• 13(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
(2012-06-22, 21:10)unabatedshagie Wrote: One small tweak I would like to see to the watched status. If I've watched all episodes of a series show the watched flag on the main tv list. Same if I've watched all episodes of a series. Show the watched flag on the season.
You are right! I will manage this.

@lubitsch_fan, Smile I'm italian and of course an help is always appreciated! We need to slightly modify the source code to support iOS SDK localized strings, thank you for your availability!
(2012-06-22, 21:42)RevoCenter Wrote:
(2012-06-21, 23:39)kricker Wrote: Check your port settings and maybe try a different port.

annoyingly this didn't help either. I tried ports 8080 and 10880, both worked on the XBMC machine but not from the iPad or my main PC. I have a feeling that I'm missing out on something really basic but can't figure out what it is.

sadly, I don't think there is a way to figure this out through a log-file so please keep the ideas coming if you have any more

Hey guys, I tried to ping my XBMC machine and when sending "ping 192.168.1.5" I get immediate responses. But when trying "ping 192.168.1.5:8080" I get a "could not find host" error. Maybe this can help solve my problem? thanks!
@RevoCenter, I followed your problem, and the advices that were given to you seems the right ones: it seems that there is a firewall that's blocking requests. If in the operating system where XBMC runs there isn't any firewall or similar, have you checked your modem/router firewall settings?
(2012-06-24, 07:18)RevoCenter Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 21:42)RevoCenter Wrote:
(2012-06-21, 23:39)kricker Wrote: Check your port settings and maybe try a different port.

annoyingly this didn't help either. I tried ports 8080 and 10880, both worked on the XBMC machine but not from the iPad or my main PC. I have a feeling that I'm missing out on something really basic but can't figure out what it is.

sadly, I don't think there is a way to figure this out through a log-file so please keep the ideas coming if you have any more

Hey guys, I tried to ping my XBMC machine and when sending "ping 192.168.1.5" I get immediate responses. But when trying "ping 192.168.1.5:8080" I get a "could not find host" error. Maybe this can help solve my problem? thanks!

You cannot ping 192.168.1.5:8080
What you can try is to telnet to the port:
telnet 192.168.2.7 8080
Trying 192.168.2.7...
Connected to 192.168.2.7
Escape character is '^]'.
test
Connection closed by foreign host.
(the connection closed is normal. Because it is expexting http trafic and not a "test" command)

When you cannot connect to a port deu to firewall problems you get this (I used wrong port):
telnet 192.168.2.7 8081
Trying 192.168.2.7...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.2.7: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

You can also check if a port is open on the local machine.
Windows: netstat -a
Linux: netstat -tapn
MAC: netstat -a
If it does not list you 8080 or 18080 port then it is normal that you cannot connect to it.
thanks a lot for your hard work. Would you have the time to consider make it compatible with spotyXBMC2?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67012
a new release 1.1.3 has been submitted to apple with this change log:

- improved performance on retrieving large number of movies and tv shows
- added xbmc virtual keyboard support in the remote control view
- added server power management: Wake on Lan, Power Off, Hibernate, Suspend and Reboot
- added watched flag on tv shows and tv show seasons list
nice features! cant wait to get watched working and the improved perfomance on large libraries! great software!
(2012-06-24, 10:35)johan.smits Wrote: You can also check if a port is open on the local machine.
If it does not list you 8080 or 18080 port then it is normal that you cannot connect to it.

hey, thanks for hanging in there with me. As you noticed from my questions, I'm not very good at networking even though I've been tinkering with PCs for ages.

netstat -a shows me (among others)

TCP 0.0.0.0:8080 (which is localhost I guess) status = listening

Can it really be a firewall issue in the router they're all connected to when I can see the machine on my windows desktop network center? I already had a look at the basic settings of the router but didn't see any kind of "firewall" for the internal network...

Have you turned off the Windows 7 firewall yet? If not you should start your testing with that off.
(2012-06-24, 19:13)RevoCenter Wrote:
(2012-06-24, 10:35)johan.smits Wrote: You can also check if a port is open on the local machine.

hey, thanks for hanging in there with me. As you noticed from my questions, I'm not very good at networking even though I've been tinkering with PCs for ages.

netstat -a shows me (among others)

TCP 0.0.0.0:8080 (which is localhost I guess) status = listening

Can it really be a firewall issue in the router they're all connected to when I can see the machine on my windows desktop network center? I already had a look at the basic settings of the router but didn't see any kind of "firewall" for the internal network...

Everything needs be learned.
0.0.0.0 is any ip
127.0.0.1 is localhost
Must be a firewall problem.
Tried telnet?
If telnet from a remote system doesn't work try from the xbmc machine itself
Hi all

I can not get this to connect either tried everything and it can not find my xbmc server. I use xbmc commander and constellation and both work fine.

The only thing I have entered into them is the mac address but as this app does not support that it might be the problem.

I use the mac code because I have my network set to use magic packets to wake my htpc from sleep and this needs to be set otherwise other systems on my network will wake the pc.

I don't know if this is the case with your app but if it's not u should still add magic packet mac code options as this is a very usefull feature for the very reason I stated above.

I powered up xbmc on my computer up and then tried to connect to xbmc but it's still not finding it so I gave up.

Cheers
Are you using XBMC v11 Eden? the remote app works from xbmc v11 (eden) and above.
Just got my first iPhone a few days ago and WOW.

This remote is amazing!

Thanks for the great work.

-VELPO
(2012-06-24, 20:02)joethefox Wrote: Are you using XBMC v11 Eden? the remote app works from xbmc v11 (eden) and above.

Oh bugger, lol. No I am using xbmc 10.

Oh well never mind not upgrading until xbmc 12 comes out so will try it out then as I am waiting for xbmc to support hd audio.

Why is it xbmc 11 only. ?

Cheers
(2012-06-24, 19:15)kricker Wrote: Have you turned off the Windows 7 firewall yet? If not you should start your testing with that off.

yes it's off on the XBMC machine

(2012-06-24, 10:35)johan.smits Wrote: Everything needs be learned.
0.0.0.0 is any ip
127.0.0.1 is localhost
Must be a firewall problem.
Tried telnet?
If telnet from a remote system doesn't work try from the xbmc machine itself

so if netstat -a does NOT show

"192.168.1.5 8080 listening" (.1.5 being the IP of the XBMC machine) does that already mean there's something wrong?

Have not tried telnet yet as it's not part of the regular win7 install and my "slim" install on the xbmc machine won't let me add it later. Is putty a useable alternative for the test you recommended?

• 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8