• 378(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
(2012-05-26, 06:38)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 06:36)voip-ninja Wrote: As always I greatly appreciate all of the development efforts that are undertaken for the benefit of users like myself, however Nox updated to 3.0 today and not really digging it (navigation is slower, lost the "eject" option from the shutdown menu for discs, etc).

How can I roll back, I was really really happy with 2.0?

open nox addon page in addon browser and click on rollback.

Thanks. Unfortunately, even after rolling back and restarting XBMC with the rolled back skin, I no longer have an "eject" choice under the shutdown menu. I definitely had this prior to updating to this skin.

Is there some way of getting the eject submenu item back, building it as a favorite, etc? We watch quite a few rental discs and now the only way to eject the disc is to exit XBMC and soft-eject the disc via Windows.
(2012-05-26, 18:32)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 06:38)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 06:36)voip-ninja Wrote: As always I greatly appreciate all of the development efforts that are undertaken for the benefit of users like myself, however Nox updated to 3.0 today and not really digging it (navigation is slower, lost the "eject" option from the shutdown menu for discs, etc).

How can I roll back, I was really really happy with 2.0?

open nox addon page in addon browser and click on rollback.

Thanks. Unfortunately, even after rolling back and restarting XBMC with the rolled back skin, I no longer have an "eject" choice under the shutdown menu. I definitely had this prior to updating to this skin.

Is there some way of getting the eject submenu item back, building it as a favorite, etc? We watch quite a few rental discs and now the only way to eject the disc is to exit XBMC and soft-eject the disc via Windows.

you could also map the eject function to a button on your remote or to a main / submenu item.
it should definitely re-appear when you rollback.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-05-26, 19:18)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 18:32)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 06:38)phil65 Wrote: open nox addon page in addon browser and click on rollback.

you could also map the eject function to a button on your remote or to a main / submenu item.

It did not re-appear. I will have to find out if a shortcut key can be mapped to eject in XBMC and then I can map it onto my Harmony remote. Kind of frustrating, I didn't want to be goofing around with this stuff on a holiday weekend but now that it's busted I will end up messing around until I can fix it.
(2012-05-26, 20:19)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 19:18)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 18:32)voip-ninja Wrote: Thanks. Unfortunately, even after rolling back and restarting XBMC with the rolled back skin, I no longer have an "eject" choice under the shutdown menu. I definitely had this prior to updating to this skin.

It did not re-appear. I will have to find out if a shortcut key can be mapped to eject in XBMC and then I can map it onto my Harmony remote. Kind of frustrating, I didn't want to be goofing around with this stuff on a holiday weekend but now that it's busted I will end up messing around until I can fix it.

again: if you rollback everything is the same. not possible that the setup differs to the one you had before. just not possible.
yes, the mapping is easy. just add "EjectTray()" as a keymap command or as a custom function to a main/submenuitem if you want that.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
I can only report what I have seen, which is that last week I had an "eject" item in the shutdown menu, and then this week (first time I've launched XBMC in a few days) I launch XBMC, Aeon Nox updates, and my eject item is gone from the shutdown menu.

And rolling back does not make everything the same, as I lost all of my custom wallpapers, etc, when I did roll back.

Thanks for the information on the EjectTray command, I will try to add that as a menu item.
(2012-05-27, 00:02)voip-ninja Wrote: I can only report what I have seen, which is that last week I had an "eject" item in the shutdown menu, and then this week (first time I've launched XBMC in a few days) I launch XBMC, Aeon Nox updates, and my eject item is gone from the shutdown menu.

And rolling back does not make everything the same, as I lost all of my custom wallpapers, etc, when I did roll back.

