• 53(current)
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
(2012-05-21, 15:54)KeithLM Wrote:
(2012-05-21, 15:34)kburkart Wrote: Keith,

Even though all the PVR addons say they are enabled, you must configure it before it is truly enabled. Once I configured the libcmyth add on, all the others showed up as disabled.
Well the cmyth add-on carried over its configuration and says it's enabled, even though it immediately throws the error which says it can enable it.

Did you check and make sure the database connection information is correct? I believe the addon uses mythtv as the password, this maynot jive with the password set in mythtv, I know on mine it was different.

Also what version of mythtv are you using? I installed xbmc inside of a mythbuntu 12.04.
I believe I left the password to the default, all that's an interesting question. Of course the myth frontend I put on my windows box connected right away, so I assume that used the default password. I'll try changing it tonight just to see what happens.

Here's the versions for everything myth on my backend:
Code:
libmyth-0.25-0/precise uptodate 2:0.25.0+fixes.20120410.1f5962a-0ubuntu1
libmyth-python/precise uptodate 2:0.25.0+fixes.20120410.1f5962a-0ubuntu1
libmythes-1.2-0/precise uptodate 2:1.2.2-1
libmythtv-perl/precise uptodate 2:0.25.0+fixes.20120410.1f5962a-0ubuntu1
mythes-en-au/precise uptodate 2.1-5.3ubuntu1
mythes-en-us/precise uptodate 1:3.3.0-2ubuntu3
mythtv/precise uptodate 2:0.25.0+fixes.20120410.1f5962a-0ubuntu1
mythtv-backend/precise uptodate 2:0.25.0+fixes.20120410.1f5962a-0ubuntu1
mythtv-common/precise uptodate 2:0.25.0+fixes.20120410.1f5962a-0ubuntu1
mythtv-database/precise uptodate 2:0.25.0+fixes.20120410.1f5962a-0ubuntu1
mythtv-frontend/precise uptodate 2:0.25.0+fixes.20120410.1f5962a-0ubuntu1
mythtv-transcode-utils/precise uptodate 2:0.25.0+fixes.20120410.1f5962a-0ubuntu1
mythweb/precise uptodate 2:0.25.0+fixes.20120410.1f5962a-0ubuntu1
php-mythtv/precise uptodate 2:0.25.0+fixes.20120410.1f5962a-0ubuntu1
(2012-05-20, 23:47)tsp42 Wrote: InoD: Could be done yes. I'm still using 0.24 so haven't noticed the log spam. Another option would be to only update the recording list when xbmc asks for it. This would mean users would have to click on recordings to update the list.

I get the feeling I'm getting these RECORDING_LIST_CHANGE UPDATE messages also after start-up while there is no obvious change in the recording list. It might well be that MythTV is incorrectly sending these messages.

How do you commit/push commits you've made on the master branch also to the Eden-pvr (and/or visa verse)?
(2012-05-20, 23:47)tsp42 Wrote: fiveisalive: My local repo is merged with the latest upstream master but it will first be pushed when I fix the deadlock bug with channel changing. Eden-pvr is tracking opdenkamp/Eden-pvr so it should be up to date with that branch. I'm not sure why the ffmpeg version in the Eden-pvr branch differs from the mainline Eden branch.

Thanks. In terms of ultimately getting the cmyth into the upstream project, is the plan to first get your branch merged into opdenkamp/xbmc, and then cmyth will be "carried along" into upstream when opdenkamp/xbmc is merged, or were you going to wait until opdenkamp/xbmc was merged upstream, and then submit your pull request directly to upstream xbmc?
I've decided to try this on my main XBMC machine to see if I can have any luck with it. Unfortunately I can't build because of some dependency issue. I don't have curl.h. I've run into some issue installing the following:
Code:
sudo apt-get install  libcurl4-gnutls-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libcurl4-gnutls-dev : Depends: librtmp-dev but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I've tried installing librtmp-dev but it conflicts with something else. It's just a long chain where I got some version of something that conflicts with another version that I need. Any thoughts on how I can get around this?
I have same issue as KeithLM; Checked Plugin settings, all are the same as /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt

IP: 127.0.0.1
BE Port: 6543
Username: mythtv
P/W: (same as mysql.txt)
Databse: mythconverg

Myth Version: v0.25-100-gb5b4c48 on Ubuntu 12.04;

Starting XBMC I receive "Add-On could not be loaded, an unkown error has occured"

Disabling/Re-enabling cmyth plugin crashes XBMC.

UPDATE: If I intentionally change DB password to the wrong one, the plugin fails gracefullty, if i re-enter the correct password, it crashes XBMC.

This is tail of log, after I disabled then re-enabled (crashed) the plugin. (Dont know if its really saying anything)

12:01:44 T:140402381350880 DEBUG: OnKey: 11 (0b) pressed, action is Select
12:01:44 T:140402381350880 DEBUG: PVR - ResetProperties - creating PVR add-on instance 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
12:01:44 T:140402381350880 NOTICE: PVRManager - stopping
12:01:44 T:140402058471168 ERROR: PVRManager - Process - failed to load PVR data
12:01:44 T:140402058471168 DEBUG: Thread PVR manager 140402058471168 terminating
12:01:44 T:140402066863872 DEBUG: Thread PVR add-on updater 140402066863872 terminating
12:01:44 T:140402381350880 DEBUG: PVR - Destroy - destroying PVR add-on 'unknown'
Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, and they're too big to actually view, but my xbmc.log file is reaching about 50gb is 24 hours, then filling all space on my /home partition and dying with this version. I tried turning off loglevel in advanced settings (to -1) but it didn't seem to help.
(2012-05-21, 11:27)mastix Wrote: It would be cool if you could post a tutorial about how to upgrade your current XBMC installation to talk to MythTV0.25. I kind of lost track.

