• 36(current)
[MOD] Horizontal Confluence Modded
afiak cd art should be called cdart.png

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
I've also noticed that TV Tunes works, but it starts up the visualization rather than just leaving the fanart of the tv show showing.
(2012-05-26, 15:28)vismak Wrote: In the main horizontal menu every small "o" appears as a capital.(I use greek fonts locale in the settings).If i return to the normal confluence the bug dissapears.
This is strange, as I did not change any fonts settings...so it should be like default Confluence...
Let me dig a bit into it...maybe I'll find the issue..and thanks for reporting...
BTW: Did you check the greek strings.xml of the MOD to see that the issue does not come from a damaged strings.xml?

(2012-05-26, 19:55)Devo7v Wrote: This mod is fantastic. One problem I'm having though is I cannot get the music information to fade out when the visualization is full screen. I have the option checked to "Hide Controls in MusikVisualization (Fade-Effect)" from the MOD options, but the seek bar, album art, and other information remain on the screen no matter what. With the original Confluence skin this information would fade out after a few seconds and only reappear when the track changed. In the mod, I don't think the option does anything.
When you're in vis press "i" once and the controls should fade out and only come up at track change...
I know that I have to explain this a bit more in the settings Wink

(2012-05-26, 19:55)Devo7v Wrote: Additionally, I have a request, I like that when music is playing it shows the spinning disc. I have a lot of disc art in the file tags as well as in the album folder. Is there a way to use the disc art I have rather than the generic disc? I have the files in each album folder named as "Album [CD].jpg"
As matt said: cdart.png does the trick

(2012-05-26, 20:05)Devo7v Wrote: I've also noticed that TV Tunes works, but it starts up the visualization rather than just leaving the fanart of the tv show showing.
This is in every skin, as tvtunes comes from regular dvdplayer inside xbmc...
Not sure if there is a real workaround for that...

(2012-05-26, 11:46)rintje Wrote: Hi Max, i am using your mod for creating an OpenElec installation on a dedicated box with the goal to make a children-friendly home appliance.
This makes me curious...this dedicated box is for you or are you trying to sell the box as appliance?
Would be interested in that...

(2012-05-26, 11:46)rintje Wrote: I was wondering if an option could be introduced to hide the shutdown button in the main menu (and maybe the search button as well)? In an home appliance, this is taken care of by a button on the remote control.
These two buttons are in home.xml...
Search for control id="20" and you should finde them...

(2012-05-25, 01:01)twinvipers Wrote: I wanted to increase the font size when in the "Pictures" menu when viewing my picture files in "List" view.
I guess I could edit the font.xml but which "font" in the xml controls the list view text? and will it affect other texts with in the skin as well?
Editing font.xml changes the font through the whole skin...
List view code can be found in "ViewsFileMode.xml" view 50 = list
Check the <itemlayout> and <focusedlayout> tag for the fonts...

(2012-05-22, 20:07)matt77303 Wrote: In lowlist make the watched thumb/coverart darker so they stand out?
Sorry matt, didn't gat that...can you explain for a dummy? Big Grin

(2012-05-22, 20:07)matt77303 Wrote: Option for animated backgrounds
Won't be added as it is consuming too much ressources...the skin is dedicated to leightweight systems...

(2012-05-22, 20:07)matt77303 Wrote: Explain what db-editor does?
If you have db-editor (passion repo) installed, you can change certain infos from the movie/tvshow/episode like genre, mpaa, plot etc...

@all: Thank you very much for your kind words!!!

mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2012-05-26, 21:24)mad-max Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 19:55)Devo7v Wrote: This mod is fantastic. One problem I'm having though is I cannot get the music information to fade out when the visualization is full screen. I have the option checked to "Hide Controls in MusikVisualization (Fade-Effect)" from the MOD options, but the seek bar, album art, and other information remain on the screen no matter what. With the original Confluence skin this information would fade out after a few seconds and only reappear when the track changed. In the mod, I don't think the option does anything.
When you're in vis press "i" once and the controls should fade out and only come up at track change...
I know that I have to explain this a bit more in the settings Wink

That option functions just the way you mentioned but it seems counter-intuitive to me. It seems that the controls should fade out by default and pressing "i" should bring them back up. I should also note that I get no "fade effect" the controls simply hide instantly with no fade out. By turning that option off, pressing "i" does nothing and I don't understand the purpose of forcing the controls to remain visible. The way I thought the option would work is that if the option remained off, the the user would have to press "i" to hide the controls. If the option was turned on, then the controls would fade out by default and pressing "i" would bring them back up. This is just my thinking and I don't think that you've implemented it wrong. Why make it so that the controls cannot be hidden?

(2012-05-26, 19:55)Devo7v Wrote: Additionally, I have a request, I like that when music is playing it shows the spinning disc. I have a lot of disc art in the file tags as well as in the album folder. Is there a way to use the disc art I have rather than the generic disc? I have the files in each album folder named as "Album [CD].jpg"
As matt said: cdart.png does the trick
This is great, I just need to rename some files. Thanks for clarifying.

