• 42(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
(2012-06-11, 03:02)shanndogg Wrote: When using the Landscape view mode in "Movies" with "Logo" selected as your view type icon- what can you do for Movie collections? Since logos aren't available for every movie, I know I can add a logo.png of the folder (poster) image for individual movies, but it won't let me for collections. Is there any way around this?
To clarify a bit better- is there a way to add a logo to collections when using Landscape mode? If not, how can you at least add a thumb do it doesn't just show the XBMC tv icon?

I would enjoy movie set icons, and to push the discussion in the right direction I have taken the liberty to create a movie set logo for the Back to the Future Trilogy and uploaded it to the fanart.tv website. Find it here once the logo is approved (if it is)Big Grin

Now, its clearly possible for us to create the logos and add them to the fanart site. What would need to be changed/ added in order for these logos to work? Is it currently possible? If not I can submit a trac ticket.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I think the problem is collections only give you the option to set a "thumbnail", so if you have "logos" selected to be displayed in landscape mode, you get nothing. I am hoping to see if there is something I am missing or a work around someone can come up with as I think landscaped-logos view is the best.
(2012-06-11, 05:56)htpc guy Wrote:
(2012-06-11, 03:02)shanndogg Wrote: When using the Landscape view mode in "Movies" with "Logo" selected as your view type icon- what can you do for Movie collections? Since logos aren't available for every movie, I know I can add a logo.png of the folder (poster) image for individual movies, but it won't let me for collections. Is there any way around this?
To clarify a bit better- is there a way to add a logo to collections when using Landscape mode? If not, how can you at least add a thumb do it doesn't just show the XBMC tv icon?

I would enjoy movie set icons, and to push the discussion in the right direction I have taken the liberty to create a movie set logo for the Back to the Future Trilogy and uploaded it to the fanart.tv website. Find it here once the logo is approved (if it is)Big Grin

Now, its clearly possible for us to create the logos and add them to the fanart site. What would need to be changed/ added in order for these logos to work? Is it currently possible? If not I can submit a trac ticket.

(2012-06-11, 06:15)shanndogg Wrote: I think the problem is collections only give you the option to set a "thumbnail", so if you have "logos" selected to be displayed in landscape mode, you get nothing. I am hoping to see if there is something I am missing or a work around someone can come up with as I think landscaped-logos view is the best.

Also, the root of the problem lies in the fact that a "set" is nothing more than a tag in an .nfo file. It's not a physical folder for you to drop your artwork into. If you ever have to import your library, or rescan the library after deleting your sources, you'll notice that you have to add your set thumbs and fanarts all over again. There's just nowhere for the files to be dumped.

But... following that same logic, you'd think that you'd be able to link a logo in the same manner as a thumb or fanart. I'm guessing that the images are just cached anyhow.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
entering TV Shows/Movies takes about 4 seconds on my low rig... would love if u could optimise it for better times or even just a nice pretty loading sign?

other than that, fantastic TBH.
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
(2012-06-11, 06:33)thrak76 Wrote: But... following that same logic, you'd think that you'd be able to link a logo in the same manner as a thumb or fanart. I'm guessing that the images are just cached anyhow.

thumb+fanart are actual database fields. Logos are skin hacks so not possible
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
on pseudoTV, its not looking very good. it just shows the info at the top. have i got an error or something?
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
(2012-06-11, 10:52)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-06-11, 06:33)thrak76 Wrote: But... following that same logic, you'd think that you'd be able to link a logo in the same manner as a thumb or fanart. I'm guessing that the images are just cached anyhow.

You know more than I do about such things, but could you not have all the movie set icons in one folder and alter the movie set add-on to look for them there? Failing that maybe have a generic set logo added to the skin? Seems a rather strange omission Confused

@htpc_guy: great work on the BTTF logo, will work great for Bonus features if nothing else Smile Maybe we could cheat XBMC into showing a set logo similar to the way it can be cheated into displaying season logos in tvshows. Not sure though Confused
(2012-06-11, 11:37)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-06-11, 10:52)Martijn Wrote:

You know more than I do about such things, but could you not have all the movie set icons in one folder and alter the movie set add-on to look for them there? Failing that maybe have a generic set logo added to the skin? Seems a rather strange omission Confused

@htpc_guy: great work on the BTTF logo, will work great for Bonus features if nothing else Smile Maybe we could cheat XBMC into showing a set logo similar to the way it can be cheated into displaying season logos in tvshows. Not sure though Confused

There is no way you can point a skin to such a location. A movie sets has no physical drive location so it can't located the logo.
Possibly there can be a hack but i will discuss this first with phil65/BigNoid if they even would be interested in this.

Using the movieset add-on is no use cause it freezes your system more than often
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I stopped using the movie set add-on because as you say it causes too many crashes Sad but a solution for those that still do would be appreciated I'm sure.
since some minutes possible with GIT version: two different widgets for custom home items (latest and featured) Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-06-12, 01:18)phil65 Wrote: since some minutes possible with GIT version: two different widgets for custom home items (latest and featured) Smile

Very cool!
(2012-06-12, 01:30)fional Wrote:
(2012-06-12, 01:18)phil65 Wrote: since some minutes possible with GIT version: two different widgets for custom home items (latest and featured) Smile

Very cool!

here´s the coolness in motion:
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
M key of course! very handy, seems to work regardless of screen and of course i meant playlists not addons.
quick q my homepage gives tvshows stats as 200 the shows page gives 173 with watched included, which is right?
movies say 2520 and 2473, but am assuming it counts each collection as 1?
Amaaaaazing guys!
Looking for a way to turn infopanel off in Landscape view w/logo. It complicates a purposefully minimalist view IMO. I appreciate that it should probably be a mod rather than a change request. Can someone point me to the code I need to alter? I should add, the extra widgets are looking good. Yet another string to Nox's bow Big Grin
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)9