• 37(current)
[MOD] Horizontal Confluence Modded
First of all, I love this modded skin. It's faster then the fully loaded skins, but still has many new and nice features the standard Confluence is missing. I use an ION system.

I have been struggeling for some time with the Artist logo's now, but got it working finally. (there has to be a "/" after the music root path. Maybe an idea to make a "browse" button there, so you can just select the path in stead of typing it Smile
I'm using the Artist fan layout now for music, and the Artist Logo's are showing up now.
I have two suggestions here:
Firstly, if an Artist logo is width, it is shown very tiny on screen.
It would be more nice if it shown bigger. (for example the logo of "U2" is displayed nice and big but the logo for "Within Temptation" is shown very small)
Also a centered logo would be nicer too here, because it is lined up then with the selected artist.
Secondly, when there is NO artist logo available (80% of my collection), then nothing is showed. Also no text. A fall back to the artist name in plain text would be so much better.
Because of this I reverted to turn off the artist logo entirely, but also this is not so nice because the text is very tiny (In the Video, Movies, Series, etc the font is much bigger and more clear. And also because it is totally on the right side, while the current artist is in the middle of the screen, it is not so nice to navigate.
Maybe this can be changed?

Also there are some minor issues with text that is pushed outside the screen. For example in the Landscape view for Series, the first field named "Writer" seems to be lined up at the right. When the line is a bit longer, it is pushed out of the screen on the left side.
Maybe this has to do with the Dutch translation.

But apart from that, this will probably be my default skin from now on Smile
(2012-05-27, 01:38)Devo7v Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 21:24)mad-max Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 19:55)Devo7v Wrote: This mod is fantastic. One problem I'm having though is I cannot get the music information to fade out when the visualization is full screen. I have the option checked to "Hide Controls in MusikVisualization (Fade-Effect)" from the MOD options, but the seek bar, album art, and other information remain on the screen no matter what. With the original Confluence skin this information would fade out after a few seconds and only reappear when the track changed. In the mod, I don't think the option does anything.
When you're in vis press "i" once and the controls should fade out and only come up at track change...
I know that I have to explain this a bit more in the settings Wink

That option functions just the way you mentioned but it seems counter-intuitive to me. It seems that the controls should fade out by default and pressing "i" should bring them back up. I should also note that I get no "fade effect" the controls simply hide instantly with no fade out. By turning that option off, pressing "i" does nothing and I don't understand the purpose of forcing the controls to remain visible. The way I thought the option would work is that if the option remained off, the the user would have to press "i" to hide the controls. If the option was turned on, then the controls would fade out by default and pressing "i" would bring them back up. This is just my thinking and I don't think that you've implemented it wrong. Why make it so that the controls cannot be hidden?

(2012-05-26, 19:55)Devo7v Wrote: Additionally, I have a request, I like that when music is playing it shows the spinning disc. I have a lot of disc art in the file tags as well as in the album folder. Is there a way to use the disc art I have rather than the generic disc? I have the files in each album folder named as "Album [CD].jpg"
As matt said: cdart.png does the trick
This is great, I just need to rename some files. Thanks for clarifying.

(2012-05-26, 20:05)Devo7v Wrote: I've also noticed that TV Tunes works, but it starts up the visualization rather than just leaving the fanart of the tv show showing.
This is in every skin, as tvtunes comes from regular dvdplayer inside xbmc...
Not sure if there is a real workaround for that...
So I switched back to default Confluence with TV Tunes turned on. I went into my tv shows and opened up the tv show Dexter. The theme song started playing and the fanart remained visible. I waited several minutes to make sure, but the visualization never came up.

I then switched to your Confluence MOD. I went into my tv shows and opened up the tv show Dexter. The theme song started playing and after a couple of seconds, the Milkdrop visualization came up in the background hiding the fanart. Something has changed between the default skin and this MOD. I don't see the advantage to having the visualization come up just for TV Tunes, I prefer the original action (or lack there of), but it is your decision and I defer to you.

Just wondering if you've had any time to look at the tvtunes issue.
(2012-06-01, 15:18)Devo7v Wrote: Just wondering if you've had any time to look at the tvtunes issue.

I'm at my phone so I don't know the exact names.
I've tried tv-tunes before and worked fine for me so I think I know what the problem is.
MM has a setting called something like "keep fanart visible when playing music" this is for music generally so you see the artists fanart instead of the visualisation.
I would guess this setting unchecked is interfering (or actually lack thereof) with tv-tunes.
Try checking that setting and see if that fixes things if so, MM maybe can make a fix that is independent of that setting when he know where to look.

