• 6(current)
Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup.
The best way to explain its this:

I have an avengers collection set up as a tv show. I have iron man set up as another show, iron man 2 as another show. Take the two complete shows iron man 1&2 and place them inside the avengers collection. Update library. They should now appear as seasons in the avengers collection logos and all. I'll post some caps of my folder structure later today for to make it easier for everyone to follow, my PC out of bounds for a few hours. I'm posting from my iPad for now. If I'm not clear please ask again, we'll get you there!! Nod
I got it to work on the Alien collection!

One thing i did have to include was fanart.jpg and an extrafanart folder in the top directory. Otherwise i only got the red curtain in the background.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-06-04, 19:18)thrak76 Wrote: I got it to work on the Alien collection!

One thing i did have to include was fanart.jpg and an extrafanart folder in the top directory. Otherwise i only got the red curtain in the background.

Excellent work Big Grin I've only had time to do one so far, but it looks great. Yet more things to alter!! Confused
(2012-06-04, 19:23)Deano316 Wrote: Excellent work Big Grin I've only had time to do one so far, but it looks great. Yet more things to alter!! Confused

I know! It never ends, it seems ... but that is part of the enjoyment for me. Love to fiddle with things! Big Grin

Now I'm adding the Lord of Rings extras into the library - the largest bit of extras for any movies I own!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
For those that want season logos here are some screens of the folder structure. For this example I've used the Bonus Features from Iron Man 2 which I have placed as a season in the Avengers Collection:

Show Level:

Season Level (Main):

Season Level (Secondary):

So it ends up looking like this:

Show Level:

Season Level (Main):

Season Level (Secondary):

Notice that now at episode level you have a different logo. Ultimately a minor cosmetic fix but another finishing touch IMHO. I figure by now you all have a basic grasp of the folder structure so I don't think I need to elaborate. If I'm wrong let me know, I want to make this easy for everyone. Just be sure to remember to place a COMPLETED show inside another and it will work fine.

Next on my to do list is studio logos. The usual tv network logos don't match these movies for obvious reasons (see the question mark bottom left of the pictures above) so I'm going to find a way to add them. Let me know of any problems, any improvements you come across please share. Also be sure to post some screens and videos of your own setup, be good to see how everyone is progressing.
Another cool thing i noticed about setting up the folders this way is that when you browse through the All Seasons , the logo will change according to the season the feature belongs to as you scroll up and down the list.
(2012-06-05, 19:08)thrak76 Wrote: Another cool thing i noticed about setting up the folders this way is that when you browse through the All Seasons , the logo will change according to the season the feature belongs to as you scroll up and down the list.

Yes, but the linked movies poster and logo doesn't display in all seasons but the fanart does Confused Think I'll hop over to the main thread and bring it up. Everything else is pretty sweet! Big Grin
OK Deano316, here's an example of how my extras are shaping up. I just got done with the marathon of adding the LoTR extras, so that's what I'll share!

I use the Lowlist for the top level of the Bonus features:

And then I move onto the Shift view:
One thing about Linking movies to TVshows. Have you noticed how the sort of the linked movies gets out of order when you're adding multiple movies to one set of features, as shown above? I have this problem with the Alien Anthology as well. Only option is to sort by name...

And finally onto the Episode view for the videos:

Thanks a lot Deano316 for the inspiration! Hopefully more folks will get onboard and encourage the devs to incorporate the Bonus features into the program.
Looks great, it's interesting to see which views others use Cool Working together we've accomplished quite a bit in a short space of time. Hopefully something like this will be integrated into XBMC eventually but for now this is not a bad effort if I do say so myself. Still have a few loose ends to take care of but I'm happy to have gotten this far, inspired you and hopefully a few others into making use of those extras lying around. Once I reach a point where I don't think I can go any further I'll turn my attention to soundtracks. Was think of adding a smart playlist to the sub menu next to bonus features, just to keep all my movie stuff together. Problem is can't get the soundtracks to display artwork like movies without a LOT of tinkering, so I may shelve that idea for a while.

But I digress, for now everyone make as much use as you can from this thread. If there is enough interest and a fairly finished product, I might have something to present to the devs in future. Time will tell......Smile
Quick update:

Found out that studio logos never needed to be missing as XBMC gets them from the same location for TV and Movies. A quick .nfo tweak later, everything is displayed nicely. Thanks to a great logo from htpc_guy which can be found here, these extras are as complete as they're gonna get for now!!

To get studio logos displayed, open the .nfo and add a line inbetween "aired" and "trailer":
Code:
<studio></studio>

Enter the name of the studio in the middle to match the one from the movie in question, for example for BTTF it would read:
Code:
<studio>Universal Pictures</studio>

Then all that's left to do is go to your bonus features in XBMC, highlight show, hold down "shift" press "D", select refresh, opt for local content, and if you have the naming convention right the logo should now be displayed.

I've altered the tvshow.nfo example on the first page of the thread, If you're unsure then refer to that. If you create any of your own logos for your collections, be sure to upload them to fanart.tv for all to use.

As always, feel free to ask any questions. Wink
Glad that someone is able to use the logo. I'm still holding out hope that BN and P65 can figure out a way to make them work in the skin.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
(2012-06-11, 15:08)htpc guy Wrote: Glad that someone is able to use the logo. I'm still holding out hope that BN and P65 can figure out a way to make them work in the skin.

I'm sure there must be some way of making it work, it's only a logo after all. They're pretty resourceful, they'll think of something Wink
This is skin specific right?
The procedures outlined are for Aeon Nox 3.0, but many skins are able to add custom items to the Home screen - so it can be adapted. And smart playlists are built into XBMC.
However, the screenshots presented are for Nox only, and the results on a different skin will vary greatly. I'm sure that it can look great on other skins though, just different.
(2012-06-13, 05:00)fr500 Wrote: This is skin specific right?

I'm sure this could be modified to work with other skins. Should you decide to pursue it, let us know maybe we can help. If people use this method with other skins, post your results and we'll either get this thread moved or start a new one in the main section. It will be interesting to see how this would look on a few different skins. Big Grin
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup.2