• 35(current)
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)
Never mind, figured it out. Just had to log out and log back in with XBMC instead of XBMCbuntu. Now it's ok everytime i reboot.
Thank you
HI,

how does this patch relate to the AudioEngine branch merge?
Will it be possible to use the patch (at some point in time) with recent build as well?
(2012-06-04, 16:04)sircube Wrote: HI,

how does this patch relate to the AudioEngine branch merge?
Will it be possible to use the patch (at some point in time) with recent build as well?

Same question ;-)

So far the dual audio and audioengine are incompatible. The audio engine author doesn't even want to think about it. So if you need the dual audio don't upgrade yet...
Thanks again XHBL. I recently upgraded to Eden and Ubuntu 12.04 and this worked again.

Sircube and Robertvg – the audio engine “branch” is a substantial rewrite of XBMC's audio handling. Per other postings, the code was cleaned up and rewritten to handle high quality digital audio in a cleaner manner. Dual output was requested to be added to this branch, but the author isn't interested. Since so much audio code was rewritten, it is unlikely that XHBL's patch can be easily applied to the post-merge XBMC master. As such, someone will likely have to do non-trivial coding work to apply XHBL's patch to the current master or to the eventual Frodo. Hopefully XHBL or another person with programming experience will update this patch sometime in the future.

---

Snippo and others getting /core/dvdplayer errors – you might want to use:

./configure –enable-external-libraries

instead of just ./configure. That resolved the /core/dvdplayer errors for me.

---

For anyone still trying to compile this on Linux or Ubuntu, here are the steps that worked for me (these assume there is no xbmc currently in your home directory but that you have git)

(1) cd ~

(2) git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git

(3) cd xbmc

(4) git checkout -b eden origin/Eden

(5) sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc

[to make sure I had all dependencies, I ran this as well]

(6) sudo apt-get install make g++ gcc gawk pmount libtool nasm automake cmake gperf unzip bison libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libfribidi-dev liblzo2-dev libfreetype6-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libasound-dev python-sqlite libglew-dev libcurl3 libcurl4-gnutls-dev x11proto-xinerama-dev libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libmad0-dev libogg-dev libvorbisenc2 libsmbclient-dev libmysqlclient-dev libpcre3-dev libdbus-1-dev libhal-dev libhal-storage-dev libjasper-dev libfontconfig-dev libbz2-dev libboost-dev libfaac-dev libenca-dev libxt-dev libxtst-dev libxmu-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev libpulse-dev mesa-utils libcdio-dev libsamplerate-dev libmms-dev libmpeg3-dev libfaad-dev libflac-dev libiso9660-dev libass-dev libssl-dev fp-compiler gdc libwavpack-dev libmpeg2-4-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev libssh-dev gettext cvs

(7) ./bootstrap

(8) ./configure --enable-external-libraries

(9) make

(10) sudo make install

[at this point you have a functional Eden build without dual-audio]

(11) git branch dual-audio

(12) git checkout dual-audio

[Download Schumi2004's diff patch from post #493 in this thread. When I tried replacing the Eden source files with XHBL's patch files – I got a bunch of TinyXML include errors. Fixing the include errors created other reference errors, so I applied the Schumi2004 patch with:]

(13) git apply xbmc-11.0.1-999-dual-audio-patch.v0.2.patch

(14) make

(15) sudo make install

---

Finally, for Ubuntu users, I'll share that I had to use custom audio devices to get dual audio. Obviously, others' devices will differ, but for example:

For output one, I had to reference plughw:CARD=NVidia,DEV=9 on my custom audio device line for my 2.0 HDMI audio (I have an Nvidia video card with HDMI).

For my output two – SPDIF audio – I had to reference iec958:CARD=SB,DEV=0 on my custom audio device line. I also had to set ALC887-VD Digital as my default output device in gstreamer-properties (at a terminal window). This is my motherboard audio.

I have Pulse Audio removed because last time I setup dual-audio Pulse caused me a lot of grief.
Hmm, this probably has been covered, but 52 pages and most related words are too short for searches. Is there any way to use this with the PVR builds on windows? Simply swapping executables breaks PVR functionality as expected. Thank you.
(2012-06-12, 17:55)ubuntu-xbmc Wrote: I have Pulse Audio removed because last time I setup dual-audio Pulse caused me a lot of grief.

What kind of issues? I have been thinking about trying out PulseAudio to get dual audio output at an OS level.

(2012-07-04, 05:42)tismon Wrote: Hmm, this probably has been covered, but 52 pages and most related words are too short for searches. Is there any way to use this with the PVR builds on windows? Simply swapping executables breaks PVR functionality as expected. Thank you.

You can try VAC (virtual audio cables) to have this done outside of xbmc... never used it personally though...
(2010-11-27, 15:10)xhbl Wrote:
mad-max Wrote:Hi there...

I applied the patch and compiled the source on windows to a directX build.
After installing the new dual audio output xbmc I can´t start it anymore...
missing dll d3dx9_42.dll...
other compiled builds don´t have this problem...
any hint? or any download-link of a working copy?

Go to microsoft web site, download The Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime and install it first.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...laylang=en

ive installed above but still get error saying SDL.DLL is missing from my computer. Tried rebooting as well but makes no difference. Relative noob here so any help would be appeciated.
(2012-07-05, 05:10)teeedubb Wrote: You can try VAC (virtual audio cables) to have this done outside of xbmc... never used it personally though...
I will have to look into this. I'm still curious though. What's preventing this from becoming a separate add-on?

Thanks
(2012-07-04, 05:42)tismon Wrote: Hmm, this probably has been covered, but 52 pages and most related words are too short for searches. Is there any way to use this with the PVR builds on windows? Simply swapping executables breaks PVR functionality as expected. Thank you.
The dual audio patch is included in my latest Eden-pvr build for Windows. See my signature for the link.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Margro, you rock as always. Thank you.
Teedubb,

My pulse problems happened a long time ago -- probably a year or two ago, so my memory is a bit faded. What I recall was that the problem started because I couldn't reach some audio devices via pulse.

For example, I could specify the stereo 3.5mm jack on my sound card, but not the coaxial digital output jack. After fighting to fix this, I gave up and had XBMC access that device directly via ALSA. However, every time pulse was updated (via the Ubuntu update center) -- pulse would change around my sound device assignments. This would require me to go and reset XBMC back to ALSA.

So, I just removed pulse. Since I have a dedicated XBMC computer -- it didn't hurt me to remove pulse.

Linux should allow for dual audio without this patch, at least through ALSA, but I've never set it up. I considered trying Loto_Bak's asound.rc file:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid744019

There's probably a pulse way as well too.
Thanks for the link, but unfortunately no passthrough audio with that asound.rc file.

Very soon Im going to setup xbmc and see how well it works with pulseaudio and dual audio output.
Hi All

I have the same problem as someone else on here I try to add the Dual Audio file XBMC-11.0-dx-DualAudio and I get a message The Computer Can't Start Because SDL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I have looked in the XBMC folder and it is there i have also added a copy to WIN32 but to no avail any ideas?

Lee
Teedubb,

Yes, that's correct, I had forgotten that example won't support passthrough DTS / DD-AC3.

But, if I remember correctly, an asound configuration can support pass-through on a digital output and a simultaneous analog output -- but the example I saw broke with 44.1k PCM (mp3) playback over toslink because it always directly passed-through the digital stream.

Ivonovak posted this asound file he uses, but I'm not sure what it is doing:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...post775093

Let us know if you getting it working in pulse or ALSA.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)18