• 6(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
Love the app, just wish there was a button for the context menu on the remote.
Hmm. That is what the menu button on the remote is supposed to do. It is the one that looks like a menu list. But it isn't doing anything on Exen when in a list.
thank you guys for your support!

(2012-06-07, 02:49)jhoude Wrote: 1. Option to change song selection bevavior

Let me explain. Right now if you press a song, it starts playing it. Having an option to queue the song instead would be great. I know that I can long press and select queue but I'm lazy Smile Seriously, it can also avoid mistakes (long press intended but for some reason a single press was catched, boom no more playlist...).
Understood. A system option where to choose the default behavior (play or enqueue) when selecting a song should be a good compromise.
jhoude Wrote:2. A single click button to clear the playlist

Nothing to add for that one Smile
it's missing to me too Big Grin
(2012-06-07, 02:50)Remaheet Wrote: I was wondering if you could add an ability to download all cache, covers and stuffs once for all (music, movies etc)? I don't know if you see what I mean but when navigate through albums, the album covers for example, even already pre-cached a minute ago, appears with the black cover for a moment, there is a delay.
a compromise not to fill the device memory, if you drag without leave the finger from the display, the cover is preloaded before you can see it. I will try to optimize this behavior.
(2012-06-07, 02:50)Remaheet Wrote: Also I don't know if it's my network or if it's cache related but also sometimes opening movie or album list take a while before appearing, normal?
maybe xbmc media hard drives goes in standby after some time? let me know if you have configured harddisk standby on the xbmc machine, otherwise we will continue to investigate.
(2012-06-07, 02:50)Remaheet Wrote: FInally, but here that's just my opinion,I think the UI should get a graphic touch more iOs related again to get really closed to perfect. At least with a few elements.. But I think you already got that suggestion from someone who offer you some help for that in a previous post? Otherwise I'll be glad to help when I get some time, at least doing some mockups, ideas or something if you want.
help is always much appreciated, thank you!
(2012-06-07, 04:26)josh.lawless Wrote: Any way to show only unwatched?
I will look into the feasibility , thank for your feedback.
(2012-06-07, 04:31)Abud Wrote: Would it be possible to have a button on the remote to change aspect ratio mode ? I made a custom mode that I use for movies and it would be a time saver to have a button to quickly switch between modes.

Also, for people that use the file mode because thay find it too time consuming to maintain a library. Would it be possible for the app to display the folder.jpg bitmaps in the folders the way xbmc commander do ? I download the movie covers of the movies and it's cool to browse them on the phone when something is playing without the need to maintain a library in xbmc.
I will look into this feasibility too, thank for your feedback.

(2012-06-07, 04:59)ZACH Wrote: Love the app, just wish there was a button for the context menu on the remote.
and... I will look into this feasibility too, as kricker says this task should be accomplished by the button that looks like a menu list.

CALLING FOR tmmellor1981: I saw that you have problems with the movies list. You wrote this on facebook, on appStore customers reviews but why don't you join into the forum and so together do debugging? otherwise it's hard that I can help you to solve your issue
Also be careful not to make it too complicated and bloated with features...

I kind of like the simpleness of it, even my girlfriend can use it now Smile
(2012-06-07, 10:48)zag Wrote: Also be careful not to make it too complicated and bloated with features...

I kind of like the simpleness of it, even my girlfriend can use it now Smile
Absolutely, my mom and my father are my beta tester Big Grin

EDIT:
in the meanwhile a new 1.1.1 version has been submitted to apple with this change log:
- added "Recently added albums", "Recently added songs" and "All Songs" sections for music library ("more" button)
- displaying media jewel cases has become an option, disabled by default.
- capability to enqueue item/s after current playing item (long pressure gesture)
(2012-05-06, 21:03)xburchartz Wrote: I would love to try this on my iPad2. However, because I don't like to lose my jailbreak, I'm still on iOS 4. Why is iOS 5 needed for this program?

untethered jailbreak is available for the latest apple update iOS 5.1.1.
I installed the app and I am having problems with it, and I am not sure where to turn since xbmc commander and my android xbmc remote are not having these problems.

I have four HTPC in my house running XBMC, using mysql with the database on synology NAS. I have tried using two of them with the remote app, and when I connect to the xbmc host and then hit 'Watch your Movies' it sits there and wheel spins, and then it comes back and says nothing is playing and loses connection to the XBMC client(as it says no connection). This also happens using 'Watch your TV Shows'. The device is still checked but I cannot reconnect to it for a minute or so. Unsure if I am doing something wrong, because my android remote XBMC app is not having these issues. Thank you.

