• 30(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
disable mouse support in system settings.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-05-30, 19:35)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-05-30, 19:27)Zellig Wrote:
(2012-05-29, 13:12)Big_Noid Wrote: You are probably using nightlies: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1109773

Thanks, Big Noid. I had completely reinstalled XBMC Eden and was using the 3.0 release. I tried uninstalling Nox, also tried loading up the latest svn version (just in case), then went back to the release, but the problem is still there Sad

Dont know about the failed randomitems script then. Best talk to the authors of that script. For your custom submenu problem see this post.

Thanks for the pointer. It helped solve the submenu issue.

Removing "": around the name of my video folder in guisettings.xml fixed it!

The randomitems script error still appears from time to time, but it doesn't seem to be related to the skin.
(2012-05-30, 19:58)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-05-30, 19:49)Rayor Wrote: There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the cd cases that go over the thumbnails in Wall and Info Wall view. They're not there in the Addons sections though. I'd really like there to be a switch somewhere to turn them on and off.

In Wall view, no its not possible. In InfoWall it should be possible, set Cases to No.

Okay, it is possible to turn it off in InfoWall. I would still like the ability to turn it off for Wall view since that's what I use for my Music Genre and Album sections and I find the cases distracting. I can understand that this would be a low priority thing to put in, but I would greatly appreciate it since it's my only problem with this skin.
(2012-05-24, 15:38)EmuZombie Wrote: My wife calls me at work today. Tells me "the tv is broken" She tells me the tv is really dark and none of the menus look right.

Turns out the skin auto updated itself overnight and due to a bug in xbmc, it was stuck in dim screen saver mode.

I found out I could never work in tech support. It was such a pain instructing her how to fix and and do a rollback.

I would like to point out, auto updating to a version that loses all settings, even if it can be undone, is not exactly the best behavior. Imagine if that happened to every application and game you own. You wake up or come back from lunch to find the app updated on its own and, oh, by the way, all your settings are gone and your either can set them all again or rollback.

Do what I do when traveling on Business - setup LogMeIn on all home PC's and when the %$%# hits the fan (on anything PC wise) - connect and fix. So much pain avoided... Now if only I could do that for things like rebooting my router when it goes snaky...the conversation goes like this: "see that silvery thingy on the shelf with the 2 antenna things sticking up? - see all the cables plugged into one side? Look for the black cable that doesn't have a big phone type connector on it...unplug that and...." well you get the idea!
Thank you so much to everyone who has worked on this skin. The level of polish and the thoroughness is very impressive.

In case others are mentioning this, I'd like to say that I would love Panel view to come back for TV shows. It was my favorite view.

Thank you!
I personally think that the new update was a step in the wrong direction and feel 3.0 is somewhat 'unpolished'.

This is by no means a personal dig at you but just a matter of opinion.

I know you put a lot of hard work into it and for that I want to express my gratitude as 2.0 is probably one of the best skins out there and for that reason, I think I will stick with it for the time being.

Anyways, Thanks and keep up the good work.
(2012-05-30, 19:49)Rayor Wrote: There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the cd cases that go over the thumbnails in Wall and Info Wall view. They're not there in the Addons sections though. I'd really like there to be a switch somewhere to turn them on and off.

In Wall view, no its not possible. In InfoWall it should be possible, set Cases to No.

Any reason for this restriction BG? Least we not forget what Aeon Nox stands for. I vote for a revision of this.
(2012-05-31, 14:04)muzzakus Wrote:

Any reason for this restriction BG? Least we not forget what Aeon Nox stands for. I vote for a revision of this.

believe me, big_noid and me know well enough what Aeon stands for.
(2012-05-31, 13:32)badboy123 Wrote: I personally think that the new update was a step in the wrong direction and feel 3.0 is somewhat 'unpolished'.

This is by no means a personal dig at you but just a matter of opinion.

I know you put a lot of hard work into it and for that I want to express my gratitude as 2.0 is probably one of the best skins out there and for that reason, I think I will stick with it for the time being.

Anyways, Thanks and keep up the good work.

...and why do you think it´s "unpolished"? critizism without arguments is not something I take serious.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
It's finally included the fix for the EPG bug? I ask to user's forum (spanish forum) if this bug fixes the problem and they tell me that yes, now is working correctly.

Regards Smile
Question: When breadcrumbs are enabled, in File View, is there a way to get it to show more of the path? It only shows the current folder. I noticed on another skin that displayed most of the path and was wondering if that was possible here? What might I have to change/edit to be able to show more if it is not directly possible?

Thanks again, skin is my favorite overall.
Hey,

nice job on 3.0 guys! Really appreciate your hard work on 3.0. Been using Aeon Nox for quite some time now and have to say that 3.0 really turned out to be pure eye candy. Great job...

I just got one request though:
Would you consider using Filenameandpath also in SourceFlagVar (1080i/variables.xml) when determing the video source so it respects folder names. Otherwise I only get the codec icon instead of the source icon, since my movie files dont have BluRay, Web-DL, whatsoever keywords but the parent directory does. Does that make sense?!
If you already thinking about bringing back the SOURCE/CODEC toggle option from 2.x I'd be fine w/ that too Wink

Cheers,
-tmoe
Hey guys, just started using this skin and I absolutely love it. The attention to detail you've put into it is just great.
Thank you very much to the both of you Nod

I'm using the logo view for movies, and if it's ok, I have a couple recommendations/requests.

1. If at all possible, can we get a layout (exactly the same as the screenshot below) with the poster of the movie on the left side?

2. Have the title of the movie above the plot, instead of having two taglines on the same screen.
The tagline under the logo is great, can the one above be changed to the title please?
Right now, if there is no logo for the movie, the title is not displayed anywhere.

Thanks again!
(2012-05-31, 20:08)JohnVee Wrote: Hey guys, just started using this skin and I absolutely love it. The attention to detail you've put into it is just great.
Thank you very much to the both of you Nod

I'm using the logo view for movies, and if it's ok, I have a couple recommendations/requests.

1. If at all possible, can we get a layout (exactly the same as the screenshot below) with the poster of the movie on the left side?

2. Have the title of the movie above the plot, instead of having two taglines on the same screen.
The tagline under the logo is great, can the one above be changed to the title please?
Right now, if there is no logo for the movie, the title is not displayed anywhere.

Thanks again!
Poster on left side is imo not a good idea, but I'll discuss it with phil. Looking at that screenshot I do love the way that floor looks with infopanel on. Changed that just now that it always shows that floor with logos on and I really like the gradient effect it gives on the panel. Also the tagline was a valid point. Changed that also that it show the movie title/tvshow title.
Hey BN, love logo view for movies. Did mention it before the release, any more thoughts on altering the view or at least adding the option to have just one clearlogo on screen at a time? I dont personally use the info, its just clearlogo and fanart for me. Wouldn't necessarily require the logo size altered but would create a great uncluttered look IMHO. Smile
(2012-05-31, 21:16)Deano316 Wrote: Hey BN, love logo view for movies. Did mention it before the release, any more thoughts on altering the view or at least adding the option to have just one clearlogo on screen at a time? I dont personally use the info, its just clearlogo and fanart for me. Wouldn't necessarily require the logo size altered but would create a great uncluttered look IMHO. Smile

Where do you picture a clearlogo? It's pretty crowded already. A mockup of your idea would help here Wink
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)9