Lose Keyboard and Remote During Playback
Setup: Asus Eee PC, Windows 7, XBMC Eden, Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse, Rosewill RRC-127 MCE Remote (w/ USB dongle).

I'm using EventGhost to handle the remote input.

On a fresh boot, I can play local movies and tv shows without a problem. Skip ahead, back, stop, pause, etc all work fine on the remote. However, and it usually seems to start when I try to access online streams with add-ons (e.g. 1channel, TWiT, PBS), sometimes once playback begins, XBMC will not respond to remote or keyboard input. It stays this way until the stream completes and I am dumped back to a menu. At that point, the keyboard and remote start working again. If I then begin a local movie/tv show, the problem persists during playback.

I can see from the red light blinking on the USB dongle for the remote that commands are inputting and I can also see from the EventGhost log that commands are running (i.e. the button presses map correctly and EventGhost attempts to run something like XBMC2:Stop when I press the Stop button) but the video playback is unaffected.

I haven't found anything from searching (Google or XBMC forums) and don't even know where to begin with this issue.
I am also seeing this on multiple setups (macbook pro, revo, dell pc).

Not sure when it started happening. I also have the problem whether I am using eventghost or not (I only use eventghost on windows)

/shrug
Using Eventghost introduces one variable too many for me. Without Eventghost the XBMC debug log will show what signals XBMC is receiving and what it's doing with them.
(2012-05-30, 12:15)thebodster Wrote: I am also seeing this on multiple setups (macbook pro, revo, dell pc).

Not sure when it started happening. I also have the problem whether I am using eventghost or not (I only use eventghost on windows)

/shrug

What skin? I recently got an update to Aeon Nox and I can't say for sure but it seems to have happened a lot since that update...
Mainly I am using Aeon Nox, but to rule that out I tried confluence and the problem still exists.

At work at the moment but will try and get a debug log when I get home.
I was about to post a new thread when I saw this one.

I don't use EventGhost (don't even know what it is) or anything. Just my keyboard stops working when I start playing a film. Not all the time, but about 80% of the time.

I'm running Eden stable version 11 with Aeon Nox skin. It's only been doing it the last day or two. The only way I can get it to work is to quit out of XBMC completely and then start again.
(2012-05-30, 15:37)stigdu Wrote: I was about to post a new thread when I saw this one.

I don't use EventGhost (don't even know what it is) or anything. Just my keyboard stops working when I start playing a film. Not all the time, but about 80% of the time.

I'm running Eden stable version 11 with Aeon Nox skin. It's only been doing it the last day or two. The only way I can get it to work is to quit out of XBMC completely and then start again.

This has pretty much been my experience. Seems to happen most with streams. I'm also at work and will try to do a debug log when I'm home.
it's a known issue. it's caused by a viz cond in aeon nox. there is a workaround (skin update) in the pipe, and i have actually fixing the bugger on my todo.
(2012-05-30, 18:15)spiff Wrote: it's a known issue. it's caused by a viz cond in aeon nox. there is a workaround (skin update) in the pipe, and i have actually fixing the bugger on my todo.

This is great to know. Can I help at all?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lose Keyboard and Remote During Playback0