• 57(current)
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
rossdret: I commited an update that should fix it.

I was thinking about the problem WildBill mentioned. I am going to separate the tv database file from the main plugin into an addon module. I can then control the upgrading of the code or database separately with this setup. It would make it easier to distribute code updates without effecting the local database. If I do an upgrade currently the old database is eliminated automatically in the upgrade and I can't even translate the favorites because the file is gone. bad planning on my part.

I hope to fix the losing favorites issue and the issue with some shows not favoring correctly due special characters later.

My mba power supply is completely borked the tip seems to have broken inside the cord. Sad i don't have a backup charger.

I was wondering if this is a feature other people would like that is have an option which basically allows you to display the list of channels that one wants visible. A default can be shipped along with the addon, this could probably allow people to enable channels that have been disabled when one updates librtmp.
bharath23: already done. Check the settings. You can enable/disable any station. It removes the station from the list and its shows won't be listed in All Shows.

The default settings is what should be enabled by default. You could play with other stations but they might not work. They will play a link but it might fail at the handshake, swf verify2, or something else needed to play.
(2012-07-14, 03:34)BlueCop Wrote: rossdret: I commited an update that should fix it.

I was thinking about the problem WildBill mentioned. I am going to separate the tv database file from the main plugin into an addon module. I can then control the upgrading of the code or database separately with this setup. It would make it easier to distribute code updates without effecting the local database. If I do an upgrade currently the old database is eliminated automatically in the upgrade and I can't even translate the favorites because the file is gone. bad planning on my part.

I hope to fix the losing favorites issue and the issue with some shows not favoring correctly due special characters later.

My mba power supply is completely borked the tip seems to have broken inside the cord. Sad i don't have a backup charger.

Bluecop, after looking at the log I don't think I pasted all the information. I made a new log and pasted the entire log just incase. Free cable is still not working but I didn't know if you meant it will be fixed in the next update or if you had already fixed it. Also I am running into the same problems with the hulu addon. Hulu addon works but only through the subscriptions link. I have actually always had this problem where i get script errors if I click on anything else other than subscriptions it should be in the log too.

Here is the log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4976

Good luck with your computer. I hope you get it fixed. And thanks again for all the hard work.

I ordered a replacement online but it won't be here till monday. I ended up fixing the cord by cutting, striping the wires and a little soldering. I am just impatient.

I committed an update that should really fix it now. It was an un-escaped apostrophe causing problems.

I also separated the database into its own module so the code or database updates don't effect each other.

I did an update to include station descriptions. I reset the default view to media info 2 for the root listing now. I set the type to movie so the stations icon and station description look nice.

I have it setup now to implement the library export. I am worried that some stations might not work right because of lack of episode or season info. I am attempting to correct that by supplementing tvdb search by air-date and using season lists to match episode titles.
(2012-07-14, 21:23)BlueCop Wrote: I ordered a replacement online but it won't be here till monday. I ended up fixing the cord by cutting, striping the wires and a little soldering. I am just impatient.

I committed an update that should really fix it now. It was an un-escaped apostrophe causing problems.

I also separated the database into its own module so the code or database updates don't effect each other.

I did an update to include station descriptions. I reset the default view to media info 2 for the root listing now. I set the type to movie so the stations icon and station description look nice.

I have it setup now to implement the library export. I am worried that some stations might not work right because of lack of episode or season info. I am attempting to correct that by supplementing tvdb search by air-date and using season lists to match episode titles.

It's working now! Thanks MUCHO!
I am glad it is working for you. I am also going to patch hulu to prevent the same bug. I just had a couple other things I want to change for it as well.

I hope to finish up the library exporting stuff this weekend.

Request for CBSNEWS (www.cbsnews.com) to be added to the list of stations. This would include 60 minutes, 48 hours, CBS Sunday Morning, and Face the Nation that are not included under CBS.

Thanks.
Spiza: I am definitely interested. I still need to investigate further. I have generally avoided news content. This is episodic content though.

sajjad123: I am focusing on US based stations.

Hey, I absolutely love this addon.

I read that US discovery cannot be added, is this still true?
if not Discovery Canada has many full episodes http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/#clip717284 - and it's assessable from the US

Thanks
Check 'Canada On Demand' for this
(2012-07-16, 03:34)brookz Wrote: Check 'Canada On Demand' for this

I do but it is no longer under active development
(2012-07-13, 17:59)BlueCop Wrote: 1. Comedy Central - Native librtmp will have issues(Not sure if swfverify2). It needs some updates for comedycentral.com hosted shows. I will look into this more later

Oddly enough, I can run both South Park Studios and the Daily Show plugin with the patches found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1119907

and here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1124302

It seems likely that the changes to get the Comedy Central station working with an updated rtmp wouldn't be too drastic.
Can't seem to get any channels to work at all. But I see posts from people that are watching today. What do I need to do to fix?

2 devices:

AppleTV = not working
Galaxy s3 = not working

XBMC works great on both these devices. Just Free Cable doesn't play.
@ Kafluke have you updated your librtmp ?
KJ31

- ATV2 5.0.2 (iOS 5.1.1 - 9B830)
- XBMC v11 Eden Final
- Skin: Quartz
- FC Seas0nPass 0.8.6
- aTV Flash (black) 1.6
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator10