• 64(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
(2012-06-25, 08:29)xbmcsnapper Wrote: My guess is the "watchdog" error has nothing to do with XBMCFlicks. Look here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=watchdog

I think you are right. I re-installed XBMC from scratch and no more watchdog error. Still can't get XBMCFlicks authorization to work though. Thanks

(2012-06-25, 07:49)xbmcsnapper Wrote: If I recall correctly, you enable debug logging (in the plugin settings), do the Netflix login, then exit out of XBMC and refer to the xbmc.log for your key and secret. Hope that helps.

I have debugging and verbose user info on. However, it never asks for my Netflix Username and Password. The browser never pops up. Here's a snippet of the log after I re-installed XBMC:

Code:
08:05:24 T:4552  NOTICE: root folder: C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb
08:05:24 T:4552  NOTICE: working folder: C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\
08:05:24 T:4552  NOTICE: links folder: C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links
08:05:24 T:4552  NOTICE: real link path: C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links
08:05:24 T:4552  NOTICE: resource folder: C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources
08:05:24 T:4552  NOTICE: lib folder: C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib
08:05:24 T:4552  NOTICE: userinfo folder: C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\
08:05:24 T:4552  NOTICE: USER INFO FILE LOC: C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\userinfo.txt
08:05:24 T:4552  NOTICE: couldn't load user information from userinfo.txt file
08:05:24 T:4552  NOTICE: .. getAuth called ..
08:05:24 T:4552  NOTICE: OSX Setting is set to: False
08:05:24 T:4552  NOTICE: .. user configured ..
08:05:25 T:4552   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'socket.error'>
08:05:25 T:4552   ERROR: Error Contents: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
08:05:25 T:4552   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\default.py", line 26, in <module>
                                                import resources.lib.menu as menu
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib\menu.py", line 474, in <module>
                                                getInstantQueue()
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 1378, in getInstantQueue
                                                initApp()
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 1373, in initApp
                                                user = getAuth(netflixClient,VERBOSE_USER_LOG)
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 61, in getAuth
                                                (tok, url) = netflix.user.getRequestToken()
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib\Netflix.py", line 45, in getRequestToken
                                                response = client.connection.getresponse()
                                              File "G:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 990, in getresponse
                                                response.begin()
                                              File "G:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 391, in begin
                                                version, status, reason = self._read_status()
                                              File "G:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 349, in _read_status
                                                line = self.fp.readline()
                                              File "G:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\socket.py", line 427, in readline
                                                data = recv(1)
                                            error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
08:05:25 T:5388   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks/?mode=10
08:05:25 T:5388   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks/?mode=10) failed

I can see the code in iqueue.py where it calls for getAuth but it never gets to this point:

Code:
#handles all the initial auth with netflix
    if MY_USER['request']['key'] and not MY_USER['access']['key']:
        tok = netflix.user.getAccessToken( MY_USER['request'] )
        if(VERBOSE_USER_LOG):
            print "now put this key / secret in MY_USER.access so you don't have to re-authorize again:\n 'key': '%s',\n 'secret': '%s'\n" % (tok.key, tok.secret)
        MY_USER['access']['key'] = tok.key
        MY_USER['access']['secret'] = tok.secret
        saveUserInfo()
        dialog = xbmcgui.Dialog()
        dialog.ok("Settings completed", "You must restart the xbmcflicks plugin")
        print "Settings completed", "You must restart the xbmcflicks plugin"
        sys.exit(1)

I don't code python so I don't really know why. Thanks.
(2012-06-25, 18:35)FMBBurns Wrote: I have debugging and verbose user info on. However, it never asks for my Netflix Username and Password. The browser never pops up. Here's a snippet of the log after I re-installed XBMC:

Code:

Did you tick the plug-in's setting for OSX? Your log still seems to indicate it isn't.
(2012-06-25, 19:22)xbmcsnapper Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 18:35)FMBBurns Wrote: I have debugging and verbose user info on. However, it never asks for my Netflix Username and Password. The browser never pops up. Here's a snippet of the log after I re-installed XBMC:

Code:

Did you tick the plug-in's setting for OSX? Your log still seems to indicate it isn't.

