• 15(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
I installed spotimc on windows 7 in one time with the morstar repo. However, on my imac, i can't get it to work. Not with installing from zip, nor with the morstar repo. Spotimc launches, asks me if i want to see the changelog, but after that it says script failed. Been trying it for hours and already read the entire thread.

I'm running mac osx 10.5.8. XBMC Eden with Aeon Nox skin. Tried switching skins, but didn't work. When i check the log i see a couple of warnings and error messages (some repeating several times).

In chronological order:

ERROR: Unable to load libcrystalhd.dylib, reason: dlopen(libcrystalhd.dylib, 1): image not found
WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://sources/Music Add-ons/fanart.jpg
ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc
ERROR: LoadXML: Unable to load skin file ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/skins/DefaultSkin/720p/loading-window.xml
ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
ERROR: Error Contents: dlopen(~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/osx/libspotify, 6): Symbol not found: _fdopen$UNIX2003
Referenced from: ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/osx/libspotify
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(script) in script://Spotimc/fanart.jpg

Quote:23:08:51 T:2963959808 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "~Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/default.py", line 83, in <module>
main(__addon_path__)
File "~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/spotimcgui/__init__.py", line 210, in main
initially_unload_playlists=False,
File "build\bdist.win32\egg\spotify\session.py", line 263, in __init__
err = self.__session_interface.create(ctypes.byref(config), ctypes.byref(self.__session_struct))
File "build\bdist.win32\egg\_spotify\session.py", line 110, in create
ctypes.POINTER(config), ctypes.POINTER(ctypes.c_void_p)
File "build\bdist.win32\egg\_spotify\__init__.py", line 84, in _get_func
return self._get_func2(name, name, restype, *argtypes)
File "build\bdist.win32\egg\_spotify\__init__.py", line 74, in _get_func2
lib = self.get_library()
File "build\bdist.win32\egg\_spotify\__init__.py", line 55, in get_library
self.__library = self._load_library()
File "build\bdist.win32\egg\_spotify\__init__.py", line 99, in _load_library
return ll.load('libspotify')
File "build\bdist.win32\egg\_spotify\__init__.py", line 159, in load
library = self._load(name)
File "build\bdist.win32\egg\_spotify\__init__.py", line 140, in _load
return loader.LoadLibrary(full_path)
File "/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 431, in LoadLibrary
return self._dlltype(name)
File "/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 353, in __init__
self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
OSError: dlopen(~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/osx/libspotify, 6): Symbol not found: _fdopen$UNIX2003
Referenced from: ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/osx/libspotify

Hope someone can help. Just bought spotify premium and spotimc looks great at my working spotimc at windows 7. Now i would like to use at my imac.

Thanks in advance.
(2012-05-27, 14:00)Varazir Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 13:36)quantocks Wrote: anyone got this working with the Australian spotify that just launched ?

Should work the same but you need to buy premium account

this is so bloody amazing, working in AU spotify, LOVING IT!

got spotify on everything now lol, PC, phones, and my XBMC!

missus is hooked now as well, which is amazing considering she is like attached to her apple stuff like its on a drip feed.
To get around the 8-10 second skip bug I installed the pyspotify-ctypes-proxy. But after that the plugin failed to load.
I get the following errors in my log:

Quote:14:32:18 T:139930246608640 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
14:32:18 T:139930246608640 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named weakmethod
14:32:18 T:139930246608640 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/viktor/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/default.py", line 82, in <module>
from spotimcgui import main
File "/home/viktor/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/spotimcgui/__init__.py", line 33, in <module>
from spotifyproxy.httpproxy import ProxyRunner
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/spotifyproxy/httpproxy.py", line 16, in <module>
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/spotifyproxy/utils.py", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: No module named weakmethod

Am I missing something?
Hello everybody!

I'm pleased to announce a new release: 1.0-beta1. The package can be downloaded here.

I labelled this release as beta because most of the major bugs from past releases are now gone (OSX and Linux restart issues, conflicts with remotes and the freeze when exitting the addon). The full changelog can be seen here.

Enjoy!

And now here are some answers:
(2012-06-14, 23:34)schwanz Wrote: I'm running mac osx 10.5.8. XBMC Eden with Aeon Nox skin. Tried switching skins, but didn't work. When i check the log i see a couple of warnings and error messages (some repeating several times).

ERROR: Error Contents: dlopen(~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/osx/libspotify, 6): Symbol not found: _fdopen$UNIX2003
This issue has been reported before, and is still a mistery to me. Could be related to some linking issue on libspotify's side, but is strange because it should work with OSX 10.4 and 10.5. Anyway, I can run Spotimc successfully under OSX 10.6.

