• 55(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
(2012-05-15, 23:39)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-05-15, 22:37)jack0w Wrote: Hey beer quick question, is there any way you could mount a slim optical drive in you're build as it is at the moment?

Long story short it looks like my CPU cooler is about to die and am considering switching it for the one you used instead. My only concern is I plan to add an optical drive too and not sure if I can have both!

You need the bracket.... the shuriken 2100 you should have room but you need to cut the bracket a bit.... like I did before. Or mod somehow....

Cheers for the reply Beer. Have to admit love the tidy look in your videos!! Cool

Seriously considering going the same route as you now - remove fan cage and install a Shuriken 2100 Wink

Have spotted this external drive which looks just the ticket, reviews suggest its pretty quiet too... plus its powered by 2 USB connectors which would be ideal for my setup - already have plenty of plugs!!
jack0w cheers!

Why not.... you will have a beast!

External is fine! I would do the same! but I don't need it.... got my Lian Li to do all that!!!!
Its pretty nice the Samsung SE-506AB External USB 2.0 Slimline 6x Blue-ray Writer and 8X DVD Writer - Black

It's small Smile love it....
After building my htpc. Am having a very bad time. havent even watched a movie yet. Well i cant seem to get 5.1 to work in xbmc.The way i have it setup up is by using the hdmi from the htpc to hdtv and the optical output from computer to optical input of receiver. Receiver is both DTS and Dolby Digital capable. Please can anyone help me this thing is driving crazy. My laptop using toslink gives me 5.1 but my htpc cant
I just don't know how but after deleting the asrock realtek audio now it works and i can see the spdif in audio manger and it freaking works. I installed quite a few realtek drivers so don't know what one worked cause its not showing in my uninstall programs. Now i just need to find a way to save this so i can restore at this time. At lest i can watch a movie in 5.1
try speccy http://www.piriform.com/speccy/screenshots

it may tell u which realtek driver version u have
(2012-05-17, 00:21)eskro Wrote: try speccy http://www.piriform.com/speccy/screenshots

it may tell u which realtek driver version u have

Awesome eskro will try it now thanks a lot
(2012-05-17, 00:09)MrKay Wrote: Now i just need to find a way to save this so i can restore at this time. At lest i can watch a movie in 5.1
Usually AMD driver should work by itself .....but some users need Realtek HD audio codecs to be able to bitstream. If it work with AMD driver, you don't need Realtek. I'm glad that you got it to work......

To create a restore point, you can do as following:

1. Click "Start" at bottom left corner
2. Type in the search box "create a restore point", and when it pop up on the top, you can click on it
3. Under System Protection, click "Create"
4. Enter restore point name......I usually enter "working audio_5-16-12".........

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Looks like the problem didn't go. I have been at it all day trying to fix this problem. now i can see in control panel under sound digital audio (S/PDIF) now when i enable it and do a test some time it works and after a few minutes the sound is gone again. Even after a restart the problem does not go away. I just dont know what to do anymore. Do you think i need a new motherboard

MrKay

Now that you have a little more knowledge... re-install windows.... format the drive correctly and start over..... AHCI in bios before you install windows.....

Trying makes perfect!
Yeah am just gonna do it again beer i did install windows in AHCI. beer what drivers do i need to get it to work any idea. Should i just install all in 1 and ccc driver only
(2012-05-17, 08:17)MrKay Wrote: Yeah am just gonna do it again beer i did install windows in AHCI. beer what drivers do i need to get it to work any idea. Should i just install all in 1 and ccc driver only

So let me get this straight are you just using HDMI for audio? if so yes.....
No am using the optical out for 5.1 sound. The optical goes from the computer to optical in the receiver
beer am nearly finishing my windows install first gonna install AMD all in 1 driver ver:8.86RC2 then gonna install Catalyst Software Suite 153.5 MB 12.4 or should i not install Catalyst Software Suite 153.5 MB 12.4
It would be a P.I.T.A to have to reload your system.
Have you checked the Device Manager for any potential problems?
May be a long shot, did you turn of the Media Features?

*edit - I see I'm to late to stop you .......
Nope did not turn off media features. To be honest don't know what that is. Just installed windows 7 64bit the 6 time from a secure erase. Installed AMD all in 1 driver ver:8.86RC2 and Catalyst Software Suite 153.5 MB 12.4 Now when i go to hardware and sound then inside sound in playback tab i see Digital Audio (S/PDIF) but when i right click and test equalizer moves but no sound
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10