How to AirPlay with XBMC Eden for iPad 3
Just successfully installed xbmc Eden on my iPad 3. However I am trying to AirPlay on my apple tv 3 but I don't see the airplay icon in the app.

Hope someone can help me

Thx
AFAIK XBMC only acts as an Airplay target, i.e. you can Airplay videos/music to your XBMC device, but you cannot Airplay from it.

If you're using a nightly build then you can use a hardware TV out iPad accessory to play XBMC on your TV screen ( http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2012/05/02/xb...ril-cycle/ )
Thx I will try nightly build and output with the AV adapter.
You might even be able to use the airplay mirror option on your ipad3 to let xbmc detect it as external screen - this should work same like with an hdmi adapter then ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-05-27, 23:03)Memphiz Wrote: You might even be able to use the airplay mirror option on your ipad3 to let xbmc detect it as external screen - this should work same like with an hdmi adapter then ...

How does this work? I dont have this mirror Switch when xbmc is running.

(2012-05-27, 23:03)Memphiz Wrote: You might even be able to use the airplay mirror option on your ipad3 to let xbmc detect it as external screen - this should work same like with an hdmi adapter then ...

Well I tried that method but the resolution is not in HD. It only mirrors.
(2012-05-27, 23:49)suchmich1983 Wrote:

The switch is available with the volume and brightness controller in the bottom when you double click.
(2012-05-27, 23:49)suchmich1983 Wrote:

The switch is available with the volume and brightness controller in the bottom when you double click.
(2012-05-28, 00:36)faythebest Wrote:

Well I tried that method but the resolution is not in HD. It only mirrors.
(2012-05-27, 23:49)suchmich1983 Wrote: [quote='Memphiz' pid='1113419' dateline='1338152610']
You might even be able to use the airplay mirror option on your ipad3 to let xbmc detect it as external screen - this should work same like with an hdmi adapter then ...

So this is not working for me! The Switch is there but only the AirPlay button not the mirroring switch! This is what i found in the Wiki. Are you sure it works?

Quote:Features and known issues

An AirPlay password can be optionally set.
All platforms support video (without DRM, meaning videos downloaded from the iTunes store will not play in XBMC). Audio within the video will also work on all platforms.
All platforms support pictures.
All platforms except Windows support music (with or without DRM). Windows will be supported when libshairport is ported to Win32. (Shairport4w can be used in the background as a workaround to get music support in Windows)
AirPlay mirroring is currently unsupported.
Videos recorded from an iDevice might not display with the correct rotation. Support for this is planned for later.

Christian
That note is only for when XBMC is the AirPlay target (such as a desktop unit running XBMC). In this case (for OP) the AirPlay target/server is the native one from Apple for the ATV3.

In theory XBMC should be able to mirror it's output to the Apple TV 3 (or the native AirPlay server on the ATV2) since the APIs used for the video out cable also work with mirroring (or something like that). However, it has not been tested yet.

I have one theory that someone might try:

1. Make sure you are using a nightly build of XBMC

2. Before opening XBMC, double tap the home button to bring up the App Switcher, slide over to expose the volume control and AirPlay icon.

3. Select the Apple TV 2/3, which should start generic mirroring

4. Now open XBMC, then go to Settings/System/Video output (wiki) and try selecting "Full screen #2" under "Display Mode"
(2012-05-28, 01:35)Ned Scott Wrote: That note is only for when XBMC is the AirPlay target (such as a desktop unit running XBMC). In this case (for OP) the AirPlay target/server is the native one from Apple for the ATV3.

In theory XBMC should be able to mirror it's output to the Apple TV 3 (or the native AirPlay server on the ATV2) since the APIs used for the video out cable also work with mirroring (or something like that). However, it has not been tested yet.

2. Before opening XBMC, double tap the home button to bring up the App Switcher, slide over to expose the volume control and AirPlay icon.

4. Now open XBMC, then go to Settings/System/Video output (wiki) and try selecting "Full screen #2" under "Display Mode"

Works just fine, but is the Resolution really the same as on iPad? If so this is a nice workaround for atv3 owners!
(2012-05-28, 01:35)Ned Scott Wrote: That note is only for when XBMC is the AirPlay target (such as a desktop unit running XBMC). In this case (for OP) the AirPlay target/server is the native one from Apple for the ATV3.

(2012-05-28, 23:24)suchmich1983 Wrote:

Works just fine, but is the Resolution really the same as on iPad? If so this is a nice workaround for atv3 owners!

I have no option for full screen 2 - running latest nightly
I do not see a "Full Screen #2" running June 9 nightly on iPad 3.
well, it was a theory. I'm sure more will be exposed in the future in regards to AirPlay mirroring, and this will eventually be hammered out.
iirc you have to switch to the airplay target before starting xbmc. Not sure if it works then ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-06-10, 19:56)Memphiz Wrote: iirc you have to switch to the airplay target before starting xbmc. Not sure if it works then ...

Ah yes

by doing that I do get option 2

However option 2 is massively too big for the screen, to the point where one can not navigate
Hey guys sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm having difficulty getting option 2 to pop up.
trying to AirPlay videos from iPad 2 running xbmc w/nightly build to atv3.
Enabled generic airplay to atv3 from lock screen before starting xbmc.
When starting video playback atv3 plays sound only, no video. Trying to enable option 2 is unsuccessful.

I don't have any form of hardware adapter plugged in (ie.ipad hdmi cable etc)

Suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to AirPlay with XBMC Eden for iPad 30