• 80(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
DL'd v1..0.5_fix6 and installed.
SQLite error no such tableConfusedources

Again, could not load a path to my movies.

Seems I'm not the only one:
http://ember.purplepig.net/boards/2/topics/10

Thanks for continuing to offer help
(2012-06-05, 23:00)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-06-05, 22:22)ciris Wrote: Wow, that's and old version. Check the new one. You can find it in the topicstart.

Dont take the version from topicstart. This version have a SQL error. Take the version from my signature.

Why are these "fixes" not in the topic starter or updated in a separate post here? It becomes difficult when we have to search for the updates in people's signatures. But thank you. I will try this tonight.
Over at the Boxee Box forum Darcilicious a super moderator there gave a link for the newest Ember version:
http://ember.purplepig.net/projects/embermm/files

v1.3.0.5.7z

I installed and specified the path to my movies and the program locked up once I started scraping. I disabled notifications (thanks Chris) and restarted the program and now its humming along just fine. Fingers crossed.
Spoke too soon.
Started really nice, then after about 30-40 movies were scraped correctly the program just started shooting through the list not tagging anything.
(2012-06-05, 23:00)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-06-05, 22:22)ciris Wrote: Wow, that's and old version. Check the new one. You can find it in the topicstart.

Dont take the version from topicstart. This version have a SQL error. Thake the version from my signature.

Rocks,

Try Dan's fixes. I will tonight also.
hey all having some issues on wrapping my head around the naming conventions for two, three and four part tv episodes. Could someone offer some pointers? I would appreciate it.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Thanks for the suggestion crimsonfury. I re-scraped and most everything was caught on the second run.

I added a folder and couldnt get the program to recognize that, so I'll be working on that and adding TV content today.

Thanks for developing this program whoever you are. I remember reading about a thousand pages ago who it was that picked up this effort, and I apologize for not remembering, but let me say thank you very much for your efforts, I really appreciate it.

My bad...I didnt have "scan recursively" checked. The new content is in. Thanks again for this great program!

Also, after doing some searching it would seem Chris Motch has taken this on, so thanks Chris!
I'm adding a few Ken Burns documentaries which prove to be a little difficult.

For example the documentary "The War" by Ken Burns. When I scrape there are 3 results, one of the results is correct, the poster thumbnail even shows, so I click OK and the poster for "War" with Jason Statham comes up. I click cancel because obviously thats not the right poster. The details page is correct so I save that as an NFO.

I noticed that when scanning for the correct poster there is a note that IMPAward.com and MoviePosterDB.com is not enabled, how do I enable those and do you suppose it will help this problem?

I have the specific IMDB show number, for example the documentary "The War" is tt0996994 but that doesnt produce any poster or fanart. There is a lot of content on the web concerning this documentary but nothing comes up and I'm wondering why.
Although right now I play my media through a Boxee I intend to move to XBMC.
Should I be scraping XML? The settings for movie scraping include Ember Native movie scraper as well as XML movie scraper, should I be using both?
I figure the more info the better, the more able to be used by multiple media players...yes?
(2012-06-08, 14:53)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: hey all having some issues on wrapping my head around the naming conventions for two, three and four part tv episodes. Could someone offer some pointers? I would appreciate it.

Which episodes? Are they listed at thetvdb?
(2012-06-08, 16:51)rocks911 Wrote: Although right now I play my media through a Boxee I intend to move to XBMC.
Should I be scraping XML? The settings for movie scraping include Ember Native movie scraper as well as XML movie scraper, should I be using both?
I figure the more info the better, the more able to be used by multiple media players...yes?

XBMC will read the .nfo files. So your Ember settings should reflect those.

(2012-06-08, 16:07)rocks911 Wrote: I'm adding a few Ken Burns documentaries which prove to be a little difficult.

For example the documentary "The War" by Ken Burns. When I scrape there are 3 results, one of the results is correct, the poster thumbnail even shows, so I click OK and the poster for "War" with Jason Statham comes up. I click cancel because obviously thats not the right poster. The details page is correct so I save that as an NFO.

I noticed that when scanning for the correct poster there is a note that IMPAward.com and MoviePosterDB.com is not enabled, how do I enable those and do you suppose it will help this problem?