(2012-06-16, 14:52)lr10 Wrote: To get around the 8-10 second skip bug I installed the pyspotify-ctypes-proxy. But after that the plugin failed to load.
I get the following errors in my log:

Quote:14:32:18 T:139930246608640 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
14:32:18 T:139930246608640 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named weakmethod
14:32:18 T:139930246608640 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/viktor/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/default.py", line 82, in <module>
from spotimcgui import main
File "/home/viktor/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/spotimcgui/__init__.py", line 33, in <module>
from spotifyproxy.httpproxy import ProxyRunner
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/spotifyproxy/httpproxy.py", line 16, in <module>
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/spotifyproxy/utils.py", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: No module named weakmethod

Am I missing something?
The version of pyspotify-ctypes-proxy you built depends on some code that was added recently to the pyspotify-ctypes lib, and won't work with the original version that came in alpha5. Even if you also build the pyspotify-ctypes lib, both contain some incompatible changes with the alpha5 release of Spotimc.

Anyway, the latest release I announced previously in this post should fix the issue you mentioned. Please let me know if you still experience this bug after the update.
(2012-06-16, 19:52)mazkolain Wrote: Hello everybody!

I'm pleased to announce a new release: 1.0-beta1. The package can be downloaded here.

I labelled this release as beta because most of the major bugs from past releases are now gone (OSX and Linux restart issues, conflicts with remotes and the freeze when exitting the addon). The full changelog can be seen here.

Enjoy!

And now here are some answers:
[quote='schwanz' pid='1127622' dateline='1339709657']
I'm running mac osx 10.5.8. XBMC Eden with Aeon Nox skin. Tried switching skins, but didn't work. When i check the log i see a couple of warnings and error messages (some repeating several times).

This issue has been reported before, and is still a mistery to me. Could be related to some linking issue on libspotify's side, but is strange because it should work with OSX 10.4 and 10.5. Anyway, I can run Spotimc successfully under OSX 10.6.

Thanks for your reaction. Bummer it's a mistery. Just tried beta1, but same problem. Maybe i just have to upgrade to 10.6.
darn does not work on ATV2 or win7, any time frame when it will?
(2012-04-07, 21:08)disolo Wrote: I just installed the plugin on an XBMCbuntu Eden install. It works great.

However, if I use it in conjunction with XBMC Commander (iOS remote control app), tracks only play for about 7-10 seconds before going to the next track.

Is anyone else having this issue or a similar issue?

Thanks.

Beta 1 fixed my issues. Thanks for the release!
Great Work ! Thank you so much. Im running open elec (xbmc eden) and the beta works wonderful Smile

Great to finally se an add on for spotify!
No issues so far...

Any plans on integrating this as a proper addon, i.e use the skins standard browse stuff instead of a propitiatory gui?

PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
(2012-06-16, 22:16)dallasnights Wrote: darn does not work on ATV2 or win7, any time frame when it will?
This addon would work only with ATV2 nighties of XBMC, but sadly these build are on hold due to some third party library that is broken on that platform (I said that it would work, but it requires some minor code changes on the addon first, which are not implemented yet).

Win7 should work without any problems. Which is the exact error you are experiencing there? Any chance I could see a debug log?

(2012-06-17, 14:25)The-Boxhead Wrote: Any plans on integrating this as a proper addon, i.e use the skins standard browse stuff instead of a propitiatory gui?
Well, I have no plans to add a native gui to this addon.

It's true that the typical Spotify navigation fits with the standard tree approach of XBMC plugins, but implenting a custom gui offers a wide range of possibilities and a major flexibility over the presentation.

It could have been implemented that way, but for example there's no effective way to implement a global main menu in a plugin, and in my opinion, it's an important part of the addon gui, among other ones.
Thanks for the great support
Tonight when I get home from work I will run on Win7 and send a LOG of why it wont work

Thank you!
ok just tried again, crashes after launch

here is the log
http://pastebin.com/CHAKJ6Gj
hope you can fix, thanks
WIN7 does not work for me as well.
(2012-06-19, 00:43)dallasnights Wrote: ok just tried again, crashes after launch

here is the log
http://pastebin.com/CHAKJ6Gj
hope you can fix, thanks
This usually happens when the cache and settings folders passed to libspotify are not valid (are not writable or are opened by another process).

Spotimc sets these folders under %APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.audio.spotimc\libspotify. Are you able to access this folder using the Windows explorer? Also check if some other process, antivirus software or even a previous crashed session of Spotimc keep this folder locked. This tool may give you some hints.

(2012-06-19, 01:40)Baloeb Wrote: WIN7 does not work for me as well.
As previously said Win7 is a supported platform. In order to have more details please try to repeat the issue and send me the xbmc log file it produces. Thanks!

http://pastebin.com/kVJM5JXZ

Yes I can access that folder
Unistalled your APP and cleaned out all traces, reinstalled again and still errors out see the new pastebin log

Hope you can help
thank you for a great plugin.........is there a way around login every time I start the app.......pain with a remote
thanks again

Problem solved: added this
<advancedsettings>
<spotify>
<enable>true</enable>
<username>username</username>
<password>password</password>
<cachefolder>a temporary directory</cachefolder>
<maxsearchartists>30</maxsearchartists>
<maxsearchalbums>30</maxsearchalbums>
<maxsearchtracks>150</maxsearchtracks>
</spotify>