Hey guys,

after a long way off here we go with the next news...
After the marriage and stuff like that I managed to upload a new version to the repository...
So 1.0.9 is online...

Changes:
- added options to hide search, favourites and power button in home (thanks rintje)
- added dutch string (thanks rintje)
- added peripherals dialog (thanks ghoost82)
- added new substring for German FSK (based on new scraper settings)
- added BBFC rating for lowlist
- added hibernate button in shutdown menu (needs System.CanHibernate() )
- added support for frost's intro movie addon
- added trailer flag for 3 movie views
- added HDTV flag as source flag
- fixed english strings (thanks rintje)
- fixed old leftover label in MOD settings
- fixed mp3 flag
- fixed some strings (moved from hardcoded to strings.xml)
- FIXED TRAILER BUG! Now starts in fullscreen without menu in front...FINALLY!

cheers,
Max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Hi Mad-Max,

Very nice work with this newest version !

I have some question :
Where can I traduct "Plot" with the Lowlist View ?
Where can I traduct "Latest Movies" in the home ?
Is it possible to define the "Films" menu by default ? Currently for me, it's Music the first menu element selected Can I define Films ?
Is it possible to add the mpaa with the lowlist view ?

Thank you !

Great mod mad-max, it is lightweight enough to run on my zbox ion system. I have, however, noticed two issues with its handling of clearart and logos.

First off, when playing TV episodes no logo or clearart is displayed, regardless of whether or not “show clearart.png instead of logo.png” is selected under viewtype-options. In other words, while the show directory contains both a logo.png and clearart.png file (which are correctly displayed by other skins on my more powerful HTPCs) your skin doesn’t use either, both in the paused and info On-screen displays.

With movies I have the opposite problem. When the movie directory contains only a logo.png file and “show clearart.png instead of logo.png” is not selected, the logo is correctly displayed; both in the info display and when the film is paused, as in the screenshot below:

However, when the directory contains both a clearart.png and logo.png and “show clearart.png instead of logo.png” is not selected, the logo is correctly displayed in the info OSD but both are displayed when the film is paused:

When the option “show clearart.png instead of logo.png” is selected the clearart.png is correctly displayed in the info screen, while neither is displayed while the film is paused:

Ideally, I feel it would be preferable if when “show clearart.png instead of logo.png” is selected the skin would default to the use of clearart when it is available, and revert to the use of a logo when no clearart is present (for both TV and Movies).
(2012-06-05, 10:22)Kpitn Wrote: Hi Mad-Max,

I have some question :
Is it possible to define the "Films" menu by default ? Currently for me, it's Music the first menu element selected Can I define Films ?
Is it possible to add the mpaa with the lowlist view ?

Thank you !

Maybe someone else is gonna help us ? Thx Smile

I have some question :

Inside (for Windows Vista and upwards) C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.moddedconfluence\language
there are folders for each language. Yours, Spanish (I guess by a google search on traduct) doesn't have all the strings and therefore uses english as fallback.
If you open up English\strings.xml as well as Spanish\strings.xml, then copy string id 40000-40085 from English to Spanish and then translate them, it will all work.

Best would be if you could translate all those and either put it up on github (if you are registered) at https://github.com/mad-max/skin.moddedco...trings.xml
OR PM Mad-Max with the translated strings so everyone can benefit and you won't have to redo it the next skin update

Quote:Is it possible to define the "Films" menu by default ? Currently for me, it's Music the first menu element selected Can I define Films ?

Thank you !

it is possible to define "Films" as default as you say.
In Settings - skin - Advanced Mod Setting - Home
You have a setting namned "Custom startup focus in home"
Check that and you'll get an option to decide how much you want to offset focus to the right

So, for example, if you have Music - Concerts - Film - Etc... You want to offset it by 2

Quote:Is it possible to add the mpaa with the lowlist view ?
If you don't have kiosk mode on you can access the view option on the left. while there in lowlist view you have an "Show MPAA instead of source"
(2012-06-07, 15:10)Thizizmyname Wrote:

I have some question :

Inside (for Windows Vista and upwards) C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.moddedconfluence\language
there are folders for each language. Yours, Spanish (I guess by a google search on traduct) doesn't have all the strings and therefore uses english as fallback.
If you open up English\strings.xml as well as Spanish\strings.xml, then copy string id 40000-40085 from English to Spanish and then translate them, it will all work.

Best would be if you could translate all those and either put it up on github (if you are registered) at https://github.com/mad-max/skin.moddedco...trings.xml
OR PM Mad-Max with the translated strings so everyone can benefit and you won't have to redo it the next skin update

Quote:Is it possible to define the "Films" menu by default ? Currently for me, it's Music the first menu element selected Can I define Films ?