It isn't. It's windows 7 pro 64-bit.
Quote:It isn't. It's windows 7 pro 64-bit.

Oops, don't know why I thought you were using OSX. Anyway, the next thing I would suggest is to clear your browser cache completely, and then launch XBMC and try the authorization process again. I'm not sure if this is the cause of the . . .

Code:
08:05:25 T:4552   ERROR: Error Contents: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

. . . in your log, but I think the browser cache may prevent the authorization prompts from coming up. Worth a try anyway.

(2012-06-26, 03:38)xbmcsnapper Wrote: Oops, don't know why I thought you were using OSX. Anyway, the next thing I would suggest is to clear your browser cache completely, and then launch XBMC and try the authorization process again. I'm not sure if this is the cause of the . . .

Code:

. . . in your log, but I think the browser cache may prevent the authorization prompts from coming up. Worth a try anyway.

OK, I've cleared the cache in my default browser and IE as well. Still same result. I changed the default browser to IE and same result. I was thinking if I could manually enter the key and secret, then the log would would give a clearer indication of where the problem lies. The script get to line 45 in iqueue.py because I see "..user configured.." , then the very next line is:

ERROR: Error Type: <class 'socket.error'>

The the traceback says :

FFile "C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\default.py", line 26, in <module>
import resources.lib.menu as menu
File "C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib\menu.py", line 474, in <module>
getInstantQueue()
File "C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 1378, in getInstantQueue
initApp()
File "C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 1373, in initApp
user = getAuth(netflixClient,VERBOSE_USER_LOG)
File "C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 61, in getAuth
(tok, url) = netflix.user.getRequestToken()
File "C:\Users\XBMCUser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib\Netflix.py", line 45, in getRequestToken
response = client.connection.getresponse()
File "G:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 990, in getresponse
response.begin()
File "G:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 391, in begin
version, status, reason = self._read_status()
File "G:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 349, in _read_status
line = self.fp.readline()
File "G:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\socket.py", line 427, in readline
data = recv(1)

I can follow the traceback, but don't understand the code. Bottom line is I geuss that getAuth fails in the script before the browser pops up.

Sad

Found these URLs in Netflix.py :

REQUEST_TOKEN_URL = 'http://api.netflix.com/oauth/request_token'
ACCESS_TOKEN_URL = 'http://api.netflix.com/oauth/access_token'
AUTHORIZATION_URL = 'https://api-user.netflix.com/oauth/login'

But if I copy these into my broser, they fail. For instance, Chrome shows me this for https://api-user.netflix.com/oauth/login

<status>
<status_code>400</status_code>
<message>oauth_consumer_key is missing</message>
</status>

But if I simply go to http://netflix.com, I'm logged in and can see my queue.
I kept some notes from my trials and tribulations getting XBMCFlicks working (Vista 64) and can't recall whether I ever posted them or not but hopefully this may be of some help.

After messing around trying to get the instant queue to work, various browsers, etc, I uninstalled XBMCFlicks, cleared the website URL listed under Silverlight's "Application Storage" tab, deleted all browser caches (IEx86, IE64, and Firefox), and deleted remaining XBMCFlicks folder in addons and userdata, and also deleted the playercorefactory.xml and advancedsettings.xml files in the userdata folder.

Then installed the latest version (spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-1d81b3a) from zip, exited XBMC, renamed the folder to plugin.video.xbmcflicks.
Then, upon launching XBMC > XBMCFlicks and selecting Instant Queue, the authorization process seemed to work. First, Firefox was launched and the NetFlix login came up. I input my account info and selected the option to link the account with the browser. Closed the browser and clicked okay on the XBMCFlicks dialog box, and exited out of XBMC.

Then upon launching XBMC and XBMCFlicks, XBMCFlicks launched IE and the Netflix login again came up and was manually input and the account linked. Then the browser was closed and the XBMCFlicks dialog box okayed. XBMCFlicks then produced a dialog box that said that XBMC needed to be restarted.

Upon restart, everything works except "Experimental Search".

Hope that helps.
(2012-06-26, 07:54)xbmcsnapper Wrote: I kept some notes from my trials and tribulations getting XBMCFlicks working (Vista 64) and can't recall whether I ever posted them or not but hopefully this may be of some help.

After messing around trying to get the instant queue to work, various browsers, etc, I uninstalled XBMCFlicks, cleared the website URL listed under Silverlight's "Application Storage" tab, deleted all browser caches (IEx86, IE64, and Firefox), and deleted remaining XBMCFlicks folder in addons and userdata, and also deleted the playercorefactory.xml and advancedsettings.xml files in the userdata folder.

Then installed the latest version (spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-1d81b3a) from zip, exited XBMC, renamed the folder to plugin.video.xbmcflicks.
Then, upon launching XBMC > XBMCFlicks and selecting Instant Queue, the authorization process seemed to work. First, Firefox was launched and the NetFlix login came up. I input my account info and selected the option to link the account with the browser. Closed the browser and clicked okay on the XBMCFlicks dialog box, and exited out of XBMC.

Then upon launching XBMC and XBMCFlicks, XBMCFlicks launched IE and the Netflix login again came up and was manually input and the account linked. Then the browser was closed and the XBMCFlicks dialog box okayed. XBMCFlicks then produced a dialog box that said that XBMC needed to be restarted.

Hope that helps.
Big Grin

xbmcsnapper,

Thanks so much for your help. I will give this a shot this evening and let you know.

FMBB
Hey,

Is uk support forthcoming with this app?
The first post says us only and Canada is wip but we'd like to buy a Netflix account if we can get it on xbmc in the uk or will this not be an avenue explored?

It's bizarre that Netflix don't just create an official plugin for xbmc, considering the're on every other platform around.

Thanks
Pat~
(2012-06-26, 07:54)xbmcsnapper Wrote: I kept some notes from my trials and tribulations getting XBMCFlicks working (Vista 64) and can't recall whether I ever posted them or not but hopefully this may be of some help.

Hope that helps.

Ok, I followed your instructions step by step. I get the same result when launching the Instant Queue. Script error and. looking at the log, it fails in the exact same place. If I could just get the key and secret, I think I could get the script to go further because it really seems to me to be crashing at getAuth. Confused
(2012-06-27, 01:53)FMBBurns Wrote: Ok, I followed your instructions step by step. I get the same result when launching the Instant Queue. Script error and. looking at the log, it fails in the exact same place. If I could just get the key and secret, I think I could get the script to go further because it really seems to me to be crashing at getAuth. Confused

Couple more ideas:

1) According to fekker's Post 541, the auth process requires that your computer's clock be accurate. Make sure that's not tripping you up.

2) I know you have been so far unable to get your key/secret. Perhaps the detail in Post 408 might help.

Good luck!
(2012-06-27, 02:37)xbmcsnapper Wrote: Couple more ideas:

1) According to fekker's Post 541, the auth process requires that your computer's clock be accurate. Make sure that's not tripping you up.

2) I know you have been so far unable to get your key/secret. Perhaps the detail in Post 408 might help.

Good luck!

OK, thanks. The clock is accurate and synced to Microsoft time server. I saw post 408 and makes great sense. However, the script fails before it ever gets the key and secret. It never pops the browser even. It gets as far as line 45 in netflix.py getrequestToken at the command 'response = client.connection.getresponse()'. But, thanks much for all your help.
Xbmcsnapper is this still working for you in canada?

I was looking at an old post but im having trouble editing the py files, what py editor do you use?
(2012-06-28, 12:58)Ghostdivision Wrote: Xbmcsnapper is this still working for you in canada?

I was looking at an old post but im having trouble editing the py files, what py editor do you use?

Yes it is still working for me. I use Notepad++ as a code editor.
I'm using XBMC in a dual monitor. Any way I can get this to open on my TV? When I click a movie it plays on my pc
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16