Thanks for the information on the EjectTray command, I will try to add that as a menu item.

then post your guisettings.xml. it´s not possible that your old settings got lost.
and, even if you disagree: the skin is the same for you now than before. (didn´t look at the eject button control, perhaps that button only shows up when you have a cd put in?)
Anyone else having problems customizing the label and background of the 'Play Disc' main menu option?
It just seems to ignore any changes I make.
(2012-05-27, 12:10)t22design Wrote: Anyone else having problems customizing the label and background of the 'Play Disc' main menu option?
It just seems to ignore any changes I make.

you´re right, it´s a bug. will be fixed for next release (which won´t take too long because of the remote bug some people are experiencing)
thx
(2012-05-27, 03:03)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-27, 00:02)voip-ninja Wrote: I can only report what I have seen, which is that last week I had an "eject" item in the shutdown menu, and then this week (first time I've launched XBMC in a few days) I launch XBMC, Aeon Nox updates, and my eject item is gone from the shutdown menu.

then post your guisettings.xml. it´s not possible that your old settings got lost.
and, even if you disagree: the skin is the same for you now than before. (didn´t look at the eject button control, perhaps that button only shows up when you have a cd put in?)

Sorry for the delay Phil. Yes, you are right, that menu selection normally only shows up when a CD is inserted, and it no longer shows up (with a CD inserted). At this point I'm over it, as your advice to create a favorite with the requisite eject function has proved to be a good workaround for me (although it would be nice if I could create a sub-menu for the "play disc" item in the main menu and put the eject favorite there, I can't find a way to do that). However, in the interest of completeness, here's the guisettings file;

http://audi-fan.home.comcast.net/~audi-f...ttings.xml
So initially the "rollback" worked like a charm for me, but now it reverts to the updated skin every time I restart XBMC. Is there some way to stop it from doing this? I can't seem to find a setting for this. It worked perfect for awhile the first time I rolled back and lasted for days, but now it literally reverts to ver. 3 every single time I close it.
(2012-06-05, 00:08)cheeksmonkey Wrote: So initially the "rollback" worked like a charm for me, but now it reverts to the updated skin every time I restart XBMC. Is there some way to stop it from doing this? I can't seem to find a setting for this. It worked perfect for awhile the first time I rolled back and lasted for days, but now it literally reverts to ver. 3 every single time I close it.

bit of reading would help Confused
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133107
Thanks, sorry about that. I literally just had this thread bookmarked for the official thread and clearly didn't think to look elsewhere.
(2011-12-17, 15:21)Thiele Wrote:
acandido Wrote:Hi Big Noid,

Not sure when this started happening, but I'm on the latest SVN (Updated Dec 17) and see a stretched out banner in the TV Show Info screen where I used to see a poster. I'm using the Bannerplex view and have used Artwork Downloader to grab all my artwork. Is it possible to have the TV Info screen default to folder.jpg or poster.jpg?

Thanks

I think it's System > Skin > Viewtype > Use poster.jpg for poster style viewtypes

I'm having the same issue...any viewtype where it should have a poster, it shows a stretched out banner. I don't seem to have the setting that is mentioned above...when i go to system > skin > viewtype, I see on/off flags for all the view types (bannerplex, tripanel, low list, etc.), but there are no options, and certainly nothing that says 'use poster.jpg for poster style viewtypes'. I'm using the stable build of eden, but I also tried downloading the nightly build and saw the same options. Would love some help on this, thanks!

(2011-03-13, 19:23)Shinu Wrote: thanx for the Weather+ support Noid. It doesn't seem to go further than the "Fetching forecast info..." part for me though. not sure why. MQ2 is releasing his skin with Weather+ support too, so maybe you'd want to take a look at his code rather than the Confluence skin, seeing as they're both so similar.

I have a couple suggestions concerning it and some other things....

1. is it possible to have the main screen show some kind of weather info without having to enter into the menu itself? also, can u put the weather icon and temp reading on any screen that the time panel is enabled?

2. is it also possible to have the background for the weather section change depending on the weather conditions?

3. this is a minor thing, but can u reduce the font size for the options on the left in the new weather+ screen? personally i find it a tad bit too large, but again, it's not really important.

4. is it possible to have the "Extrathumbs" layout option for the Infopanels show 4 thumbs instead of 2 (2 on each side) and may be put the info as it's laid out in the "Fanart" view in the middle? Like this...

i for one have multiple extrathumbs so the extra pics on the left would be nice. let me kno what u think of these suggestions.

Can anyone please help me with what skin this picture is? ive been looking all over for it but cant find it Sad
Since it was in Aeon Nox 2.0 forums, Ill assume it was Aeon Nox 2.0...a LONG since depreciated skin.
  • 378(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)29