Thank you !

it is possible to define "Films" as default as you say.
In Settings - skin - Advanced Mod Setting - Home
You have a setting namned "Custom startup focus in home"
Check that and you'll get an option to decide how much you want to offset focus to the right

So, for example, if you have Music - Concerts - Film - Etc... You want to offset it by 2

Quote:Is it possible to add the mpaa with the lowlist view ?
If you don't have kiosk mode on you can access the view option on the left. while there in lowlist view you have an "Show MPAA instead of source"

Thank you for the explanations and to have take some time to explain me "How-to" !
It works now SmileBig Grin

(2012-06-08, 09:43)Kpitn Wrote: Thank you for the explanations and to have take some time to explain me "How-to" !
It works now SmileBig Grin

Like I said, If you translate the strings you need, you should give them to Mad-Max in some way so they can get implemented into next update.
That way, you don't have to redo it the next time as well as give the pleasure of a fully translated mod to others. Smile
Hello,
I have a few questions.

1: When I'm editing ViewsVideoRightList.xml, is there a way to instantly see the results? Right now, I exit, and restart XBMC, then I have to navigate to TV Shows/Movies to see my results. Editing would be much easier if I could see my changes instantly.

2: Can someone point me in the right direction to help me understand github? What the heck does this conversation mean?

(2012-05-27, 21:47)rintje Wrote: If you see the benefits but don't want to spend time on it, would you accept a github pull request if i fixed it?

(2012-05-27, 23:01)mad-max Wrote: BTW: pull requests are always welcome as they mean I don't have to do the work Big Grin
Seriously every help is appreciated...so feel free the submit PRs for whatever you want in the MOD Wink

I made some modifications to ViewsVideoRightList. That is to say, I copy and pasted, and jerry-rigged it to suit my needs as best as a non-programmer can do. For films, I combined 2 other people's ideas (thanks for the inspiration WeirdH & monkeybounce) in the thread where you make the studio icon smaller and to the right, and add the plot to the bottom. For TV Shows, I added Watched/Unwatched to the main TV screen. I feel like the unwatched count is the most important feature needed in that menu.

TV Shows (I also commented out the logo.png that appears in the middle of the screen:

Movies (I commented out the trailer option monkeybounce added because it wasn't working properly, perhaps I will give it another go):

edit: final question
3: Why can't I seem to add to anyone's reputation? I don't see the button to do so. I know this isn't really a skinning question, but there are several posts in here that I wish to have added to their reputation.
(2012-06-06, 04:01)KroZpOz Wrote: Ideally, I feel it would be preferable if when “show clearart.png instead of logo.png” is selected the skin would default to the use of clearart when it is available, and revert to the use of a logo when no clearart is present (for both TV and Movies).

HA, I'd like the opposite! I prefer the logo, but would like it to revert to clearart. I don't know if I did something wrong, but the clearart seems stretched out. In any event, due to the problems you were having KroZpOz, and my preference for the logo.png, I believe I changed the DialogSeekBar.xml to dislpay logo.png instead of clearart.png.

On an unrelated issue, is it wrong that I got really happy when a friend of mine came over to watch TV, and when I paused the show, he commented on how awesome my pause screen was? I think this is the sign of a true xbmc nerd!
(2012-06-09, 04:01)Greg_ Wrote: HA, I'd like the opposite! I prefer the logo, but would like it to revert to clearart. I don't know if I did something wrong, but the clearart seems stretched out. In any event, due to the problems you were having KroZpOz, and my preference for the logo.png, I believe I changed the DialogSeekBar.xml to dislpay logo.png instead of clearart.png.

On second thought I think I agree with you Greg_, the logo does look better with this skin. I also modified DialogSeekBar.xml to display only the logo.png when playing movies (which works perfectly), but I am still having difficulty with TV shows. Although I have managed to make the logo appear when the video is paused or while seeking (fast forward and fast reverse), TV show logos still do not appear with the info on-screen display (when the i key is pressed on the keyboard).

Has anyone managed to get logo display fully working with TV shows? If so, perhaps someone could inform me as to where I am going wrong.
It's located in DialogVideoInfo.xml

There should be logo and clearart in there, but commented out...
Currently I can't check it as I'm on tapatalk
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Thanks mad-max, but the setting I was looking for was actually located in VideoFullScreen.xml. I was referring to the info screen that is displayed during playback, rather than the info screen that is displayed while browsing the library.

Below I have included a link to the modified DialogSeekBar.xml and VideoFullScreen.xml for anyone who would like logo only On-screen display for both movies and TV shows.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ij63xab2b86vvy5
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Horizontal Confluence Modded4