• 33(current)
[WIP] "Breeze"
(2012-06-26, 23:09)rflores2323 Wrote: how does this skin look on larger screen? I have 2 x 50 in screens and 1 x 110 in screen and from the screen shots in this thread the fonts look pretty small. I need something with large fonts.

Thanks

Well I'm designing it for my 50 inch plasma so it should be fine, obviously it depends how far away you are though. I would have thought it's actually more suited to big screens than small ones...

Overlapping text:

(2012-06-27, 14:01)sialivi Wrote: Overlapping text:

Yeah, I am aware of that one, I'll try and sort that out tomorrow so it'll be fixed for the next update. Need to sort the image on the right as well, create a higher res version. Smile

Hi,

This is a beautiful looking skin! Very nice work, thank you.

Request some longer/condensed list views though (similar density to what you see in confluence), or the ability to choose a smaller font, or something so you have the option to see more than 5-6 items at once.

Would use it as my primary skin in a flash if it had some more compact views available as well.
great skin would love a wall view though...

Been working on this a lot over the last few days, it's getting close to the end now with only a few more dialogs to code, then just making sure it all works smoothly!

Expect an update with a bit more progress on Friday next week, then I'm moving house (again) so won't be doing much (if anything) for a week or so!

(2012-07-03, 23:55)rmerry Wrote: Hi,

This is a beautiful looking skin! Very nice work, thank you.

Request some longer/condensed list views though (similar density to what you see in confluence), or the ability to choose a smaller font, or something so you have the option to see more than 5-6 items at once.

Would use it as my primary skin in a flash if it had some more compact views available as well.

(2012-07-05, 05:15)donkee69 Wrote: great skin would love a wall view though...

I'm not going to be adding any more skins until everything else is coded now, although after that a wall view is definitely coming, I'll probably look into a slimer list view as well!

Hi there,

just activated the repo and installed breeze git (version 0.5.1340703289)
it looks really, really nice :-)

But I can find this menu :

Quote:Image

If I choose 'vertical menu' and then 'configure home items' a popup menu named 'Audio Visualisation' appears ?!

PS: when NOT choosing 'vertical menu' , the popup menu 'configure custom tiles' show up blank , with nothing to choose.
Also I've checked ids and ID 1117 got used twice, in 'customHomeMenuSettings.xml' and 'customMusicOSD.xml' .
It seems that's the cause why 'Audio Visualisation' shows up , when choosing 'configure home items.

I'm not into skins , but tried a dirty hack and changed ID 1117 to 1129 (seems to be free) in 'customSkinSetting.xml' and 'customHomeMenuSettings.xml.
Now 'Configure Home items' shows up, but also complete blank.

Isn't it possible to deactivate those main-menu items I don't need ?

(2012-07-07, 22:04)Markus23 Wrote: Hi there,

just activated the repo and installed breeze git (version 0.5.1340703289)
it looks really, really nice :-)

But I can find this menu :

Quote:Image

If I choose 'vertical menu' and then 'configure home items' a popup menu named 'Audio Visualisation' appears ?!

PS: when NOT choosing 'vertical menu' , the popup menu 'configure custom tiles' show up blank , with nothing to choose.
Also I've checked ids and ID 1117 got used twice, in 'customHomeMenuSettings.xml' and 'customMusicOSD.xml' .
It seems that's the cause why 'Audio Visualisation' shows up , when choosing 'configure home items.

I'm not into skins , but tried a dirty hack and changed ID 1117 to 1129 (seems to be free) in 'customSkinSetting.xml' and 'customHomeMenuSettings.xml.
Now 'Configure Home items' shows up, but also complete blank.

Isn't it possible to deactivate those main-menu items I don't need ?

I have noticed this issue and it will be fixed in the next update.

btw. I could start doing a german translation of the strings.xml file. Already tried to do some editing, but the german strings.xml won't get used :-(
Created a German subfolder in 'languages' and copied the half translated strings.xml into it.
But when starting XBMC Breeze is still in english - any hints ?

PS: When fixing the 'customHomeMenuSetting' Bug , please consider to add an entry 'HomeMenuNoPicturesButton' . Thanks
(2012-07-07, 23:44)Markus23 Wrote: Thanks :-)

btw. I could start doing a german translation of the strings.xml file. Already tried to do some editing, but the german strings.xml won't get used :-(
Created a German subfolder in 'languages' and copied the half translated strings.xml into it.
But when starting XBMC Breeze is still in english - any hints ?

PS: When fixing the 'customHomeMenuSetting' Bug , please consider to add an entry 'HomeMenuNoPicturesButton' . Thanks

Not sure how the strings work for foreign languages, figure you would just need a strings.xml in a folder called 'German' but it sounds like you've tried that?

With regards to 'HomeMenuNoPicturesButton' do you mean so the custom tiles don't have a picture? What do you think would be best in the pisctures place? A blank tile, a default image?

I have a request, can you guys have a look through the skin and let me know about the dialogs/windows that still need to be coded. Just so you know the following have already been done (but not in a version that's been released)...

MyMusicPlaylistEditor.xml
SmartPlaylistRule.xml
SmartPlaylistRule.xml
script-RSS_Editor-rssEditor.xml
script-RSS_Editor-setEditor.xml
DialogNumeric.xml
DialogAddonInfo.xml
DialogTextViewer.xml
Dialog AddonSettings.xml
SettingsProfile.xml
ProfileSettings.xml
LockSettings.xml
LoginScreen.xml

I'm getting close to the end and finding it tough to keep track of what still needs doing :p

DialogPeripheralManager.xml
DialogPeripheralSettings.xml
(2012-07-10, 22:00)sialivi Wrote: DialogPeripheralManager.xml
DialogPeripheralSettings.xml

These are now done, come on people I need your help! :p

There must be more, I surely can't be this close to finishing without even realising it!

you can find a list here, i think it´s complete: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis...n_Controls

congrats on the skin btw, one of the best out there.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-07-11, 19:26)phil65 Wrote: you can find a list here, i think it´s complete: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis...n_Controls

congrats on the skin btw, one of the best out there.

Thanks Big Grin

Just realised I haven't done anything with the picture viewer (something I haven't used myself) yet, need to do the weather as well. If I can get those out the door before I move at the weekend then that will be fantastic!

(2012-07-10, 12:48)Eddage Wrote: Not sure how the strings work for foreign languages, figure you would just need a strings.xml in a folder called 'German' but it sounds like you've tried that?

Got my translation working. There were some xml errors , which I corrected and now my german strings.xml is working.
Will try to make a complete german xml the coming weekend.

Quote:With regards to 'HomeMenuNoPicturesButton' do you mean so the custom tiles don't have a picture? What do you think would be best in the pisctures place? A blank tile, a default image?

Sorry, just quoted the internal Variable Name. As shown in your Screenshot you included the following HomeMenu items to be switched on/off:

videos
Tv shows
movies
music
programs
add-ons
weather
settings

the "pictures" home-menu item is missing ! But internally this option is already there , named 'HomeMenuNoPicturesButton' used in Includes_VerticalHome.xml:

<item id="4"> <!--pictures-->
<label>31500</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Pictures)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/pictures.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Pictures_Folder)]</thumb>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoPicturesButton)</visible>
</item>

When setting this option 'HomeMenuNoPicturesButton' manually to 'true' , the picture menu-item got hidden. so it already works , you only need to add the suitable gui option :-)

• 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] "Breeze"14