• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
(2012-05-24, 15:38)EmuZombie Wrote: My wife calls me at work today. Tells me "the tv is broken" She tells me the tv is really dark and none of the menus look right.

Turns out the skin auto updated itself overnight and due to a bug in xbmc, it was stuck in dim screen saver mode.

I found out I could never work in tech support. It was such a pain instructing her how to fix and and do a rollback.

I would like to point out, auto updating to a version that loses all settings, even if it can be undone, is not exactly the best behavior. Imagine if that happened to every application and game you own. You wake up or come back from lunch to find the app updated on its own and, oh, by the way, all your settings are gone and your either can set them all again or rollback.

that´s constructive at least. yes, you´re right, it´s not the most perfect solution, and that behaviour will change perhaps in the future (xbmc stuff, not skin stuff)
we had a long talk about that with the xbmc team, this was a precedence case but it was unavoidable for us as skinners to do that step.
that´s why we changed the skin to allow a rollback which also restores settings. I´m sure you and your wife won´t be too pissed if you have it set up and got used to it.
it won´t happen again (for any skin), i can assure you. i hope your wife survives till you get home Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Half the fun of getting a new skin, or indeed a new version of a skin, is finding your way around. It's good to have a spring clean when you migrate to a new update. I just did all mine from scratch, in around 15 mins. Like phil65 said, rollback if you don't like it, progress if you do. Last time I checked their hard work was rewarded with a paycheck of $0, let's all be a bit more grateful or we'll find ourselves in a situation like the one on the MQ3 thread a little while ago. Thanks for putting the hours in guys.

My two cents Smile
great skin guys, just wondering if i can remove the glow bar in the light glow mode? and if it is still possible to remove the small icon on the left that opens the options panel? and thx again guys, this is one beast of a skin ,so far the best there is Big Grin
(2012-05-24, 16:09)Walthamstow Wrote: great skin guys, just wondering if i can remove the glow bar in the light glow mode? and if it is still possible to remove the small icon on the left that opens the options panel? and thx again guys, this is one beast of a skin ,so far the best there is Big Grin

1) which glow bar?
2) won´t become an option (at least for now), but you can remove

Code:
<include>Media_Menu_Tooltip</include>
from includes_mediamenu.xml if you absolutely do not like it.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Does this skin have a 'Light Floor' option? Every screenshot I see has a Dark Floor.
(2012-05-24, 16:36)paco Wrote: Does this skin have a 'Light Floor' option? Every screenshot I see has a Dark Floor.

yes. change the theme.
(2012-05-24, 15:50)Deano316 Wrote: Half the fun of getting a new skin, or indeed a new version of a skin, is finding your way around. It's good to have a spring clean when you migrate to a new update. I just did all mine from scratch, in around 15 mins. Like phil65 said, rollback if you don't like it, progress if you do. Last time I checked their hard work was rewarded with a paycheck of $0, let's all be a bit more grateful or we'll find ourselves in a situation like the one on the MQ3 thread a little while ago. Thanks for putting the hours in guys.

My two cents Smile

Completely agree !!!
Btw, speaking of "hours" is not that realistic as big_noid is working on aeon nox for about 1 year or more now and phil65 spending a half life with aeon Smile

big_noid & phil65, just wanna say what an incredible skin you've done guys ! Wink

Yeeeeyyyyyy! just setting up though and it froze xbmc on the colour settings for featured. Oops. not a big deal though I don't really use the featured bit.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Cheers lads!
(2012-05-24, 16:59)Death-Axe Wrote: Yeeeeyyyyyy! just setting up though and it froze xbmc on the colour settings for featured. Oops. not a big deal though I don't really use the featured bit.

moviesets addon disabled?
please post debug logs (or at least normal logs if not reproducable) if you experience crashes.
(2012-05-24, 16:59)Death-Axe Wrote: Yeeeeyyyyyy! just setting up though and it froze xbmc on the colour settings for featured. Oops. not a big deal though I don't really use the featured bit.

The lockup may be random. I get it in unrelated circumstances on occasion. Not sure if it skin or Eden as I've gone to both at the same time. Luckily it's not too frequent, and only seems to happen during frenzied navigation, I.e during re-configuration, not in normal usage.
Frack ... shouldn't it update the customizations made within the skin?
It would be a nice feature for the future ... unless you expect that most of the people use your skin cause it's nice and not because it's customizable ...
Good work tho... but it's hard to get your custom stuff gone ...
(2012-05-24, 17:19)HiGhLaNdeR Wrote: Frack ... shouldn't it update the customizations made within the skin?
It would be a nice feature for the future ... unless you expect that most of the people use your skin cause it's nice and not because it's customizable ...

No because the whole customization is done completly different.
So it's impossible to keep/transfer pervious settings.
Users should just understand that or turn of auto update.

Like already said it a one time change.

Quote:Good work tho... but it's hard to get your custom stuff gone ...
what's an hour maximum (if you take it really slow) compared to the time they spend to make this skin like it is today.

You should all ver very gratefull that they spend so much time making it and then you all go complaining for something that you get for free

Note:
please don't take this personally. this is more a general statement to all users.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Selecting any addon from the icon pannel just gets stuck at "retrieved 0 items" :-( its prolly xbmc not the skin, sorry. Non of my internet based addons are working all of a sudden, but my internet/network connection is fine.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
(2012-05-24, 17:23)Death-Axe Wrote: Selecting any addon from the icon pannel just gets stuck at "retrieved 0 items" :-(

screenshot, please.
(2012-05-24, 17:04)muzzakus Wrote:

The lockup may be random. I get it in unrelated circumstances on occasion. Not sure if it skin or Eden as I've gone to both at the same time. Luckily it's not too frequent, and only seems to happen during frenzied navigation, I.e during re-configuration, not in normal usage.

also here: please post the logs, it´s most probably a script issue, either artistslideshow or moviesets addon.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)9