I currently have XBMC Eden with VDR up and running and would like to give mythtv 0.25 a try. So the question would be: How can I upgrade my current XBMC installation so that I keep all my settings but move from VDR to MythTV?

Greetz,

mastix

Myth 0.25 support is now available with this plugin, and it should be a simple matter of getting and building tsp's source and if you use the Eden-pvr branch you will get a brand new MythTV enabled Eden version. Should work with your current settings. Lots of helpful links in the first post of this thread, take a look there and let us know how it works out for you.

/D

Hi dodoadoodoo,

I've checked out the code from the git repo and switched to the Eden-PVR branch.

Code:
root@HTPC:/usr/src/xbmc# git branch
* Eden-pvr
  master

I ran the bootstrap and the configure command:

Code:
./bootstrap
Code:
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-vaapi --enable-libbluray --enable-libcec

Everything went through smoothely... Smile

BUT, when I execute the make command:

Code:
make -j2

It crashes with this error message... and I have no idea why this is happening...

Code:
root@HTPC:/usr/src/xbmc# make -j2
CPP     /home/mastix/xbmc/xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/util/EmuFileWrapper.o
CPP     /home/mastix/xbmc/xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/emu_kernel32.o
emu_kernel32.cpp: In function ‘CXHandle* dllFindFirstFileA(LPCTSTR, LPWIN32_FIND_DATA)’:
emu_kernel32.cpp:176:34: error: ‘_P’ was not declared in this scope
emu_kernel32.cpp: In function ‘CXHandle* dllCreateFileA(LPCSTR, DWORD, DWORD, LPSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, DWORD, DWORD, HANDLE)’:
emu_kernel32.cpp:989:35: error: ‘_P’ was not declared in this scope
emu_kernel32.cpp:990:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
make[1]: *** [emu_kernel32.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/exports.a] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
AR      /home/mastix/xbmc/xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/util/exports_utils.a

Does anyone of you have a clue?
I just do "sudo make" no -j2 whats that for?
(2012-05-22, 20:19)bilbonvidia Wrote: I just do "sudo make" no -j2 whats that for?

It allows make to run parallel jobs. 2 in this case. Can at times cause issues with compiling. Try it without.
KeithLM/opteron123: The new version should produce a more useful log. Could you pastebin a new log from the new version?

InoD: I use "git checkout Eden-pvr; git cherry-pick master~0" to apply the lastest commit from the master branch to the Eden-pvr branch

fiveisalive: I will push it to opdenkamp's repo. Most likely to the new addon repo. Although the API changes will have to go into the xbmc pvr repo.

rdoac: The huge log file is probably caused by the"Include more debug information in the log" being enabled. If not could you report back what is causing the log file to be so big.

bilbonvidia: The channel changing bug should be fixed now.
Libcmyth MythTV addon for xbmc-pvr [source] [forum thread]
EDIT: This is not needed anymore. I think commit 91bfc4eaed took care of this.

I have got a pm asking me how I upgraded my boost environment on Debian Squeeze, refering to this post

Since anybody might get stuck at this point, I am posting directives to upgrade libboost* on Debian Squeeze.

First open synaptic and purge all libboost* packages. Mind you, you should keep the ones that want to remove packages, as they are installed as a dependency.
Exception on this rule:
You can (and should) remove libboost* packages that only want to remove other libboost* packages

Next do:
Code:
rm -rf /usr/include/boost                    ## just in case...

apt-get install build-essential libicu-dev mpi-default-bin mpi-default-dev -y

cd /usr/src

wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.49.0/boost_1_49_0.tar.bz2

tar --bzip2 -xf boost_1_49_0.tar.bz2 && cd boost_1_49_0

./bootstrap.sh prefix=/usr/local

echo "using mpi ;" >> tools/build/v2/user-config.jam

./b2 --prefix=/usr/local --libdir=/usr/local/lib --includedir=/usr/local/include install

Compiling takes some time, just be patient.

Enjoy!

Bas.
mastix, I posted a reply earlier, but I don't see it, so I'm not sure what happened. Anyways what you are showing there is a compile error, for some reason a variable or function can't be found by the compiler. To me, and perhaps I'm mistaken about this, there appears to be something odd about your configuration because you are running make in /usr/src/xbmc but your source is in /home/mastix/xbmc. I would run all your commands in /home/mastix/xbmc and see if that helps.

tsp42, I just did a git pull and see a number of changes for cmyth. When I get home I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Has anybody that's updated from Ubuntu 11.10 to 12.04 been able to compile this code? I'm still having trouble with libcurl4. I'm doing most of this on my nettop box running 11.10, and I'd like to try it on the machine that is running myth, but that system is running 12.04 and configure won't complete at this point.
(2012-05-22, 22:17)KeithLM Wrote: mastix, I posted a reply earlier, but I don't see it, so I'm not sure what happened. Anyways what you are showing there is a compile error, for some reason a variable or function can't be found by the compiler. To me, and perhaps I'm mistaken about this, there appears to be something odd about your configuration because you are running make in /usr/src/xbmc but your source is in /home/mastix/xbmc. I would run all your commands in /home/mastix/xbmc and see if that helps.

tsp42, I just did a git pull and see a number of changes for cmyth. When I get home I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Has anybody that's updated from Ubuntu 11.10 to 12.04 been able to compile this code? I'm still having trouble with libcurl4. I'm doing most of this on my nettop box running 11.10, and I'd like to try it on the machine that is running myth, but that system is running 12.04 and configure won't complete at this point.

I have built it on Mythbuntu 12.04. I believe there is an entry somewhere in this thread that discribes the fix for curl. It may have been as simple as going to synaptic and pulling down libcurl-dev, sorry the exact details have faded from my memory, too much bourbon Smile
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth8