• 105(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
(2012-05-19, 05:46)Shinu Wrote: ok. so i downloaded the latest version of the skin off of GIT (haven't updated in weeks) only to realize that the skin freezes completely at the initial loading popup at the start. before the popup would get stuck, but i could bypass it by simply pressing escape. now it just keeps spinning indefinitely no matter what. i can still hear the cursor moving in the background though. any suggestions?

post the debug log.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
ok....

http://pastebin.com/Qjg5c9rK

i left it on for around 5 minutes when this poped up....

i dunno if u remember, but i got that same pop up somewhere else (can't exactly remember where Confused), but it seems to be related to the Metadata actors script. i temporarily removed the script and i was able to press escape to bypass the loading screen. maybe u can see why its happening to begin with.
Okay so I am having a strange issue tonight. I did a recen git pull, and now none of my backdrops are showing on the home screen. I am getting them when i enter the movies, music, or tv sections, just not the homescreen. Log is at...

http://pastebin.com/K89XaGLV

Any Ideas?

Thanks!
(2012-05-19, 06:32)win88ice2004 Wrote: Okay so I am having a strange issue tonight. I did a recen git pull, and now none of my backdrops are showing on the home screen. I am getting them when i enter the movies, music, or tv sections, just not the homescreen. Log is at...

http://pastebin.com/K89XaGLV

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

tried resetting guisettings.xml?
(2012-05-19, 06:24)Shinu Wrote: ok....

http://pastebin.com/Qjg5c9rK

i left it on for around 5 minutes when this poped up....

i dunno if u remember, but i got that same pop up somewhere else (can't exactly remember where Confused), but it seems to be related to the Metadata actors script. i temporarily removed the script and i was able to press escape to bypass the loading screen. maybe u can see why its happening to begin with.

never happened for me...probably something wrong in your setup. can´t help with that.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Worked like a charm....thanks Phil! Question tho, is the only way to reset this to delete the guisettings? Obviously this defaulted me back to the beginning of time and I had to set it up the way I like it again. Is there a way around this? And any ideas why this happened in the first place? Something I did wrong? Thanks again!
(2012-05-19, 07:36)win88ice2004 Wrote: Worked like a charm....thanks Phil! Question tho, is the only way to reset this to delete the guisettings? Obviously this defaulted me back to the beginning of time and I had to set it up the way I like it again. Is there a way around this? And any ideas why this happened in the first place? Something I did wrong? Thanks again!

we changed a lot concerning backgrounds in the last week, that´s probably the reason.
(2012-05-19, 02:55)Death-Axe Wrote: Hi, about low list and the top most item not starting at the top of where the list begins (hard to explain it, but in 2.0 the top item in low list is positioned at the top of where the list goes to its highest?)

I can screen shot it if needed?

Not sure if it really is a design choice or a bug, I would say bug as it doesn't look right.

Everything else is great, be nice if the posters in posters view could be made smaller like in the old strip show view, but I guess it's too late now :-P

The colours bit is great, and being able to make the home menu smaller is perfect. Love the new widgets, icon bars especially. Be nice if the icon bar label could be turned off though to keep it clean.

Not really a design choice, but the only way to fix the wrong page scrolling that was the case in 2.0. Scrolling down missed a few items in 2.0 in lowlist.
Icon panel labels are not intrusive enough to justify an option imo. You can always delete these lines in your local copy if it really bothers you.
Small shift view has smaller posters en comes close to stripshow view Big Grin
Installed the skin and it is all that one would hope for. And more!

Some issues (assuming these are skin-related since I didn't have them when using other skins):
1. When watching a movie, if you pause and then resume, sometimes only the audio resumes, while the screen is stuck on the pause menu.
2. Every time I shut down, it asks me for a confirmation. While this is fine, is there a setting to disable this confirmation screen?
3. Sometimes, when adding sources (external hard disks), the screen freezes and becomes non-responsive, requiring me to unplug and restart.

Am using OpenElec 1.95.3
(2012-05-19, 09:22)Rishi Wrote: Installed the skin and it is all that one would hope for. And more!

Some issues (assuming these are skin-related since I didn't have them when using other skins):
1. When watching a movie, if you pause and then resume, sometimes only the audio resumes, while the screen is stuck on the pause menu.
2. Every time I shut down, it asks me for a confirmation. While this is fine, is there a setting to disable this confirmation screen?
3. Sometimes, when adding sources (external hard disks), the screen freezes and becomes non-responsive, requiring me to unplug and restart.

Am using OpenElec 1.95.3

1 + 3 are not skin issues imo.
The shutdown dialog is not optional, because there are other ways to quickly shutdown if needed, ie through shutdown menu. its already focused on yes so it really requires one extra click, which is not so bad.
Is this a bug? Made a smart-playlist with unwatched episodes, set it as a cutom main menu item, selected the 'latest episodes vpl' widget. On the widget, the four episodes (panel mode) display:

Example:

Grimm
s01e22 - 1x22. Woman in Black

This only happens on the VPL widget, on the 'regular' TV SERIES main menu, with the 'latest episodes' widget it shows:

Grimm
s01e22 - Woman in Black

Must be script/json related. We just show the episode title from the randomandlastitems script.
(2012-05-19, 10:46)Big_Noid Wrote: Must be script/json related. We just show the episode title from the randomandlastitems script.
OK, but is it just my setup, or does anyone else experience this? I just downloaded the most recent version of script.randomandlastitems (version 1.2.2).
It's the way XBMC returns the results. This must be changed in the script to use a different label IIRC
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-05-19, 10:53)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2012-05-19, 10:46)Big_Noid Wrote: Must be script/json related. We just show the episode title from the randomandlastitems script.
OK, but is it just my setup, or does anyone else experience this? I just downloaded the most recent version of script.randomandlastitems (version 1.2.2).

no you're not the only one this happens to. i get the exact problem. weird that this happens to no-one else.

Regular TV Show widget...

VPL widget....

^^
Exactly what happens to me Wink But maybe the script will be updated soon Smile
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07