• 15(current)
ANTEC ISK300-65's hidden PSU Spec
nice one DoeBoye, keep us up2date! Smile
(2012-05-11, 01:48)DoeBoye Wrote: while the 520 has a TDP of 29w
As long as you don't stress your GT520+G530 (94W TDP), you should be find with your 120W brick.....I hope that the PSU in Antec case will last......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
So just an update: The GT 520 and the G530 are working well together (no stability issues/reboots - 1080p Blu ray as well as Diablo 3), but I've become a bit concerned with the long-term longevity of the PSU in this case. Obviously, since the GT 430 couldn't run, I must be running very close to the max output with the GT 520 (which uses about 20w less).

I decided to go ahead and order the PicoPSU 160-XT and the 192w adapter. I was going to go smaller, but the price difference was minimal. It will give me some more headroom if I decide to upgrade down the road to a more powerful cpu/gpu.

Mini-box.com is currently sold out, but their Canadian reseller Eprom.com had them in stock. I had to call to place the order (how retro! Smile). Hopefully I'll get them before the weekend Smile.

I guess this is a bit of a lesson-learned. When Antec says 65w, they really mean 65w! Smile
(2012-05-23, 22:56)DoeBoye Wrote: I decided to go ahead and order the PicoPSU 160-XT and the 192w adapter.
You'll be very happy with it.....

(2012-05-23, 22:56)DoeBoye Wrote: I guess this is a bit of a lesson-learned. When Antec says 65w, they really mean 65w! Smile
Don't feel bad...most DIY'ers went through it......

(2012-04-19, 08:42)waver123 Wrote: it's tight but it fits baby! it's FTW with non-big Shuriken rev B.!

Does this also apply for Antec ISK 310-150?

I've ordered my parts yesterday
Antec ISK 310-150
ASRock A75M-ITX - mITX
AMD A6 X3 3500
Scythe Shuriken Rev. B
Noctua NF-R8
Samsung SSD 830 128GB Basic Kit

I choose the Shuriken Rev. B instead of BIG Shuriken since i hope i dont have to do any cutting with this one!

Sorry for OT
(2012-04-04, 17:22)eskro Wrote: told ya, i have 3 of those tri-cool fans bro.
all 80mm too...

big shuriken ftw!!

It has to be Big Shuriken 2 rev B though.. right?
I have an brand new SCBSK-1000 but it does not talk about FM1 socket anywhere Sad
So I bought an Antec ISK 110 and I'm planning a little experiment with it - but this thread seems to be one of the only places online were people are actively discussing the little guy. It sounds like the Big Shuriken 2 is out which is kind of a bummer - but do you think the Cooler Master GeminII M4 would work? Its very similar in size but just a little shorter without the fan and the mounting on the back might not interfere the same way... If you look at the thread I linked to you'd see I'd like to run the heatsink fanless and use a 180mm fan mounted externally to cool the whole thing. I guess I could use a Scythe Kozuti in a pinch but I'd rather be rocking a 120mm heastsink - you know, just for fun. If you like something else better than the Kozuti please share. Thanks for any advice. Smile

Edit: Picture just for reference...
@drfish-
You can try it by unplug the CPU cooling fan, and operate HTPC using the external fan. If you are okay with the temps, you have your answer.....
some boards wont run if they dont have a fan plugged in the cpu fan headers.

the external fan idea is not bad. lol

check bitfenix fans on newegg.

maybe a 200mm fan could be used!
I plan on plugging the 180mm fan into the CPU fan header. What I was trying to show in the picture is how a 180mm is nearly a perfect drop in fan in place of the mesh on the side of the case (I'll just need to drill 4 mounting holes into the lip that already exists for the mesh). What I'm really trying to figure out is if the Coolermaster will fit or not, specifically the backplate clearance and the SSD/HDD on the back of the mobo). I know its not a great cooler but I think it would be better than the 80mm Kozuti in this usage... Thanks for your thoughts so far!
(2012-10-18, 22:13)drfish Wrote: I plan on plugging the 180mm fan into the CPU fan header. What I was trying to show in the picture is how a 180mm is nearly a perfect drop in fan in place of the mesh on the side of the case (I'll just need to drill 4 mounting holes into the lip that already exists for the mesh). What I'm really trying to figure out is if the Coolermaster will fit or not, specifically the backplate clearance and the SSD/HDD on the back of the mobo). I know its not a great cooler but I think it would be better than the 80mm Kozuti in this usage... Thanks for your thoughts so far!
If you can fit Big Shuriken 2 in it, I don't see why it wouldn't fit COOLER MASTER GeminII....it is the same size other than 1mm taller.....

I'm looking at this post and noting the problem with the hard drives on the back... Maybe I could add some spacers there too. I guess I will just have to wait for my case to come in and see exactly how much wiggle room there is.
(2012-10-18, 22:13)drfish Wrote: What I'm really trying to figure out is if the Coolermaster will fit or not, specifically the backplate clearance and the SSD/HDD on the back of the mobo). I know its not a great cooler but I think it would be better than the 80mm Kozuti in this usage... Thanks for your thoughts so far!

well, the KOZUTI fits, tight but fits. and its 40mm...
everything passed that wont fit.

the Big Shuriken wont fit.
i remember that a user tried already,
i just cant relocate the thread about it.

if you dont like the KOZUTI,
there's a lesser known cooler named Reeven Vanxie RC-0801 Low Profile CPU Cooler.
The Vanxie stands just 34mm tall which makes it an ideal CPU cooler where space is limited.
Another nice find on a low profile cooler....

Thanx ESKRO!!!

Smile
Lots of poor quality semi-pointless pictures below. Bottom line is that I'm done and it works great and looks good enough for me (especially since it will be hiding behind the TV). I had to drill 4 holes and sand one side of the fan down less than 1/16" to get it to fit - super easy. I'll probably finish the build in another couple weeks once I can get miniITX FM2 boards from somewhere besides eBay.

Rest of the pictures:
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ANTEC ISK300-65's hidden PSU Spec5