• 26(current)
[RELEASE] XeeBo - Dharma
Thanks Hitcher for the effort - it's the only XBMC skin I like. I'm on alternative home page layout and have got some questions for you.

How hard and/or desirable would be to implement by you or anyone the following extras:

1. Make left vertical menu bar almost hidden by default (like the right one), so pressing left arrow will open it.
2. Providing #1, expand custom items count to 18 (6 x 3) or 20 (5 x 4) and assign "quick dial" numbers 1-9 or 0-9 to custom items using short and long button press events.
3. Expand Shutdown menu to have Timer on a configurable action (like do suspend, not only shutdown as it's now). Add Logoff option. Localize strings for those items.

Thanks again!
1. 'Alternate' was made due to requests for the main menu to be visible on the home screen.

2. I wont be adding anything else to XeeBo as I'm busy on other skins but you should be able to use your remote to launch most custom things.

3. Not sure what you mean about the Timer but other shutdown options (Suspend, Hibernate, etc) are visible as long as your system supports them. I didn't add log off as it's always available in the main menu.

Thanks.
1. I see. Default is no go for me as need max amount of ready to use predefined buttons directly on the home page. Default layout allows only one row of them. Adding second one will just copy the row above. Or did I getting it wrong?

2. Could you please throw a row doing that for EventGhost or skin's xml file, let's say key 5 press calling custom button #5?

3A. I don't see Windows user log off on alt layout. Am I blind?

3B. Currently Timer does only Shutdown. As I need maintain IR remote ON button functionality, my default shutdown action have to be Suspend. So I'll have to rewrite the skin's xml. The best approach would be an option for the Timer, what action it performs, i.e. Shutdown, Suspend, Hibernate, etc.

3C. Also, adding Shutdown menu to the list (in Settings) that requires password confirmation may be valuable for some.

I need clean look, speed and functionality from the skin, what skin would you suggest for my case?
TIA
Bug 
Looks like both XeeBo 4.0.4 from official XBMC repo as well as XeeBo 4.0.4.55 (SVN) do not offer Resume functionality. Works on default XBMC installation with Confluence, but with XeeBo resuming is not offered anymore.
(2012-06-07, 19:31)x3mist Wrote: Looks like both XeeBo 4.0.4 from official XBMC repo as well as XeeBo 4.0.4.55 (SVN) do not offer Resume functionality. Works on default XBMC installation with Confluence, but with XeeBo resuming is not offered anymore.

Nothing to do with the skin; it's handled by XBMC.

And what's XeeBo 4.0.4.55 (SVN)?
(2012-06-07, 19:33)Hitcher Wrote:
(2012-06-07, 19:31)x3mist Wrote: Looks like both XeeBo 4.0.4 from official XBMC repo as well as XeeBo 4.0.4.55 (SVN) do not offer Resume functionality. Works on default XBMC installation with Confluence, but with XeeBo resuming is not offered anymore.

Nothing to do with the skin; it's handled by XBMC.

And what's XeeBo 4.0.4.55 (SVN)?

No idea. I'm just reporting that Resume works in Confluence but not in XeeBo. Checked on 2 Win7-64 machines. Does it work for you?

4.0.4.55 (SVN) probably came from one of the unofficial repos I have in my system when evaluated different skins. Your name set as the Author, and its log most recent item shows 4.0.3, so maybe it's a fake? Your repo has v.4.0.3, that probably means you've updated the official XBMC one only...

Edit: Forgot to mention that both XBMC installs are portable (-p).
Edit 2: maybe DialogContextMenu.xml <onclick>XBMC.PlayMedia($ESCINFO[ListItem.Trailer],noresume)</onclick> has something to do with it?

Edit3: I'll eat my words back, at least partly. It looks that Resume works but not consistently. Somehow it may not work on smaller files, sometimes it won't work on the same file like 1.3 GB in size, sometimes work. Don't know why such basic feature is still a problematic on XBMC.
There's a limit at the beginning and end that XBMC ignores for resuming.

And now I've released the Eden version it's only available from the official repo so 4.0.4 is the most up-to-date.
(2012-06-07, 23:41)Hitcher Wrote: There's a limit at the beginning and end that XBMC ignores for resuming.
Thanks for the info. Just wondering why there is this extra complication that might confuse and limit consistency one might expect.

Will Alaska HD have a home page layout that could be filled with custom items all the way with side menus minimized?
(2012-06-08, 01:23)x3mist Wrote:
(2012-06-07, 23:41)Hitcher Wrote: There's a limit at the beginning and end that XBMC ignores for resuming.
Thanks for the info. Just wondering why there is this extra complication that might confuse and limit consistency one might expect.

Will Alaska HD have a home page layout that could be filled with custom items all the way with side menus minimized?

I guess it's because you might start something quickly to check it and you wouldn't want a resume from 30 seconds, and most of us don't bother watching the end credits but still want it marked as watched.
(2012-06-08, 09:57)Hitcher Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 01:23)x3mist Wrote:

I guess it's because you might start something quickly to check it and you wouldn't want a resume from 30 seconds, and most of us don't bother watching the end credits but still want it marked as watched.

Likewise I'd like to (pre)skip the very beginning and stop there to be ready to push the button to watch it later from the actual start.
And another thing it's look like the skip resuming doesn't take the total length very seriously (i.e. proportionally) so it will skip resume unexpectedly frequent on short pieces. IMO there is room for improvement the skipping algo.

Can you hint how to map a number on the remote to a custom home item within XeeBo? Thanks!
You can change the start (ignoresecondsatstart) and end (ignorepercentatend) points -

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Cvideo.3E

Key mapping -

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard.xml
(2012-06-08, 11:57)Hitcher Wrote: You can change the start (ignoresecondsatstart) and end (ignorepercentatend) points -
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Cvideo.3E
Wow, that's definitely better than nothing, thank you for the hint! Now resume on start easily fixed, great!

Quote:Key mapping -
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard.xml
I know about keyboard.xml, but the question is what's the right name of home page custom item button in XeeBo?

Also, how can I force initial selecting (incl. focus) of the central home page custom item (#8) on XBMC startup? Sometimes it focused on left menu, sometimes on on of the custom items. Time to time it has focus (selected), other times not.
You'd have to edit the home.xml to get it to focus on something else.
On the home screen, is it possible to make pressing the "info" button on my remote open the information dialog for the selected video? I mean in the "newly added movies/episodes" lists. I've tried to edit the keyboard.xml file with no success.
Hi hitcher,

I don't know if you're aware but the latest version of Xeebo is unusable on Dharma. I'm also using your repo to keep up to date with iPlayer, so could you bump the requires xbmc.gui version so that I don't get offered to update to it?
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XeeBo - Dharma3