• 61(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
HI there,

I have tried searching but this topic is just way to long. I have a problem where every 2 months or so I will wake my media center from sleep and my Aeon Nox skin is no longer set and the default confluence is running instead. I switch back to Aeon Nox and ALL of my main menu settings and backgrounds are also back to default. I did make a backup of the entire install after the second time I lost all my settings. I have tried copying the .xbmc/user data folder to my install and rebooting, but my menus are still the same. Is there a way to restore my system utilizing the back up I made to get my menus back the way I like them without sitting here for 2-3 hrs setting it back up manually again? Has anyone else had this problem? Do we know what the cause is to prevent it in the future? Thanks !
(2012-06-24, 18:11)idtjes3 Wrote: HI there,

I have tried searching but this topic is just way to long. I have a problem where every 2 months or so I will wake my media center from sleep and my Aeon Nox skin is no longer set and the default confluence is running instead. I switch back to Aeon Nox and ALL of my main menu settings and backgrounds are also back to default. I did make a backup of the entire install after the second time I lost all my settings. I have tried copying the .xbmc/user data folder to my install and rebooting, but my menus are still the same. Is there a way to restore my system utilizing the back up I made to get my menus back the way I like them without sitting here for 2-3 hrs setting it back up manually again? Has anyone else had this problem? Do we know what the cause is to prevent it in the future? Thanks !

I´d like to know why you post your stuff twice when you already got an answer in the other thread. explain that, please.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
any interest in something like this?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)

For the love of God, nooooo!

EDIT: After my instinctive reaction, here are some arguements for my objection:
1) No matter how much anyone tries, no icons can be found that adequately represent each button. For example, TV shows will have to have an icon very similar to the one for Live TV.
2) The icons, as well as the labels, will be too small for viewing from a distance, and the fact their close together will only make the problem worse.
3) The above arguements are valid only if you're talking about the default setting. If you have in mind an option to choose between text and icons, then you have my full support!
(2012-06-24, 18:52)phil65 Wrote: any interest in something like this?

Yeah it would be great, with the possibility to choose the icon?

And to answer to your last question about my problem, I tried in "Skin -> Customizers -> Main menu item customizer -> Music -> Default.

I can't access to this "Default". If I try "Top arrow" I'm stopped on "Choose Custom color" and I go down, my only possibility is "Custom favorite". I can't go under.
(2012-06-24, 19:20)Hellnino18 Wrote:

And to answer to your last question about my problem, I tried in "Skin -> Customizers -> Main menu item customizer -> Music -> Default.

I can't access to this "Default". If I try "Top arrow" I'm stopped on "Choose Custom color" and I go down, my only possibility is "Custom favorite". I can't go under.

yes, with possibiity to choose icons.
the nav bug will be fixed.
(2012-06-24, 19:20)CutSickAss Wrote: Image

that bad? Big Grin
(2012-06-24, 19:24)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-24, 19:20)Hellnino18 Wrote:

that bad? Big Grin

And the possibility to have always fixed list? (all items in the same view would be great and nice I think)
I edited my post, that was my instinctive reaction. Basically it would be great if it was an option, not the default, IMO.
(2012-06-24, 19:27)Hellnino18 Wrote:
(2012-06-24, 19:24)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-24, 19:20)Hellnino18 Wrote: Yeah it would be great, with the possibility to choose the icon?

that bad? Big Grin

And the possibility to have always fixed list? (all items in the same view would be great and nice I think)

yes, intention is to make more items visible at once. fixed list would be available.
of course it would only be an option, i would never touch orignial aeon main menu style.

Spooky! I was thinking of this last week, figured it was just me that would like it. Big Grin Major +1 from me!!
Good for me too but not for the same reason

@phil65: why $VAR[MusicFanartVar] don't work in mymusicnav?
(2012-06-24, 13:05)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-24, 10:27)Hellnino18 Wrote:
(2012-06-23, 21:32)phil65 Wrote: screenshot, please.

Hi Phil, this is what I get when I enter in Music section.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821...000yg.png/

I need to get back to see the entire list...

Thanks.

don´t know how you broke that. tried "Make default" from context menu?

(2012-06-24, 06:42)Greg. Wrote: god darn it, cant get music vids to work from custom menus, no matter what area shortcut i use, gives me the same screen as the " bug the left window that has all shortcuts does same, only thing that does work, is thru file mode, help im stumped!

you probably do not have music vids in the library. not a skin issue.

(2012-06-24, 06:39)simonk83 Wrote:
(2012-06-18, 20:11)bigbodiehard Wrote: Thank You for the great new Player Controls and the Fact it's customisable. This word is used too much but in this case it is valid....AWESOME.

How do you bring up that box?

by pressing "m".

I'm going to assume that m is the Menu key on the Android remote. In which case that doesn't do anything unfortunately.

I also seem to be missing movie logos from the info widget that you added recently. Pulled from passion repo.
(2012-06-25, 00:09)simonk83 Wrote:
(2012-06-24, 13:05)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-24, 10:27)Hellnino18 Wrote: Hi Phil, this is what I get when I enter in Music section.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821...000yg.png/

I need to get back to see the entire list...

Thanks.

don´t know how you broke that. tried "Make default" from context menu?

(2012-06-24, 06:42)Greg. Wrote: god darn it, cant get music vids to work from custom menus, no matter what area shortcut i use, gives me the same screen as the " bug the left window that has all shortcuts does same, only thing that does work, is thru file mode, help im stumped!

(2012-06-24, 06:39)simonk83 Wrote: How do you bring up that box?

by pressing "m".

I'm going to assume that m is the Menu key on the Android remote. In which case that doesn't do anything unfortunately.

I also seem to be missing movie logos from the info widget that you added recently. Pulled from passion repo.

movie logos only appear for custom playlists atm.
don´t know about android remote mapping. on keyboard it´s "m".
(2012-06-25, 00:16)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 00:09)simonk83 Wrote:
(2012-06-24, 13:05)phil65 Wrote: don´t know how you broke that. tried "Make default" from context menu?

by pressing "m".

movie logos only appear for custom playlists atm.
don´t know about android remote mapping. on keyboard it´s "m".

Ah that makes sense about the logos, thanks.

Curse this android remote, its so horribly out of date Sad
somehow i like it Smile found a neat iconpack.

• 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)9