, in _fetch_album_info
path = 'XBMC.RunScript(' + __addonid__ + ',albumid=' + str(item['albumid']) + ')'
I'm not an dev but I think this has something to do with my Spotify-Openelec build, maybe because the 'Albums' in my Music library are all located on Spotify (not local stored or on a NAS or something).

I guess you guys can't help with this specific error, cause you guys didn't write the script, but: is there any way to block these popups? Because everything works fine, and I can't remove the script because then several 'Featured' widgets won't work Wink

you could remove the alarm parameter from the script call in startup.xml (lin 6)
random items won´t be renewed every hour then though.

(2012-05-16, 04:26)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2012-05-15, 16:29)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-15, 15:24)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Apologies for asking this question again.

In the Bigfan viewtype, you can select Thumb, Landscape and Clearart but not Logo any longer. It was a great viewtype to show off fanart and neatly display movie logos along the bottom.

Is this a permanent change? If so could you point me in the right direction to mod it so I can include logos for that view?

Also is it possible to edit the xml file so that I can increase the number of movie titles that have the New label overlay superimposed from the default?

1) re-added the logo option.
2) no, not possible. xbmc limitation.

Many thanks Phil

no problem. i also think that this option makes more sense than clearart.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Not bugs - but potentially intuitive key functionality enhancements?

1) When you press DOWN to get to a sub-menu, pressing BACK doesn't do anything, the only way "back" is to press UP. Seems like it would make sense to get back to the Main Menu by pressing BACK.
2) When using an option from the QuickNav function (very cool item BTW) - Movies, TV Shows, Video Addons for example - I noticed you have to press BACK several times and navigate back through the various "Files" menus to get back to the Main Menu. Seems like it would make more sense to be able to jump back to the Main Menu when you press BACK.

And a question: I've setup smart Playlists to segregate my Movies & TV Shows assigning them to Sub-Menu CUSTOM items (Parents, Kids, Documentaries etc.) but would like those "CUSTOM" sub-menu items to display when you press the Down Arrow Key (and the other "standard" sub-menu items like Trailers, Genres, Years, Actors, Update etc. to be available when you scroll to them). I know you can set the "custom startup focus" for the Main Menu - but is there a way to force which default sub-menu item shows up when you press the down arrow?

(2012-05-16, 04:55)puulima Wrote: Not bugs - but potentially intuitive key functionality enhancements?

1) When you press DOWN to get to a sub-menu, pressing BACK doesn't do anything, the only way "back" is to press UP. Seems like it would make sense to get back to the Main Menu by pressing BACK.
2) When using an option from the QuickNav function (very cool item BTW) - Movies, TV Shows, Video Addons for example - I noticed you have to press BACK several times and navigate back through the various "Files" menus to get back to the Main Menu. Seems like it would make more sense to be able to jump back to the Main Menu when you press BACK.

And a question: I've setup smart Playlists to segregate my Movies & TV Shows assigning them to Sub-Menu CUSTOM items (Parents, Kids, Documentaries etc.) but would like those "CUSTOM" sub-menu items to display when you press the Down Arrow Key (and the other "standard" sub-menu items like Trailers, Genres, Years, Actors, Update etc. to be available when you scroll to them). I know you can set the "custom startup focus" for the Main Menu - but is there a way to force which default sub-menu item shows up when you press the down arrow?

1) added, good idea.
2) will look at it, but not sure if it is possible in the ideal way.
Answer to question: no, not possible without adjusting code.

2) should be fixed now, too.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-05-16, 05:09)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 04:55)puulima Wrote: Not bugs - but potentially intuitive key functionality enhancements?

1) added, good idea.
2) will look at it, but not sure if it is possible in the ideal way.

2) should be fixed now, too.

Great - tested and makes navigation a much more smooth experience.

(2012-05-16, 05:09)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 04:55)puulima Wrote: And a question: I've setup smart Playlists to segregate my Movies & TV Shows assigning them to Sub-Menu CUSTOM items (Parents, Kids, Documentaries etc.) but would like those "CUSTOM" sub-menu items to display when you press the Down Arrow Key (and the other "standard" sub-menu items like Trailers, Genres, Years, Actors, Update etc. to be available when you scroll to them). I know you can set the "custom startup focus" for the Main Menu - but is there a way to force which default sub-menu item shows up when you press the down arrow?