I have the specific IMDB show number, for example the documentary "The War" is tt0996994 but that doesnt produce any poster or fanart. There is a lot of content on the web concerning this documentary but nothing comes up and I'm wondering why.

For The War, you might want to set it as a TV Show, since it is a mini series. So while you are using the IMDB number, you may want the fanart and poster information found on thetvdb

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...8725&lid=7

(2012-06-05, 21:18)rocks911 Wrote: Nevermind, found it.
Doesnt lock up now, but also doesnt return many results.

Is there a program that works better, or is this cutting edge?

Ember should be able to find everything, so long as your naming convention is correct. If it isn't, then it won't.

I tend to run my tv-shows through "Renamer" before operating Ember - because that guarantees it will run smoothly. Renamer will rename them to an acceptable format. If Renamer errors, then Ember definitely will and I can fix the naming scheme before scraping with EMM-r
(2012-06-05, 22:16)rocks911 Wrote: I tried using Ember portable 1.2.2385, couldnt even successfully add a source. I specified the path but the OK button never illuminated.
Six hours later, no joy.
Try another day.
Any help would be appreciated.

Yes I chose recursive scanning.
I followed this tutorial:http://www.howtogeek.com/61976/how-to-use-ember-media-manager-to-whip-your-media-collection-into-shape/

This is how these things seem to go, I think its the W7 64 bit machine, I have nothing but trouble with it getting along with other programs.

Thanks Chris for taking the time, I really appreciate the kindness of strangers

I am running W7 on a 64 machine and I've yet to have a problem. I know you were asking above if it had to do with mkv or avi, but that should make no difference either. I think a lot of it has to do with naming convention.

Try manually scraping them, individually, rather than as a batch. Does it still encounter problems? If so, then it is almost certainly your naming scheme.
(2012-06-09, 01:02)fional Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 14:53)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: hey all having some issues on wrapping my head around the naming conventions for two, three and four part tv episodes. Could someone offer some pointers? I would appreciate it.

Which episodes? Are they listed at thetvdb?
(2012-06-08, 16:51)rocks911 Wrote: Although right now I play my media through a Boxee I intend to move to XBMC.

XBMC will read the .nfo files. So your Ember settings should reflect those.

(2012-06-08, 16:07)rocks911 Wrote: I'm adding a few Ken Burns documentaries which prove to be a little difficult.

For The War, you might want to set it as a TV Show, since it is a mini series. So while you are using the IMDB number, you may want the fanart and poster information found on thetvdb

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...8725&lid=7

(2012-06-05, 21:18)rocks911 Wrote: Nevermind, found it.
Doesnt lock up now, but also doesnt return many results.

Is there a program that works better, or is this cutting edge?

Ember should be able to find everything, so long as your naming convention is correct. If it isn't, then it won't.

I tend to run my tv-shows through "Renamer" before operating Ember - because that guarantees it will run smoothly. Renamer will rename them to an acceptable format. If Renamer errors, then Ember definitely will and I can fix the naming scheme before scraping with EMM-r

Yeah they are listed on Thetvdb the one that I can think of right off the top of my head at the moment is the A-Team.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Hello,

first of all thanks for your work on this great tool.

I wanted to mention a bug which has been existing for all versions of EMM since I use it.

I user Ember so scrape DVDs which consist of the VIDEO_TS.IFO files etc. The nfos and tbn files created by Ember, however, are named video_ts.nfo and video_ts.tbn.

This works fine on a windows system, however my line & atv2 does not recognize these files.
I wrote script which does change the names automatically, but I believe it would be nice if this could get fixes.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Thanks for the replies.
Yes I think the multi part Ken Burns series need to be in the TV section. I have several Ken Burns documentaries that dont appear in the TVDB database. I just wanted them all to be either TV or Movie, but clearly that aint happening. I'm sure it would be a headache but it would be nice if you could enter a IMDB ID# into the TVDB field and vice versa, it would make this easier.
Here is the TVDB listing for most of the documentary episodes I have, but I'm not finding a unique ID# and some of the more obscure episodes dont appear at all:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=84839&lid=7

I guess I'm just a dummy, but this Ken Burns series is keeping me in this chair far longer than I thought it would.
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26