• 16(current)
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand
Thanks Mossy! Great work. Very grateful
Hi Mossy,

what platform do you run xbmc ?, if it's linux xbmcbuntu, where is the path to rtmpdump,so I can download 4oD programs , I'm stumpedConfused
Thanks Mossy, now working for me on Atv2
@hasselhof

You should be able to find where rtmpdump is by typing the following on a command line:

Code:
which rtmpdump

If that command doesn't do anything then rtmpdump isn't installed (or is not on your shell path - unlikely)
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
hi guys ive got apple tv 1 running xbmc 11 eden how do i get 4od working on atv 1 im using cyberducky on pc to transfer files etc to it
@ mossy thank you very much for your hard work, working fine now on ATV 2, cheers
@ mossy Thanks for the hard work, but unfortunately download doesn't work for me. When i click download the notification just pops up and tells me it's starting and finished without downloading anything.
Is anyone actively working on proxy functionality for this like bbc iplayer has?
Version 1.0.3

Repository is here (Download and install as an add-on, get automatic updates when new versions of the plugin come out)

The plugin can be downloaded directly here .

Note There are changed files and additional files in this version, so replacing default.py won't work this time.

Change log
Version 1.0.3 (03 June 2012)

- Added sort by Latest, Most Popular, or alphabetically

- Added SOCK4 proxy support. Can only be used with proxies that do not require a username/password.

- Added paging so that only 50 programmes are listed at a time, within a category. Can be turned off in the settings.

- Display a proper error message when Homeland (or other programmes with the same problem) fail.
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
Just installed this .... sort of works. Still get script errors when trying to access certain programmes, eg. 8 out 10 Cats.

Any ideas?
awesome, proxy support!!
Anyone know a reliable non username/pw proxy service?

Or is there any chances that username/password support might be coming soon? :-)
(2012-06-04, 01:03)Mossy Wrote: Version 1.0.3

Repository is here (Download and install as an add-on, get automatic updates when new versions of the plugin come out)

The plugin can be downloaded directly here .

Note There are changed files and additional files in this version, so replacing default.py won't work this time.

Change log
Version 1.0.3 (03 June 2012)

- Added sort by Latest, Most Popular, or alphabetically

- Added SOCK4 proxy support. Can only be used with proxies that do not require a username/password.

- Added paging so that only 50 programmes are listed at a time, within a category. Can be turned off in the settings.

- Display a proper error message when Homeland (or other programmes with the same problem) fail.

Thanks for taking this over, I have a small request though.

Can you consider changing the content type from 'tvshows' to 'episodes' so the images don't get distorted because they're actually episode proportions and not poster.

Before (content='tvshows')

After (content='episodes')

Thanks.
@buges

Can you play the video you're trying to download?
Have you set the default download folder in the settings?
Do you have permission to write to this folder?
Is there anything written to the folder, even an empty file?
What OS?

Can you please post a debug xbmc log?

Also try this version of default.py, see if it makes a difference.

@castalla
The xbmc.log will show the script error. Can you post a debug log?

Also pick an episode "8 out of 10 cats" that doesn't work and try it 4 or 5 times (wait for the script error then try again straight away). That usually works for me when I have problems with the iPlayer plugin.
(2012-06-04, 15:37)idlerobbo Wrote: awesome, proxy support!!
Anyone know a reliable non username/pw proxy service?

Or is there any chances that username/password support might be coming soon? :-)

Username/password support will only come if I (or someone else) figures out how to do it via lib/rtmp/dump. Don't bet on it happening.

Update: It may simply be a matter of specifying the server in the following format in the settings: username:password@HOST

If that works for you I'll add seperate settings for the username and password.

BTW There's a bug in a 1.0.3 preventing proxy support from working. Change this in default.py:

Code:
    if proxy_use == True:

to

Code:
    if proxy_use == 'true':

I will include this fix in the next release.

@Hitcher

The problem as I see it is that some Views stretch landscape tvshow images into portraits. This the same with the iPlayer and ITV plugins. Solution: Use a different view.
TV Shows and Movies = Portraits
Episodes = Landscapes

At lot of skins, including my own, have specific views dependant on the content so if the content is set to TV Shows then only Portrait views will be available and not Landscape.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand1