• 9(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2012-05-15, 20:16)Wanilton Wrote: latest translate add-on Artist SlideShow to Portuguese (Brazil), download here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/Artist%...trings.xml

Thanks. I just did a pull request with the older ones. It hasn't been done yet though, so I resubmitted with these. Hopefully 1.3.2 will get into the repo soon.
just a quick question guys

does this work inside apps like spotimc?

NVM got it to work

-----

btw, i have only one flaw with this addon, i use with spotimc, and songs , and doesnt know what to do? am i correct in this?like down on me, jeremih ft 50 cent, if the artist names is two names, the addon cant pull any fanart
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
I am really loving this addon so far. I noticed it works great when I have it set to use online resources for the images. However I can not seem to get it to use just the local resources. I have the settings to prefer local first. I have a music structure like M:\music\artist\album\## song.mp3 Inside each artist folder, I have an fanart.jpg and an extrafanart folder with a bunch more .jpg files in it to use as fanart for that particular artist. Is there a way to get slideshow to use those images instead of the online ones?

I tried editing my artist.nfo file inside the artist folder as well. It was pointing to all online urls. I am not sure how to edit the fanart tags in there. I stripped it way down and changed it to something like this:

Code:
<fanart>
        <thumb>M:\music\Taylor Swift\extrafanart\1.jpg</thumb>
        <thumb>M:\music\Taylor Swift\extrafanart\2.jpg</thumb>
        <thumb>M:\music\Taylor Swift\extrafanart\3.jpg</thumb>
    </fanart>

That did not seem to work. I am guessing maybe I did it wrong. Any suggestions on how to get this to work locally? Thank you.
Make sure all your "Path to Music folder" are set in skins settings and also the addon settings
Thanks for the reply.

My path to the music folder is setup as M:\music\ and all the music shows up correctly in xbmc. Not sure where i would set it in the addon. I tried setting the Local Artist Folder before in the addon and it pulled every image of every artist instead of just the ones from the extrafanart folder for the artist that is currently playing that is under that artists folder.

Can that folder be set to a relative path instead of an absolute path? If not shouldn't the addon read the info from the artist.nfo file within which ever artist is currently playings folder?
(2012-05-19, 09:49)hiphutch Wrote: Thanks for the reply.

My path to the music folder is setup as M:\music\ and all the music shows up correctly in xbmc. Not sure where i would set it in the addon. I tried setting the Local Artist Folder before in the addon and it pulled every image of every artist instead of just the ones from the extrafanart folder for the artist that is currently playing that is under that artists folder.

Can that folder be set to a relative path instead of an absolute path? If not shouldn't the addon read the info from the artist.nfo file within which ever artist is currently playings folder?

Artist Slideshow does not look at .nfo files for anything. It only looks at directory structure.

Based on what I understand about your setup, In the slideshow tab of the settings for the addon, you should set local artist folder to M:\music and then set the image priority to "use local images first." That should, in theory, do it. What skin are you using? Some skins have additional things you have to set for everything to work right.
Hello guys,

Right now my artist slideshow is blank... when I TAB go to full screen, the screen is black, and no bio is scrubbed either.

It was working earlier today.

I will restart XBMC (which I am guessing will work to "re-jig" it..., but

Is there a way to restart Artist Slideshow from within XBMC?
Tx
Mark
(2012-05-24, 18:00)fredphoesh Wrote: Is there a way to restart Artist Slideshow from within XBMC?

Assuming you not using one of the skins that starts Artist Slideshow as a daemon, exiting out of the full screen music visualization and going back in will restart Artist Slideshow. That said, I can only think of a couple of things that would cause a black screen. First, there are no images to display in the directory. If you are also not getting any artist info, then I'm wondering if it's a "simple" internet connectivity issue. Second, I have seen XBMC just stop showing images (something to do with the image cache). Restarting XBMC usually fixes that. If your problem persists, please post a debug log.
Hi there
Thanks for the quick response.

The music I was playing was via Radio addon, so the internet connection is fine, and the artist was Beck and there is definitely fan art for him.

The problem did get sorted with restarting xbmc... but as far as whether the skin Im using is starting ArtistSlideshow as a daemon, I have no clue at all Wink

The skin is BigNoid-Aeon-Nox-1dbf00e, and in full screen mode, there is a setting in this skin to use ArtistSlideshow as the background. Choosing another background and reverting to AritstSlideshow does not fix the issue, only restarting xbmc does. I'm not sure if that gives you any more ideas, but my sense is that ArtistSlideshow is not restarted when exiting full screen mode...

Thanks again,
Mark.

(2012-05-24, 18:16)pkscuot Wrote: Assuming you not using one of the skins that starts Artist Slideshow as a daemon, exiting out of the full screen music visualization and going back in will restart Artist Slideshow. That said, I can only think of a couple of things that would cause a black screen. First, there are no images to display in the directory. If you are also not getting any artist info, then I'm wondering if it's a "simple" internet connectivity issue. Second, I have seen XBMC just stop showing images (something to do with the image cache). Restarting XBMC usually fixes that. If your problem persists, please post a debug log.

(2012-05-19, 15:29)pkscuot Wrote: Artist Slideshow does not look at .nfo files for anything. It only looks at directory structure.

Based on what I understand about your setup, In the slideshow tab of the settings for the addon, you should set local artist folder to M:\music and then set the image priority to "use local images first." That should, in theory, do it. What skin are you using? Some skins have additional things you have to set for everything to work right.

Thank you for the reply. I am using aeon mq3 skin. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my xbmc. I will try it again pointing the path to the folder above all the artist folders as suggested and see if that works.

Hopefully the dev will consider supporting artist.nfo files as it appears that in my xbmc install that xbmc or some of the mods are exporting that info to the file on export. It would be really nice if all one had to do was add a sub folder to each artist folder and copy images into it, or edit a nfo file to add their own artist images.
(2012-05-26, 06:01)hiphutch Wrote: Hopefully the dev will consider supporting artist.nfo files as it appears that in my xbmc install that xbmc or some of the mods are exporting that info to the file on export. It would be really nice if all one had to do was add a sub folder to each artist folder and copy images into it, or edit a nfo file to add their own artist images.

I feel like I'm not understanding something. Artist Slideshow already does what your asking for. If you add a folder named extrafanart to each artist directory, put images in there, point Artist Slideshow's local artist folder to the root of your music directory (i.e. the one that has all your artists in it), and tell Artist Slideshow to prefer local images, you should be good to go.
Sorry if I sound stupid.

But how do you get this addon working? I have installed via XBMC, and it shows up in Addons Programs list as enabled. But nothing is happening?

I'm using Aeon MQ3. What are the steps to set this up to work? What exactly does it do? Do I have to turn it on in visualization or something?

Thanks in advance.
You must enable it in the skin's settings.
(2012-05-30, 20:15)sstavross Wrote: You must enable it in the skin's settings.

Ok I managed to turn it on in the skin settings however I have a few problems it seems.

1) I dont like the background moving and zooming in and out lol. I like how it changes backgrounds, just I'd rather they were static? Is this possible?

2) When the artist changes, the arts don't. It just keeps swapping art from the previous artist. I even clicked stop which returned the main menu back its normal image. And then I started a separate artist and it was still stuck on the previous artists art?

Thanks in advance.
1. Again you can enable/disable this zooming in and out in the skin's settings.
2. I think you must ask thisquestions in the Aeon MQ3 skin forum. Maybe it is a bug of the skin or something. I don't use this skin, it is too heavy for my ATV2, so I don't know. I the skins I use( confluence lite mod and transparency) I don't have these problems.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5