• 52(current)
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
Just want to say a big thanks to everyone here especially dteirney and tsp42 for your hard work. I managed to get it all working as well as it is supposed to. Thanks to KeithLM too for getting me over the last hurdle. I have learnt a bit in trying to get this done so if anyone is having trouble setting it up feel free to send me a message and I'll help you if I can. Does anybody know when the next windows build will be released? I was looking at compiling it myself but building the dependencies in Windows looks quite daunting. If anyone would like to give me some directions beyond the cloning part I would be happy to do it myself. Otherwise I'll wait. Thanks again to all of you!
I've got a good build now, and still the add-on won't start. Anyone have any ideas why? All I get is that an unknown error has occurred.
I had the same issue when I cloned straight from the Eden-pvr branch. I don't know why. I then decided to follow what other people had done previously on this thread ie.

git clone https://github.com/tsp/xbmc.git
cd xbmc
git checkout Eden-pvr

and then ./bootstrap etc

That worked for me. I hope this helps.
Well I created a whole new directory and started from scratch, and I get the same result. And so far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing of interest in the log file.

Which add-ons need to be enabled? I end up with two Myth add-ons, and by default they are both enabled. I've tried with only the cmyth add-on, and I've tried with both, and no matter what I always get that damn pop-up that says an unknown error occurred.

I guess I'll try and get a windows myth frontend running so I can try this on a different machine and make sure that the upgrades on the server with the backend to either Ubuntu 12.04 or myth 0.25 didn't jack something else up in the settings. Maybe the ports are blocked somehow. Wouldn't be the first time Ubuntu screwed up settings during an upgrade.
I did a git pull to the latest version last night but I am still getting lockups when I change channel. Is there a way to disable time shift for now?

ps when will the windows version be updated as it is still the pre 12 version which is causing me sql db issues.
(2012-05-19, 14:15)tsp42 Wrote: Sorry for the confusion about the two Eden-P/pvr branches. The Eden-pvr branch is the correct one. The other one was created because windows is case-insensive while github is not. So I was able to git checkout Eden-Pvr locally even if the branch didn't exist and when I pushed it upstreams github decided to create a new branch. The tricky part is to delete the extra github branch without deleting my local Eden-pvr branch.

'git push origin :Eden-Pvr' should remove the remote branch without touching your local copy (http://gitready.com/beginner/2009/02/02/...nches.html).

(no warranty! ;-))
I've made some progress in reconnecting control and mysql connections after they have been disconnected. I will push my changes to my fork after some more testing.

In the meantime I've re-installed my server running MythTV backend meaning I'm now also running 0.25... well in fact, 0.25 has some serious IPTV bugs, so I'm running a 'special' fixes/0.25+rtp version, which is basically 0.25 with fixes RTP/UDP IPTV recording.
I notice that during start-up libcmyth receives RECORDING_LIST_CHANGE UPDATE more than 350 times resulting in equal number of updates to the complete recording list. As I have over 300 recordings (less than 350 though) it gives a pretty high load during startup and makes the log file grow very very fast... I rely on the log for debugging, so disabling it is not always an option. I've not observed this behavior on 0.23+fixes. Sounds familiar to anyone?

I see that libcmyth already receives a proginfo structure, but not using it yet. Are there plans to use the structure instead of updating the complete list when this message is received?
(2012-05-20, 16:18)cfetzer Wrote: 'git push origin :Eden-Pvr' should remove the remote branch without touching your local copy (http://gitready.com/beginner/2009/02/02/...nches.html).

(no warranty! ;-))
That did the trick for me, thanks. Smile
TortoiseGit still picks Eden-Pvr over Eden-pvr though... not sure how to tell TortoiseGit to forget about the former.
tsp42: Thanks for deleting the Eden-Pvr branch. I notice that dushmaniac has updated his branch upstream. Are you planning to sync those changes with your master branch soon? (those changes should include the myth 0.25 support since it has been pushed to upstream xbmc).

And is your plan for https://github.com/tsp/xbmc/tree/Eden-pvr to track dushmaniac's https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/Eden-pvr , or will you cherry pick all the pvr-related changes from dushmaniac's master to go into Eden-pvr as well?

