• 74(current)
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program
Is the updater working for everyone? For some reasons, it stopped working for me - actually, it says that is updating and even restarts, but then it is unchanged and it tells me again that a new version is available. Any thoughts? Nothing in the log. Using Win7.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2012-07-06, 17:06)rflores2323 Wrote: I wanted to see if there was a way to integrate the cdart script into headphones to scrap fanart.tv ? I know we can use it in xbmc to install all the goodies like logos, cdart, fanart, etc.. but it would be nice to have headphones do this all at once to have it all nice and neat from the get go.

Rembo. Anyway you can do this?

Yep, a big +1 for this.
Hi guys

Does anyone have a guide to installing and running Headphones on Windows Home Server as a service please?
I'm loving Headphones so far. It's made adding a new artist super easy. I'm running into an issue though and wondering if anyone else knows what might fix it.

I've gone in with Picard and cleaned up some of my tags on albums that were complete, but were missed due to little differences in MusicBrainz. After cleaning up the tags, I tried refreshing the artist, but Headphones doesn't seem to pick up the changes. What might I be doing wrong? I've even restarted Headphones and re "saved" the folder in the Manage settings. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
(2012-07-07, 18:50)Finchy Wrote: Hi guys

Does anyone have a guide to installing and running Headphones on Windows Home Server as a service please?

OK, real quick,

download this and unzip to a directory https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30655053/srvany.zip
Run AnyServiceInstaller.exe in created folder, enable advanced mode,
point the resource kit line to the created folder (with srvany.exe in it)
Point the application line to pythonw.exe if running python version, if windows version point to headphones executable,
name the service "headphones" or whatever,
point the parameters line to headphones.py if running python version or put whatever variables you want to add to the .exe version here,
point the start in directory to headphones.py or headphones.exe directory,
click on create,
start>run>services.msc and find the service named headphones or whatever you named it double click on service and go to login tab, fill in "run as system account" check box,
close and reboot.

I use the python version on WHS2011 and have no problems, it should work with the .exe version but I haven't tested. This should work on any recent version of Windows.

Good Luck
Mike

Not sure if it was Headphones or one of the others (sab, sickbeard, couchpotato) but one of them I had to copy the user/username/app data/roaming/headphones directory to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming I don't think it was Headphones though, I've got CRS (Can't Remember S**t)

If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Thanks for that. I'm not getting it working, what am I doing wrong?

I have put a copy of the srvany.zip files into the Headphones folder.

Huh

Edit: I don't have the headphones.exe, just the .py btw. I can't find where to download one with an .exe
(2012-07-08, 18:41)Finchy Wrote: Thanks for that. I'm not getting it working, what am I doing wrong?

I have put a copy of the srvany.zip files into the Headphones folder.

Huh

Edit: I don't have the headphones.exe, just the .py btw. I can't find where to download one with an .exe

Link to the .exe provided by HenryFord: http://www.tbueter.com/tools/headphones_win32build.zip
This info is also in the first post, in case you need it again.

Wish I could help more with the WinHomeServ install, but at this point all I can offer is the link. Wink
(2012-07-08, 18:41)Finchy Wrote: Thanks for that. I'm not getting it working, what am I doing wrong?
Didn't work with the service-installer, but since an account is needed to start services, don't you have to put in a username? If it's password-protected with the password (I for one would use the System-Account for that service)

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2012-07-08, 04:24)mrkniceguy Wrote: I'm loving Headphones so far. It's made adding a new artist super easy. I'm running into an issue though and wondering if anyone else knows what might fix it.

I've gone in with Picard and cleaned up some of my tags on albums that were complete, but were missed due to little differences in MusicBrainz. After cleaning up the tags, I tried refreshing the artist, but Headphones doesn't seem to pick up the changes. What might I be doing wrong? I've even restarted Headphones and re "saved" the folder in the Manage settings. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Update on my issue.... patience. Patience is the key. I just left it over-night and it seems to have picked up the changes now. And... I've realised my id3 tags are a mess. Guess I know what I'll be doing with all my free time over the next several months. Tongue

For others having issues with scans. My suggestion is simple. Be patient. Wink
Actually, I've just noticed that it defaults to port 8081, which is already being used by Sickbeard. Any ideas how to change the port without it actually running? That's probably stopping it starting.

I've tried the one with the .exe, but that brings up incompatibility errors on WHS 2011. Adding a local user username and password doesn't resolve it either.
(2012-07-08, 19:45)Finchy Wrote: Actually, I've just noticed that it defaults to port 8081, which is already being used by Sickbeard. Any ideas how to change the port without it actually running? That's probably stopping it starting.

I've tried the one with the .exe, but that brings up incompatibility errors on WHS 2011. Adding a local user username and password doesn't resolve it either.

I'm running the python version, but I'm fairly sure you can just edit your config.ini to meet that need.
There isn't a config file in there yet, presumably it creates it on first run, but I've not been able to run it #catch22!
Ah, gotcha. Sorry, I haven't used the .exe version for a while. I sure hope someone with home server can help you out. It can be a hassle to get running, but headphones is well worth it. Smile
Anyone having torrent download issues lately? The latest update seemed to have fixed it, but now its kinda flaky again..
(2012-07-08, 19:45)Finchy Wrote: Actually, I've just noticed that it defaults to port 8081, which is already being used by Sickbeard. Any ideas how to change the port without it actually running? That's probably stopping it starting.

Shutdown sickbeard, run headphones, change the port in headphones config, shutdown headphones, run sickbeard, run headphones. Problem solved!
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program9