• 16(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script
(2012-06-03, 14:51)omrey Wrote:
(2012-06-03, 09:41)amet Wrote: you have to use manual search string or get the icefilm addon fixed to report the correct name of the movie/tvshow

Hi, strange thing. Subtitle addon will not let me set manual search string or anyother change for that matter.

http://pastebin.com/94bBw5F9

I rolled back, uninstall and reinstalled, but xbmc keeps remembering old settings.

Help!!!

Thanks,

did you copy your userfolder from another machine? or backup? if so, did you set the permissions correctly?
(2012-06-03, 15:14)amet Wrote:
(2012-06-03, 14:51)omrey Wrote:
(2012-06-03, 09:41)amet Wrote: you have to use manual search string or get the icefilm addon fixed to report the correct name of the movie/tvshow

Hi, strange thing. Subtitle addon will not let me set manual search string or anyother change for that matter.

http://pastebin.com/94bBw5F9

I rolled back, uninstall and reinstalled, but xbmc keeps remembering old settings.

Help!!!

Thanks,

did you copy your userfolder from another machine? or backup? if so, did you set the permissions correctly?

Yes I did, and did not pay attention to permissions. What should I do?
(2012-06-03, 15:20)omrey Wrote: Yes I did, and did not pay attention to permissions. What should I do?

1. stop using icefilms Smile
2. search wiki ... http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...r_settings
Hi amet,

Ever since upgrading to Eden i have been having problems in general with XBMC's subtitle handling IMO Dharma handled subtitles much much better.

The problem is when i use the addon to get subtitles for video files on network locations they dont play. They seemingly download fine, i can see them when i go to the audio menu or when i disable/enable subtitles but they simply wont play. Previously on Dharma i used to get a popup saying the subtitles could not be saved in the location and would only play temporarily, fine by me as they "played', albeit temporarily. No such popup on Eden and no subtitles either Sad.

I have made it work by assigning a custom location for subtitles but that means that now all subtitles are downloaded to the custom location.

I would appreciate if it would work like it used to in Dharma.
handling of network paths is somewhat limited on Eden, hence the difference in handling.
Hi,

Somehow the downloading of subtitles stopped working for me Undecided Here is the xmbc.log: http://pastebin.com/0jMFZhs2

"IOError: [Errno socket error] [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond"

I use opensubtitles.org, it finds the preferred subtitle, but somehow it can't be downloaded. Do you have an idea what causes this?

Edit: It's a complete new install of XMBC and it used to work before.
Great new design! Thank you.
I have a few suggestions to make it better, if I may:

1. Wondering this for a few years now: Why is this not integrated into XBMC??
- A lot more user-friendly!
- No set-up! (optional for preferred services)
- There is no alternative subtitle add-on.
- This would take away all the hassle of setting the add-on path for the skins!
- One less category for add-ons.

2. The config could be improved by limiting the choice of standard services to those that have been selected.

3. Fall-back download location: when it is not possible to write to the movie folder (read-only share) cache the sub locally, just for playback.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
(2012-06-11, 12:11)artlost Wrote: Hi,

Somehow the downloading of subtitles stopped working for me Undecided Here is the xmbc.log: http://pastebin.com/0jMFZhs2

"IOError: [Errno socket error] [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond"

I use opensubtitles.org, it finds the preferred subtitle, but somehow it can't be downloaded. Do you have an idea what causes this?

does it fail on other services? it might be that OpenSubtitles has temporary issues.

(2012-06-11, 12:30)tripkip Wrote: Great new design! Thank you.
I have a few suggestions to make it better, if I may:

1. Wondering this for a few years now: Why is this not integrated into XBMC??
- A lot more user-friendly!
- No set-up! (optional for preferred services)
- There is no alternative subtitle add-on.
- This would take away all the hassle of setting the add-on path for the skins!
- One less category for add-ons.

2. The config could be improved by limiting the choice of standard services to those that have been selected.

3. Fall-back download location: when it is not possible to write to the movie folder (read-only share) cache the sub locally, just for playback.

glad you like new design...

1. idea is to move anything that is optional into addons
2. we can limit the services as is, or did I misunderstand?
3. definitely something I need to look at, on my to-do list that is getting longer by the day Smile

(2012-06-11, 13:46)amet Wrote: glad you like new design...

1. idea is to move anything that is optional into addons
2. we can limit the services as is, or did I misunderstand?
3. definitely something I need to look at, on my to-do list that is getting longer by the day Smile

I know, but XBMC as THE ultimate media player/system should have this by default even though not all people would use it. But maybe I'm the only one with that pinion.

I meant to limit the list of "select default movie service" and "select default tvshow service"under the advanced options tab to those services that have been selected under the services tab.
the thing about having it in by default is that if it breaks you have no way of updating, unless we separated the UI and services. keep services as addons and UI push into XBMC to have it as default
(2012-06-11, 14:02)amet Wrote: the thing about having it in by default is that if it breaks you have no way of updating, unless we separated the UI and services. keep services as addons and UI push into XBMC to have it as default

Something like that would be terrific, with self updating service. But I can see that that would be a ton of work Tongue
(2012-06-11, 13:40)amet Wrote:
(2012-06-11, 12:11)artlost Wrote: Hi,

does it fail on other services? it might be that OpenSubtitles has temporary issues.
Just tried and yes it fails on other services (ondertitel.nl) too. Just found out the weather is not working anymore as well. I haven't changed any network settings and it does find the subtitles. Do you have any idea what I could try?

subtitles finding is often done using different protocol, is your proxy off?
(2012-06-11, 14:04)tripkip Wrote:
(2012-06-11, 14:02)amet Wrote: the thing about having it in by default is that if it breaks you have no way of updating, unless we separated the UI and services. keep services as addons and UI push into XBMC to have it as default

Something like that would be terrific, with self updating service. But I can see that that would be a ton of work Tongue

I would not be against it, then each service we have in XBMC subtitle addon would become the addon on its own ...
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script6