ODROID-X (Quad Core ARM A9 w/ Mali GPU)
As seen on engadget this morning:

Article: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/07/k...gle+Reader

Specs:
http://www.hardkernel.com/renewal_2011/p...3999328931

They are also (much like everyone else) promising a X11 binary driver soon.
Very interesting device, with 6 usb port quad core, etc. Wander why no one is interested in it?
(2012-07-14, 14:18)kwanying Wrote: Very interesting device, with 6 usb port quad core, etc. Wander why no one is interested in it?

Probably one reason is that is seems that the market is being flooded by all these new devices.
It can be hard to be heard over the noise. One reason my Marketing people make so much money.
Very nice specs for the price!
Love these little dev arm boards, and one like this has great potential for XBMC, so made a little wiki stub page for it: ODROID-X (wiki)

Feel free to add any info you find on it, expand, share experiences, etc.
(2012-07-15, 06:52)Ned Scott Wrote: Love these little dev arm boards, and one like this has great potential for XBMC, so made a little wiki stub page for it: ODROID-X (wiki)

Cool thanx for your efforts...

This is the future... one day we ain't going to need to build our systems anymore. Stuff is getting so small and more powerful this days.

Tongue
(2012-07-15, 06:58)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 06:52)Ned Scott Wrote: Love these little dev arm boards, and one like this has great potential for XBMC, so made a little wiki stub page for it: ODROID-X (wiki)

This is the future... one day we ain't going to need to build our systems anymore. Stuff is getting so small and more powerful this days.

Tongue

Which is entirely why I say,...you can't future proof you HTPC.
Finally a non-underpowered box that would run the upcoming XBMC for Android with heavy skins and smooth navigation). I was sick of those outdated single core Allwinner A10 platforms (i have a tablet running the A10 platform).

Good to see that manufacturers are taking an interest in the high-end SoCs on the ARM arhitecture, and not just the low-end.

Hopefully, one day we will be able to build our own ARM based HTPCs, i.e. we will have standard motherboard sizes and cases for these little mobos.
Ahhhhh so many choices for me to choose from, but this is looking good
(2012-07-15, 14:29)GortWillSaveUs Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 06:58)Beer40oz Wrote:

Tongue

Which is entirely why I say,...you can't future proof you HTPC.

Sure you can --- to an extent. And when making choices between 2 components that are roughly the same performance and cost I always will choose the one that has more upgrade potential. Just thrown in a NVidia 430 from a PC that's 5 years old and it can play everything you throw at it today.

The fact that something like the RaspberryPi *might be* a possible option doesn't change what you can do today and in the future with your HTPC.
the Exynos CPU's will rule the micro-PC world very soon!!

A closer look at Samsung’s killer 2GHz Exynos 5250 CPU
I've just ordered myself an ODroid-X and will be happy to report back performance/issues etc when I receive it. Smile
I've just received mine, still waiting for my micro-HDMI cable though :S. Still, it's very cute and can't wait to power it up when I have my cable. And it's the only quad-core machine in my home :-)

What can I do to contribute? How many XBMC users have ordered it anyway?
Hello, I have not seen this board before but its very interesting. I have this: http://androidtvbox.us/products/g-box-midnight/

Can you tell me if they share the same processor/video specs (different variations of Mali400 High Performance HD GPU ,A9 Neon Cortex CPU) ?? I have tried N64 emulators in Android on the g-box and nothing performed like the video of the ODROID-X.

Thanks.
(2012-09-18, 16:41)jangobounty Wrote: Hello, I have not seen this board before but its very interesting. I have this: http://androidtvbox.us/products/g-box-midnight/

Can you tell me if they share the same processor/video specs (different variations of Mali400 High Performance HD GPU ,A9 Neon Cortex CPU) ?? I have tried N64 emulators in Android on the g-box and nothing performed like the video of the ODROID-X.

Thanks.

The ODROID-X is more powerful. That is why you are getting lag on your G Box...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID-X (Quad Core ARM A9 w/ Mali GPU)2