Assassin HTPC
I have a little different take on HTPC than some on this forum.

Here is a direct link to my free hardware guide which I keep up to date for those interested who haven't seen it from over at AVS (over 1.1 million views in my thread there)

Assassin's HTPC Hardware Guide
I'm guessing that you are fully moved in this forum now....your guide should provide good info for HTPC DIY'er........

Welcome to the forum......................
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I've not "moved" anywhere. Just want to help people get into HTPC.
someone looking for more business?
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
(2012-06-24, 19:05)lagledavid Wrote: someone looking for more business?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome. You'll find that some here have a hard time accepting reality.

HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
(2012-06-24, 19:15)wsume99 Wrote:
(2012-06-24, 19:06)assassin Wrote: Thanks for the warm welcome.
Welcome. You'll find that some here have a hard time accepting reality.

That's why I turned from long time lurker to poster. Some won't agree with me and that's fine. What I do hope is that an alternate viewpoint and someone who has actual experience in those alternate viewpoints is viewed as an asset to the community.
^^There are lots of members of this forum who will provide advice but not many of them have actual experience with what they are recommending. I know it will be fun to watch.

HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
Nobody makes any money at this but Apple or Dell (just barely). The rest of us just have some cool stuff to share and a passion for these HTPC gadgets. Welcome.
(2012-06-24, 20:31)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Nobody makes any money at this but Apple or Dell (just barely).
If you have online store in your signature, one would think that you have to make money to keep it active.........

Since I don't have online store in my signature, nobody will question me for try to sell anything.......several users offered me donation through PM, but I refused to accept it........
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I've seen your guide before.. very nice. Thanks for posting here Smile
I can't wait til the i3 IVB's come out! 17W FTW!
Welcome assassin.........great guide from someone who has first hand experience of the systems he recommends.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
(2012-06-24, 20:31)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Welcome.

(2012-06-24, 21:37)mofoo Wrote: I've seen your guide before.. very nice. Thanks for posting here Smile
I can't wait til the i3 IVB's come out! 17W FTW!

(2012-06-24, 21:50)DavidT99 Wrote: Welcome assassin.........great guide from someone who has first hand experience of the systems he recommends.

David

Thanks guys/gals. Glad to be here.
(2012-06-24, 21:26)bluray Wrote: Since I don't have online store in my signature, nobody will question me for try to sell anything.......several users offered me donation through PM, but I refused to accept it........

Wow, you're so noble. Good for you.

(2012-06-24, 18:44)assassin Wrote: I have a little different take on HTPC than some on this forum.

Here is a direct link to my free hardware guide which I keep up to date for those interested who haven't seen it from over at AVS (over 1.1 million views in my thread there)

Assassin's HTPC Hardware Guide

Great to see you here. Your guide was the primary source for my HTPC last year. Excellent, thoroughly researched recommendations with great explanation!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Assassin HTPC2