Thanks again for your hard work on this!
(2012-05-20, 05:44)poly_boi Wrote: I had the same issue when I cloned straight from the Eden-pvr branch. I don't know why. I then decided to follow what other people had done previously on this thread ie.

git clone https://github.com/tsp/xbmc.git
cd xbmc
git checkout Eden-pvr

and then ./bootstrap etc

That worked for me. I hope this helps.

I just did this, compiled it up, and tested it against my 0.25 mythtv setup.

It works great, but it's slow in starting up recordings, seems to hang getting the initial EPG (too much debugging on large installations?), and slow to change channels.

fiveisalive: My local repo is merged with the latest upstream master but it will first be pushed when I fix the deadlock bug with channel changing. Eden-pvr is tracking opdenkamp/Eden-pvr so it should be up to date with that branch. I'm not sure why the ffmpeg version in the Eden-pvr branch differs from the mainline Eden branch.

cfetzer: Thanks that fixed it without removing Eden-pvr. Looks like your PR is close to be accepted now in xbmc PVR.

InoD: Could be done yes. I'm still using 0.24 so haven't noticed the log spam. Another option would be to only update the recording list when xbmc asks for it. This would mean users would have to click on recordings to update the list.

bilbonvidia: The windows version will soon be updated. I hope I can find the channel lockup bug. At least I can reproduce it now. I will still consider adding the Timeshift option though.

KeithLM: Have you tried installing libboost-regex-dev and libboost-filesystem-dev?

Paradox: It is not possible to disable Timeshifting currently (at least not without disabling it in the code) but I will add the option. I primarily uses Visual Studio 2010 express and Kdevelop for Linux testing.
Libcmyth MythTV addon for xbmc-pvr [source] [forum thread]
tsp42, I've done a complete build and installation of boost 1.49. I have libs for filesystem and regex now. I can build xbmc just fine now that I have those. However the add-on just doesn't run.

One thing I'm confused about is why with this build there are two myth add-ons. Are they both needed? Do they conflict with one another or are they complementary? Granted it doesn't seem to matter which I use, it still doesn't work.

And I've tried a myth frontend on my windows box and can connect to myth on my server. It's just this other ubuntu install, which is based off one of xbmcfreak's distros, that won't work. I'm following those instructions that poly_boi provided, I've done a complete, in a whole new directory, rebuild of xbmc, and still I have the exact same lack of anything happening. Just an unknown error.
Hi guys,

there are so many pages here right now... Smile

It would be cool if you could post a tutorial about how to upgrade your current XBMC installation to talk to MythTV0.25. I kind of lost track.

I currently have XBMC Eden with VDR up and running and would like to give mythtv 0.25 a try. So the question would be: How can I upgrade my current XBMC installation so that I keep all my settings but move from VDR to MythTV?

Greetz,

mastix
(2012-05-21, 03:24)KeithLM Wrote: tsp42, I've done a complete build and installation of boost 1.49. I have libs for filesystem and regex now. I can build xbmc just fine now that I have those. However the add-on just doesn't run.

One thing I'm confused about is why with this build there are two myth add-ons. Are they both needed? Do they conflict with one another or are they complementary? Granted it doesn't seem to matter which I use, it still doesn't work.

And I've tried a myth frontend on my windows box and can connect to myth on my server. It's just this other ubuntu install, which is based off one of xbmcfreak's distros, that won't work. I'm following those instructions that poly_boi provided, I've done a complete, in a whole new directory, rebuild of xbmc, and still I have the exact same lack of anything happening. Just an unknown error.

Keith,

Even though all the PVR addons say they are enabled, you must configure it before it is truly enabled. Once I configured the libcmyth add on, all the others showed up as disabled.

(2012-05-21, 15:34)kburkart Wrote: Keith,

Even though all the PVR addons say they are enabled, you must configure it before it is truly enabled. Once I configured the libcmyth add on, all the others showed up as disabled.
Well the cmyth add-on carried over its configuration and says it's enabled, even though it immediately throws the error which says it can enable it.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth8