• 21(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
my Debug Log:
http://pastebin.com/DupwYP0j

Choosing "last 50 Album":
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
Code:
11:12:08 T:2400   DEBUG: CTextureCache::GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://192.168.1.28:9000/music/b9f5fc68/cover.jpg
11:12:08 T:3260   DEBUG: CTextureCache::GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://192.168.1.28:9000/music/a34e1342/cover.jpg
11:12:08 T:1968   DEBUG: CTextureCache::GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://192.168.1.28:9000/music/48895328/cover.jpg

...those are the requests for artwork, which are failing. Do those urls work if you just use them in a browser?

What exact xbmc are you using? Is that a new git version? I know they have changed the texture cache a lot lately...it may be that your NAS isn't returing the art quickly enough or something??

Just guessing at this stage - a bit more info would help.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Dear All

I have just installed this fantastic repository under openelec. The problem is that when I try to luunch XSquueze I get this error message

"couldn't connect to server. check your sever settings".

I am completely stuck and I really don't know how to get this sorted out.

many thanks in advance for your kind help.

Did you configure the add-on? Did you let it automatically detect your server, or did you manually type in the address?

Please post a debug log, as it can eliminate all the guessing.
Yep sounds like you didn't configure the add on (go to Add Ons->Program Add Ons->XSqueeze, pull up context menu -> Configure -> LMS Server and run the server discovery).

Actually, thinking about it, I should probably also make it auto-detect the first server if one isn't set and get it to just start up with that first server...should be easy enough....
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
OK 0.5.4 pushed, this one will open the settings dialogue if you haven't yet configured a server. You then re-run the addon after configuration and away you go....
(2012-05-23, 07:24)bossanova808 Wrote: OK 0.5.4 pushed, this one will open the settings dialogue if you haven't yet configured a server. You then re-run the addon after configuration and away you go....

Hi bossanova808/sdsnyr94
Thanks for your kind responses.
I will try the new addon tonight as soon as I get home!
I would have thought that the computer where I have installed Opnelec with the XSqueeze addon was my server and as such it was automatically detected. Am I wrong?
Thanks a lot for helping!
Your server is the machine you have Logitech media server running on. It might be your xbmc box, but most often
probably not. Whatever feeds your normal Squeezeboxes basically.
Yesterday i've used it the whole day. Perfectly(!) synced with my Squeezebox-Radio in the kitchen.
Thank you for this Addon. It is one of the best things that could happen in my setting. Finaly a working multiroom feature.

P.S.:
When running the Addon in "synced"-mode, i get at least some fanart.
To be honest, t don't realy care about the covers/fanart etc. The TV is off anyway when i'm using it Wink

But one more question...
Can i use multiple XBMC with this addon? I would like to run two ore three more in different rooms.
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
Yep no worries - just set a different Mac address for each machine in the settings, no probs
First off, nice add-on. I've been waiting on this for quite a while.

I've got one initial issue, and a possible request.
I'm running the add-on on OpenELEC 1.94 beta 4, and the top bar is a little messed up. I've attached an image.

As for the requests, I use Quartz as my theme, any chance of getting you to chat to the developer and sorting in to that?
Also anyway of getting the add-on to be reconised as 'music' so the visualizer comes up as the screensaver?

TIA
Steve.
Yeah I have been thinking of putting out a call for skinners to see if I can get some interest....I am very pushed for time (work, wife recovering from major surgery) - but will do so soon now that XSqueeze is largely stabilised.

It's a limited market for XSqueeze obviously - so hard to say how many will bother - that said, I am planning on posting a message somewhere that points out this is one very easy way to achieve synchronised multi room audio playback via XBMC, much easier I think that any other option I have heard of. Thus that might generate a bit more overall interest and help motivate the skinners.

Doing a basic 'neaten' for their skin would be very easy, it's basically just choosing the right fonts to fit. But they could also make a quite slick screen up if they wanted.

Re: the second part - there will never be any integration with the XBMC player I think, not without months of work implementing slimproto - I just don't have that sort of time. So it can't use the player, and thus can't be a music plugin or tie into visualisations etc in any meaningful way I am afraid.

Has to be said that the way XBMC handles plugin/skin interactions is really too flexible - there should at least be a standard set of fonts and UI widgets we can all use without much hassle to guarantee a basic interface in all skins works ok, and then a super layer on top if the skinners want to get fancy with it. At the moment you're immediately at the mercy of whatever skin fonts are there, and that often foes wrong as you can see....
I've just installed the beta of RaspMC to get XBMC running on my Raspberry Pi. However xSqueeze is not listed in the add ons - presumably as it is not compiled for ARM. How could I go about getting xSqueeze to work on my Pi please?

Thanks!
It's not the XSqueeze you need compiled for ARM, but the squeezeslave binary.... XSqueeze should still work as a controller. And it is not going to be listed in the default XBMC add-ons... you need to add Bossonova808's repo.

Last I checked on the RaspPI forums, there were some successful attempts at compiling squeezeslave on the PI ..... I have not attempted this, since my PI will not arrive for another 3 weeks! Smile

Once you get a functional binary squeezeslave file, you should be good to go from there.
OK cool I'll look to see about compiling SqueezeSlave. Any thoughts why I can't see xSqueeze in the add-ons in XBMC please?
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3