I also wanted to add I am using this on a New iPad(3rd gen) and a 1st gen iPad, and both have the same issue.
(2012-06-07, 04:59)ZACH Wrote: Love the app, just wish there was a button for the context menu on the remote.

This is an awesome work!! I just downloaded today for the first time and I'm very impressed by how polished your app is.

I couldn't get the context button to work either, i.e. I was trying to update my TV shows library so I had to go back to my Android Remote to do it.
(2012-06-08, 00:51)amcfarla Wrote: when I connect to the xbmc host and then hit 'Watch your Movies' it sits there and wheel spins, and then it comes back and says nothing is playing and loses connection to the XBMC client(as it says no connection). This also happens using 'Watch your TV Shows'. The device is still checked but I cannot reconnect to it for a minute or so. Unsure if I am doing something wrong, because my android remote XBMC app is not having these issues. Thank you.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, something isn't working as it should. How long the wheel spins?
There are 30 seconds of timeout. After that, if xbmc continues to not responding, the app assumes that the connection was lost. From the XBMC GUI if you try to access to the movie or tvshows library the output list is immediately available or is there a delay too?

(2012-06-08, 02:44)Yoshuacas Wrote: I couldn't get the context button to work either, i.e. I was trying to update my TV shows library so I had to go back to my Android Remote to do it.
definitely the context menu button isn't working as a context menu. At the moment it's acting as menu button (keyboard "m" to better explain) , so I'm thinking that I will setup this button as context menu when a long press occurs.
Love this app.

Only thing that slightly bugs me is I've no idea what I've watched when browsing through tv shows etc.

Apart from that this is perfect.
Nice one.
Can you make one for ipad? Big Grin
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
(2012-06-08, 12:55)unabatedshagie Wrote: Only thing that slightly bugs me is I've no idea what I've watched when browsing through tv shows etc.
It's already in my TODO list!!! thank you for the kind words.

(2012-06-08, 13:33)Baswazz Wrote: Can you make one for ipad? Big Grin
... hum... something like this?

it's already universal Tongue
Hi, Great work! This is the best XBMC remote app I've tried.

Sorry if you've answered this before, I'm having a issue. The application crashes when I load my movies. Could it be linked to the number of movies? I have close to 400. When I was loading my library, it work great until about 250.

Again thanks, I hope I can use your app in the future.
(2012-06-08, 14:40)Inkorporate Wrote: Hi, Great work! This is the best XBMC remote app I've tried.

Sorry if you've answered this before, I'm having a issue. The application crashes when I load my movies. Could it be linked to the number of movies? I have close to 400. When I was loading my library, it work great until about 250.

Again thanks, I hope I can use your app in the future.
Thank you very much for your feedback! I think that you have pointed me to right direction where to debug: never tried with this number of movies, I have a script that generates for me fake movies to be added to xbmc for scraping and I've tried until 200. Maybe there is some mistake into the code. I will try this evening to figure out this bug and thank you again for your feedback! (maybe is the same issue that occurs to tmmellor1981...)
(2012-06-08, 08:41)joethefox Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 00:51)amcfarla Wrote: when I connect to the xbmc host and then hit 'Watch your Movies' it sits there and wheel spins, and then it comes back and says nothing is playing and loses connection to the XBMC client(as it says no connection). This also happens using 'Watch your TV Shows'. The device is still checked but I cannot reconnect to it for a minute or so. Unsure if I am doing something wrong, because my android remote XBMC app is not having these issues. Thank you.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, something isn't working as it should. How long the wheel spins?
There are 30 seconds of timeout. After that, if xbmc continues to not responding, the app assumes that the connection was lost. From the XBMC GUI if you try to access to the movie or tvshows library the output list is immediately available or is there a delay too?

(2012-06-08, 02:44)Yoshuacas Wrote: I couldn't get the context button to work either, i.e. I was trying to update my TV shows library so I had to go back to my Android Remote to do it.
definitely the context menu button isn't working as a context menu. At the moment it's acting as menu button (keyboard "m" to better explain) , so I'm thinking that I will setup this button as context menu when a long press occurs.

No, none of my other devices are having this issue. If I go to the website(ip address:8080) it brings up the TV shows and Movies about as quick as XBMC for android and XBMC Commander for iPad. The wheel spins for about 30 seconds, and then that is when it loses connection for about a minute.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8