(2012-05-26, 20:05)Devo7v Wrote: I've also noticed that TV Tunes works, but it starts up the visualization rather than just leaving the fanart of the tv show showing.
This is in every skin, as tvtunes comes from regular dvdplayer inside xbmc...
Not sure if there is a real workaround for that...
So I switched back to default Confluence with TV Tunes turned on. I went into my tv shows and opened up the tv show Dexter. The theme song started playing and the fanart remained visible. I waited several minutes to make sure, but the visualization never came up.

I then switched to your Confluence MOD. I went into my tv shows and opened up the tv show Dexter. The theme song started playing and after a couple of seconds, the Milkdrop visualization came up in the background hiding the fanart. Something has changed between the default skin and this MOD. I don't see the advantage to having the visualization come up just for TV Tunes, I prefer the original action (or lack there of), but it is your decision and I defer to you.
Hi max

ive installed the passion repo, cant see the db-editor anywhere?

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
(2012-05-26, 11:46)rintje Wrote: Hi Max, i am using your mod for creating an OpenElec installation on a dedicated box with the goal to make a children-friendly home appliance.
This makes me curious...this dedicated box is for you or are you trying to sell the box as appliance?
Would be interested in that...
No, its meant for just my a-technical wife and young kids. No plans for any public deployments Wink. However it might fill a gap, cause i have the feeling that XBMC/OpenElec could appeal to more users if the out-of-the-box experience was more intuitive. By default it feels like a technical media solution intended for tech-capable people. btw i'm doing this on a Zotac ZBox, Logitech Harmony remote, OpenElec/Confluence Mod and a NAS.

(2012-05-26, 11:46)rintje Wrote: I was wondering if an option could be introduced to hide the shutdown button in the main menu (and maybe the search button as well)? In an home appliance, this is taken care of by a button on the remote control.
These two buttons are in home.xml...
Search for control id="20" and you should finde them...
Thanx, but the downside is that this change would require me to make my first custom mod on your custom mod. Then i have to merge my changes on every update on your side. My feeling however is that this little feature would fit well in the MOD-settings -> Home -> Customize home section.

If you see the benefits but don't want to spend time on it, would you accept a github pull request if i fixed it?
Ok...making a toggle option isn't that hard...let's see when this will happen...

BTW: pull requests are always welcome as they mean I don't have to do the work Big Grin
Seriously every help is appreciated...so feel free the submit PRs for whatever you want in the MOD Wink
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2012-05-26, 21:24)mad-max Wrote: This is strange, as I did not change any fonts settings...so it should be like default Confluence...
Let me dig a bit into it...maybe I'll find the issue..and thanks for reporting...
BTW: Did you check the greek strings.xml of the MOD to see that the issue does not come from a damaged strings.xml?

Just checked it , i hope i looked in the right place , i'm new to xbmc.
I looked into /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.moddedconfluence/language/Greek/strings.xml
all the entries are good , allthough i didn't find any entries for the horizontal menu
There is a problem with the greek font in Confluence as well. There is only capital "O" included, it seems.
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
(2012-05-28, 00:41)minimoe Wrote: There is a problem with the greek font in Confluence as well. There is only capital "O" included, it seems.
No there is not.

Default xbmc confluence has no font problem

Can you fix custom playlists on home screen? Right now can only pick one, because one gives an error. Would love 4
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
(2012-05-28, 01:14)vismak Wrote:
(2012-05-28, 00:41)minimoe Wrote: There is a problem with the greek font in Confluence as well. There is only capital "O" included, it seems.
No there is not.

Default xbmc confluence has no font problem

You're running nightlies, methinks Smile

Max's skin doesn't use the new Roboto font which is used by Confluence in the nightlies.

Roboto has other issues with Greek

Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
also my xbmc only shows version 1.0.8 available via xbmcnerds rep?
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
(2012-05-27, 17:45)matt77303 Wrote: Hi max

Matt

Matt,
I was in the same situation as you, and couldn't find the script in the passion repo. After searching on google, I found this on passion-xbmc.org's site, which seems to work. I don't think I received confirmation that the zip ever installed correctly, and I can't find it in my list of enabled scripts, but I see options when I click on DB-Editor now.

link
(2012-05-30, 06:54)Greg_ Wrote:
(2012-05-27, 17:45)matt77303 Wrote: Hi max

Matt

Matt,
I was in the same situation as you, and couldn't find the script in the passion repo. After searching on google, I found this on passion-xbmc.org's site, which seems to work. I don't think I received confirmation that the zip ever installed correctly, and I can't find it in my list of enabled scripts, but I see options when I click on DB-Editor now.

link

Thanks mate,

Matt
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Horizontal Confluence Modded4