Answer to question: no, not possible without adjusting code.

So you mean something I could potentially mod on my end - specific to my needs - or do you mean some sort of major modification that's more involved? If something I can do - can you point me to the appropriate file.

A potential alternative? If I setup NEW Main Menu Items for Movies and TV (using CUSTOM menu items - and add my sub-groups as Custom sub-menu items - I know I can add Trailers pretty easily as another Custom sub-menu item (video addon) - but is there a way to ADD the other items like: Years, Actors, Genres, Update as Custom sub-menu items there? That way I could organize all the custom sub-menu items in the order I'd like to have them appear when you press the DOWN key.

Or any other creative out of the box thinking?

Hey - even my wife loves this skin now...she has never commented on the XBMC skin before...but she's liking the way A.N. "moves" Wink
problem would be that you would only have 5 submenu items per main menu item if i´m not mistaken.
apart from that it would work with type=custom (almost everything is possible with that type)
another thing you could try:
add
Code:
<ondown condition="Container(9000).HasFocus(10)">Control.SetFocus(9010,x)</ondown>
to line 1440 in includes_mainmenu.xml (with x the amount of positions you want to move)

EDIT: doesn´t seem to work.

try moving line 1620:

Code:
<include>CustomSubsMovies</include>

in the same file 2 lines up .
(2012-05-13, 21:41)Rastan Wrote: I hope I am posting this in the right place. This is concerning Nox and PseudoTV. I saw it mentioned a few days ago, but never saw a reply. I also have searched but could not find an answer.
In the latest Nox 3.0 the EPG is messed up. The highlight to seperate programs is missing.

+1
How long to wait for the final? Days, weeks or months? Smile can't wait.

RC looks very good
Couple of things, sorry if duplicated

Is it possible to implement an In Progress widget for tv shows?

Is a Collection overlay in the pipeline for movie sets?

I'm not sure if I missed it, but where is the infamous Traktv integration? I.e watchlist, totally ninja overlays etc. all i can see is the standalone app clumsily delivering bespoke functionality.

To finish, amazing skin!

(2012-05-16, 09:51)g.scholtens Wrote: How long to wait for the final? Days, weeks or months? Smile can't wait.

RC looks very good
Not long, more days then weeks. Depends on how many bugs we need to fix.
(2012-05-16, 09:53)muzzakus Wrote: Couple of things, sorry if duplicated

Is it possible to implement an In Progress widget for tv shows?

Is a Collection overlay in the pipeline for movie sets?

I'm not sure if I missed it, but where is the infamous Traktv integration? I.e watchlist, totally ninja overlays etc. all i can see is the standalone app clumsily delivering bespoke functionality.

To finish, amazing skin!
The recommended widget shows next to new episodes also in progress episodes, but if you want only in progress episodes, make a smart playlist for that, assign it to main menu and enable a playlist widget for that (needs randomandlastitems script)
There was never trakt integration in main library. Trakt utilities has windows that are skinned in style of the skin.
Trakt integration is still an open issue on github. It needs script support for that.

(2012-05-16, 06:31)RockDawg Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 21:41)Rastan Wrote: I hope I am posting this in the right place. This is concerning Nox and PseudoTV. I saw it mentioned a few days ago, but never saw a reply. I also have searched but could not find an answer.
In the latest Nox 3.0 the EPG is messed up. The highlight to seperate programs is missing.

+1
This was fixed 2 days ago.
(2012-05-16, 04:44)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-15, 21:56)mikkelnl Wrote: Big_Noid, phil65, maybe you guys could help me with the following:

Code:
Main()
self._fetch_album_info()

you could remove the alarm parameter from the script call in startup.xml (lin 6)
random items won´t be renewed every hour then though
Thanks for the tip.

I tried this; is it correct that this does not remove the initial error popup at startup? Is it even possible to avoid popups in general?
Not on skin level, that should be fixed, if at all possible, in the script.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07